• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks New Colors?

KB21

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that because it seems as if every time a team does a drastic change in their color scheme, the team usually gets better.

Now I know that there are a lot of other factors that play a part in this, but a uniform or logo change usually represents a sort of "new birth" for the team.

NFL

- Tampa Bay Bucs ( completely changed the color and logo from the orange buccaneer, to the pewter and red Buck flag. Not that I'm against orange, but only us at Tennessee look good in orange . . lol )

- Tennessee Titans ( changed name and logo, and went from predomantely powder blue to predominately dark blue, with a touch of light blue and sometimes red )

- Atlanta Falcons ( loved it when they went to black during the Jerry Glanville/Deion Sanders days )

NBA

- Cleveland Cavaliers ( constantly changed . . from the orange of the 80s, to the blue of the 90s, to the current maroon, gold, and white as soon as they signed LeBron )

- Denver Nuggets ( went from that rainbow skyline of the 70s and 80s to the navy blue and gold in the 90s )

- Utah Jazz ( went from the purple and gold, to the light and dark blue, with a touch of purple. It paid off for them as soon as they changed )

- Dallas Mavericks ( ditched the predomantely green unis, to go with predomantely blue )

- Philadelphia 76ers ( went from red and white, to black and white, with a touch of red and gold. A good look for Iverson and the boys )

MLB

- Atlanta Braves ( from the powder blue to the red, white, and blue . . . it worked for them as soon as they changed )

- Arizona Diamondbacks ( this year, went from the purple, white, and black to the red and black . . they're currently 36 - 26 with the 3rd best record in the National League )

- San Diego Padres ( went from that god awful brown of the 70s and 80s, to blue )

- Chicago White Sox ( went from the red, white, and blue to black and white . . a very good look for them when it first came out in the 90s )

Just food for thought. If changing the uniforms might assist us in breaking this 8 year drought, then bring on the change.

Well a lot of this desire for change is driven by marketing, IE once you make a change you can (conceivably) start selling a heck of a lot more t-shirts and caps etc etc etc. So in that regard- I'm not much of a fan of making changes just for change' sake, but agree that sometimes a look (or a franchise) can just get stale and really use an update.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were a perfect example of that. I mean I loved their old uni's, but that franchise was *so* mired in badness at that point that they had absolutely nothing to lose by trying to change things up.

And then on the flip-side of that are the Denver Broncos. I absolutely loved their uniforms back in the day of the 'Orange Crush', that beautiful orange jersey and equally beautiful sky blue helmet with the bucking bronco crashing through the 'D'. s_mecklenburg_i.jpg That is one of the great sports uniforms ever in my opinion- and should have never been changed. There was no need for it, other than a conscious desire to sell more jerseys and apparel. It was a design campaign conceived, driven, and orchestrated by Nike (as so many of them are), and you can even see the sideways Nike 'Swoosh' not so subtly hidden on the Broncos new helmets.

Quote:

I say we BOMBARD ASG with E-mails, letters, and maybe even hold a demonstration somewhere demanding that if they make new uni's that they somehow bring the Pacman back! lol

It is SO time.
bannana_guitar.gif

It's odd.. I don't know a single person who isn't crazy about the Pac-man.. but yet we still won't get it back.

Quote:

Quote:

hey ATLJA316 are you sure thats our new jersey clors?

How dare you question a man with Chuck Norris (in a Hawks uniform, no less!!) as his avatar?

Let me tell ya- Chuck would not be pleased, buddy.

HAHA -- i'm pretty sure...

and yeah, we are getting new colors, new court, new unis....

all that good stuff.

pretty much in the same situation that DEN/CLE was in back in 03....with thew new look, and high draft pick.

hopefully we'll succeed like they did!