• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, there is a lot of asking, "What would you

take for _________ ? Would ________ be available if

the price is right?

Feeling out process. What deal is available and what would

it cost us?

Teams have needs. Teams have wants. Not just the Hawks.

Gashol for Speedy and Josh Smith? May not be a reasonable

offer, but maybe the first step in the feeling out process.

We need a vet center. We need a healthy Speedy or trade

his high payroll. J Chill is one of our young stars.

If you want a starter and a star, you can't just trade

some players from the end of the bench - If you want

to get a star, you're going to have to give up something.

Josh, Josh, Marvin, Shellhead - - Zaza, all are young.

With a starting center added, do we then loose Zaza?

So many questions - - - So few answers that we are sure of.

guitarist.gif

Quote:

Quote:

What is Gasol's contract status like? How many years left?

4 years $15-16 million per year.

Gasol would not be a good trade, despite being 4 yrs more under contract he made trade demands. He demanded to go to a winning team.

So if the Hawks don't turn around upcoming season, is Gasol going to make demands again? Do we even need a player that'll pout when things aren't going his way, isn't known for playing D, will play for his national team and has been injured several times.

3 and Childress

1.Childress will not resign with the Hawks when he could start somewhere else.

This will give Childress a chance to start and earn a good contract for himself.

But only if knight is really gonna take a point guard at 11.

I would rather keep chill than draft another foward at 11.

Quote:

Thanks guys.
smile.gif

Gutzy as I said in my first point Knight is already trying to talk Memphis down out of their asking price over Gasol.

Just out of curiosity:

Would you guys rather trade #3 and #11 or #3 and Chill if it came down to it?

To be honest I would trade the whole batch. But realistically we have to get the best value we can and I would want to have that #11 to trade for JJack or Ridnour.

Still...Center: Shelden/Zaza....PF: Gasol....SF: Smoove...SG: JJ...........sounds pretty damn good to me.

• Premium Member

Diesel's 5 questions:

1. How can we scare Memphis into anything if they are picking 4th?

2. Why would Memphis want Chillz and his contract renegotiation when they have Sweet shooting Mike Miller?

3. Why would any team want Chillz knowing that they have to resign him immediately?

4. Why isn't Memphis in the hunt for a Big? They have Gay, Warrick, and if they lose Gasol, Warrick becomes the biggest person in Memphis... I understand like Horford, but wouldn't they want Noah equally as bad.

5. Why isn't Memphis in the hunt for a PG? Their best PG is old man Damon Stoudamire. Even if they thought they could get our 11, wouldn't it make sense for them to want one of our vet PGs like Lue?

Tx I agree with the trade scenario. I think you got to take Gasol cause he will be an all star in this confrence and potentially your best player. Nothing against Yi but by the time he reaches his peak Knight and the rest of the regime might not have a job.And to be honest how much better can Yi be then Gasol in these next few years?

Quote:

Diesel's 5 questions:

1. How can we scare Memphis into anything if they are picking 4th?

2. Why would Memphis want Chillz and his contract renegotiation when they have Sweet shooting Mike Miller?

3. Why would any team want Chillz knowing that they have to resign him immediately?

4. Why isn't Memphis in the hunt for a Big? They have Gay, Warrick, and if they lose Gasol, Warrick becomes the biggest person in Memphis... I understand like Horford, but wouldn't they want Noah equally as bad.

5. Why isn't Memphis in the hunt for a PG? Their best PG is old man Damon Stoudamire. Even if they thought they could get our 11, wouldn't it make sense for them to want one of our vet PGs like Lue?

1. He said Memphis wants both Wright and Horford.

2. Miller supposedly wants to be traded and might be dealt this summer. Also, Iavaroni is stressing defense and Miller can't defend.

3. Rookie extensions are usually quite reasonable due to the CBA protection the home team gets.

4. Jerry West has been saying that we needs backcourt help bigtime.

5. The organization is high on Kyle Lowry as the PG of the future or trying to sign Mo Williams in FA.

I agree that Chill makes no sense for Memphis at all. None.

I can't see him being a big part of any deal to the Grizz.

Memphis needs a PG in a bad way. If they make a trade with us they can get Conley/Horford. But, Horford and Chillz is not enough for Gasol. Not even close.

They wanted Deng and Gordon...plus a Tyrus Thomas or Sefolosha. Our deal would probably include Smoove.

Memphis is not stupid.

Quote:

Anthony Johnson (Or whatever #11 can get us)

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Pau Gasol

We would be talking playoffs boys.

The real question is - "Can that team ever compete for championship"? Should we mortgage our future for this ceiling?

Gasol's contract would make us liquidate our young players when they mature and become UFA/RFA.

I don't see ASG paying Gasol so much money and at the same time lose all the $ Yi will bring into their business.

• Premium Member

I propose:

Zaza, #3, Speedy, and Lo. It gives them enough capspace to go after a free agent. It gives them a vet PG. It gives them a young Center. IF they get Horford, I think he make an excellent addition to Zaza.

NOW... Brandan and Horford... That's a joke right?

Miller, Warrick, Gay, Chillz, Brandan, and Horford...

IS BK GMING FOR THEM TOO?

Quote:

...Memphis is not stupid.

Well they probably aren't...but it comes down to what you can get.

Gasol requested a trade and then backed off. To think that he just decided he loved Memphis is silly. He still wants to go and they know they have to trade him. The Hawks are the logical destination.

Not to diss Marvin - but I would love to see our two forwards being Gasol and Smoove next year detective.gif

Jerry when will we ever come to the point where we stop building for the future? By the time some of these players reach there potential, their contracts will be up and they will sign elswhere because we cant keep them all. And other teams are gonna bare the fruits of our labor. I think you make the deal for an all star that fills a need.

I think Chillz would be welcomed in memphis. They are going to a run and gun style (new coach) and beleive me they are gonna need someone like him. He can play defense, bring the ball up, and play that uptempo style. Thats like saying Phoenix couldnt use a player like chillz in that type of system.

#3, Chillz and Speedy....gets them their big (#3), Their diaw type player for Ivaroni's offense and a pg to run the show.

• Premium Member

Quote:

yeah I would like to get Yi as well, but Gasol is a proven all-star, and a much less risk. he could also be our center.

Gasol cannot play center, he couldn't guard me or you. This would be a MAJOR mistake for the Hawks. We need a defensive center to play the middle. I would take Horford or Noah over Gasol.