• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

• Premium Member

Got some emails this morning with some information I thought you guys would enjoy:

1. Knight is trying to scare the Grizz on settling for #3 as the centerpiece for a trade to acquire Gasol. The Grizz are feeling high on Horford and Wright and BK is presenting the trade as a chance for Memphis to nab both players. Knight is trying to hold onto the #11 pick to draft Critt or Law or Conley if he's still there. Grizz are rumored to be asking for #3, #11 and Chill.

2. Chill seems almost a lock to be included in any deal we make. He will never start for this team and he wants to get a chance to start before he's a RFA/UFA.

3. Knight has indeed talk to Phoenix about Amare.

4. Apparently three teams are holding everyone up in trade talks: Portland, Phoenix and Memphis. Portland is dangling Randolph and is listening to offers for Jack. Aldridge appears to be off the table unless Randolph can't be traded due to contract/attitude/lack of defense. Phoenix is being held hostage by an owner who doesn't want to pay the luxury tax. They can't fob Diaw off and it appears Marion and Amare are being dangled. Marion seems much more likely to be dealt. Memphis has fielded many calls on Gasol and their pick and seem to be holding Gasol up for a king's ransom.

5. Boston is the team most interested in Yi despite Ainge's remarks about him playing well against a chair.

6. If we can't move the pick Yi is still the clear frontrunner. Feeling is that he offers unique skillset to our roster plus his ticket drawing power to Atlanta and international attention.

7. Plan definitely seems to be to take best big man prospect (assuming no trades) at #3 and whatever PG is left at #11.

8. Nothing is set on stone but it seems Gasol is the most likely trade target if Knight can get a deal he thinks will not sacrifice too many resources.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. I also feel Chill needs to go.

He is a nice player off the bench, never worthy of a Deng, plus he now has a history of stress fractures which is never good.

However, the Grizz already have Gay and Warrick. Adding 3 more forwards is getting a little much.

He better not trade both picks and Chillz for Gasol! I have no problems with the 3 for Gasol, but not both picks, and Childress, and wow, I didn't know Amare was avaliable, thought it was just a smokescreen.

In the end of the day, I don't see a trade happening, Memphis is asking for way to much.

• Premium Member

Sothron, good insight and information again! Keep it up and protect your sources.

I'm in the camp that would be OK with the 3rd pick being used with a package to acquire a veteran player like Gasol. I don't like any deal that would include both picks. Hopefully, they can find another player outside of the main 'core' to include in a deal for Gasol. Memphis having 2 consecutive picks along with 1-2 good young established players would put them in the playoff hunt right away. It would also give them the ability to trade the 4 pick for other veteran players if they desire.

#3 and Chilz wouldn't even work straight up for Gasol though. We would have to throw in some other players to make the salaries match. If we can trade the #3, Chilz and either Lue or whoever for Gasol I would be down for that trade. We can't trade both picks though.

Thanks.

I have to say that Gasol for #3, Chill, and filler would make a lot of sense. I would also say no to including #11, good job BK. Although, a part of me would be a little sad at this point to not have a go at drafting Yi. The head says Gasol would be a great choice right now, but emotions pull for Yi.

I would put out the same deal for Amare or Aldridge/Jack.

I just hope BK is really okay with Yi/Critt if the trades don't work out. I'm hopeful that he won't jump at a ripoff deal just to avoid more youth.

• Premium Member

Quote:

#3 and Chilz wouldn't even work straight up for Gasol though. We would have to throw in some other players to make the salaries match. If we can trade the #3, Chilz and either Lue or whoever for Gasol I would be down for that trade. We can't trade both picks though.

The balance would be filler players and contracts not anyone of real importance other than Chill or so I was told.

Quote:

He better not trade both picks and Chillz for Gasol! I have no problems with the 3 for Gasol, but not both picks, and Childress, and wow, I didn't know Amare was avaliable, thought it was just a smokescreen.

In the end of the day, I don't see a trade happening, Memphis is asking for way to much.

I have been saying who the Grizzlies are after since Black Tuesday. For most in the Hawks fanbase, it was a nonstarter. The Grizzlies want Josh Smith and Knight does want Gasol. You guys are not going to like whatever the deal is if it happens.

My guess: #3, Smith for Gasol, Warrick with an additional player (ZaZa or Chill) and expirings.

Would we be able to include Speedy in a Gasol deal? And would Gasol hinder us from resigning Smith?

And what's with all this Amare talk? No way PHX trades him before Marion or anyone else on their roster unless they get a GREAT return.

Quote:

Quote:

I have been saying who the Grizzlies are after since Black Tuesday. For most in the Hawks fanbase, it was a nonstarter. The Grizzlies want Josh Smith and Knight does want Gasol. You guys are not going to like whatever the deal is if it happens.

My guess: #3, Smith for Gasol, Warrick with an additional player (ZaZa or Chill) and expirings.

No Josh Smith!!! Go back to BBF.com

Dude Josh Smith is going NOWHERE. More than likely you Memphis fans will be disappointed because you will not get Josh Smith. That is WAY TOO MUCH to give up for Gasol. Your crazy!!!