• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

I know we are all hawks fans and want the best for our team but saying you want Noah over Gasol is just nuts. Speedy, at this point is not the pg of the future here and Chillz is not gonna get the money he would get somewhere else.

So if they would do #3,Chillz and Claxton which works out in the trade checker and fills needs for them (as well as them still having their #4)...

The real question is do you think Horford can average 20 and 10 in this league a season? Cause thats what Gasol does for you.

You do this deal baby.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

...Gasol cannot play center, he couldn't guard me or you. This would be a MAJOR mistake for the Hawks. We need a defensive center to play the middle. I would take Horford or Noah over Gasol.

He would NOT play center....he would play power forward.

Zaza/Shelden play center.

...and to be honest, he gets criticism on his "D" that he doesn't deserve. Hawks next year - a 7 foot shot blocking PF who has post moves and a 6'8" rocket ship SF who can jump out of the gymn...I'll take that.

Guest Walter

Quote:

The balance would be filler players and contracts not anyone of real importance other than Chill or so I was told.

...be very nice. I still believe Gasol and JJ could be incredible...just likely not under Woodson. I seriously doubt that coach can coach period.

W

If you look at the teams (post draft), if Atlanta deals #3 pick, Chillz, Lue, Salim, and Lo (last 2 are expiring contracts)for Gasol then that gives each team a proposed rotation of:

Lowry/Lue/Stoudamire

Miller/Chillz/Slim

Gay/Cardinal

Warrick/B. Wright/Johnson

Horford/Swift/L. Wright

They could go with:

Lowry

Miller/Chillz

Gay

Horford

Swift

I think they'd still have a good bit of money to go with that good young talent and as mentioned, Miller could be moved for some needed depth at Center.

We all know what Atlanta would look like with that trade. I believe ZaZa and/or Shelden somehow has to be in that deal to make Memphis want to do it.

Either way we could go with different lineups whenever we want like someone stated above. Gasol could play center if we need him to at times. With Gasol at PF it would look like:

AJ

JJ

Smoove

Gasol

Shelden/Zaza

with Gasol at center

AJ

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Gasol

I like the above lineup better and Gasol can EASILY play center in the horrible conference we play in the East.

Quote:

why would we be more interested in Gasol over Amare? That doesn't make much sense to me.

B/c we can get get Gasol and keep Josh Smith and the #11 pick. Gasol for #3, Chills, and junk. We keep the #11 and Josh Smith if this plays out.

Amre would cost #3, #11, Josh Smith, Childress, and much more

• Premium Member

I know many here talk about Horford being our pick and playing Center...

However, that's a stretch and we are in the east and we still have Zaza...

Memphis plays in the West.

If the get a 6'9 lineup, they will lose about 85% of their games. Any team that has the 3 and 4 pick in a decent draft like this one should not lose 85% of their games.

I agree Walter on both points. Lord have mercy if their would still be a way to get conley if we acquired Gasol. He gets a big to play with and a kick out guy in Joe. Im not gonna be mad if we end up with Law because I think hes ahead of Javaris at this point. But thoughts of a Javaris and Salim backcourt comming off the bench is intriguing.

Quote:

Quote:

yeah I would like to get Yi as well, but Gasol is a proven all-star, and a much less risk. he could also be our center.

Gasol cannot play center, he couldn't guard me or you. This would be a MAJOR mistake for the Hawks. We need a defensive center to play the middle. I would take Horford or Noah over Gasol.

I agree. Gasol is not the one. It would be a very $$$ costly mistake.

IMO Gasol is a perfect balance for a roster that is heavy on jumpshooters. He is an EXCELLENT back to the basket scorer.

Highlights are of course always biased, but check out some of his clips from youtube. Afterwards picture his inside presence teamed with a slasher like smoove and jumpshooters like JJ and Marvin. Get a point at 11 or trade it for jack and that team is good. Scary good. Eastern Conf. finals good.

Make it happen B.K.

• Premium Member

Outside of Shaq and Big Z is there really any true back to the basket 7 foot center in the Eastern Conference? Who exactly would Gasol be guarding at center that even has a post game in today's NBA game?

I'm not saying Gasol will ever be a great or even good defensive player but he does have great shotblocking instincts (look at his career and last season BPG) and frankly whose there in the East that would just kill us on the inside?

If BK is feeling that Shellhead of all people with his small arms and 6'8" height can play center why not a guy like Gasol?

thanks for the info soth..

i like trading for Gasol because of the instant contention we would be in the playoffs with our young players with still room to grow.....the contract and not being able to resign our young players scares me...

i would prefer to get amare due to his defensive presence. he would be able to do AS MUCH offensively without the phoenix system but he would still be very good. and i don't think his numbers are as much as gasols so i'd love to bring him in. the paint would be a no-layup zone with him and smith.

Reasons Gasol would play center here:

1. We had Zaza there.

2. Hawks are gonna have to have Smooth and Marvin on the floor at the same time. If you dont think so you are nuts. The #2 pick in the league and riding bench in his 3rd year? I dont think so and this regime certainly doesnt think so.

3. I beleive that is Brad Miller guarding Pau on his nba.com profile....so yes he does play center.

4. Yes, hes not the second comming of Shaq but I didnt realize we had the oppurtunity to get Oden or Orlando was fielding offers for Dwight Howard (sarcasm).

Quote:

IMO Gasol is a perfect balance for a roster that is heavy on jumpshooters. He is an EXCELLENT back to the basket scorer.

Highlights are of course always biased, but check out some of his clips from youtube. Afterwards picture his inside presence teamed with a slasher like smoove and jumpshooters like JJ and Marvin. Get a point at 11 or trade it for jack and that team is good. Scary good. Eastern Conf. finals good.

Make it happen B.K.

Well said. bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

Make it happen B.K.

Well said...I agree 100% munching_out.gif

Shaq is washed up anyways so you can pretty much count him out. He is NOWHERE near the player he once was. Gasol could score all over Shaq. Actually Gasol could score on any center in the eastern conference with EASE. Plus he is a great passer for slashers like Smoove and Marvin. The lineup below could contend for the eastern finals IMO! I don't know how Cleveland even made it. They are a joke and so is the Eastern conference.

AJ/Law/Critt/Jack

JJ/Salim

Marvin

Smooove/Shelden

Gasol/Zaza/Solomon