• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked, according to people who follow the Bulls on RealGM, Paxson said "they wanted significantly more than Deng"...

That was Paxson's direct quote. Unlike Knight, Paxson speaks occasionally. That was a direct quote.

My point remains that Chill/3 is a LMAO deal. It will not bring Gasol. It would only give the Grizz a good laugh although everybody needs a good laugh right?

I usually agree with Pete on alot of things. This I dont though. I think the Grizz are gonna get caught up in something like we did with Al Harrington. Much like us, they are waiting till the summer to put together a deal that they could have gotten alot more for during the season. We ended up at #11 but that was a freaking disaster waiting to happen....If you would have asked me at the beginning of the season where that pick would be I would have told you in the 20's.

If Sothorn's sources say they may be asking for #3, #11 and Chillz, of course you have got to counter. #3, Chillz and Speedy (to match money and patch a need of theirs). Think if they keep Gasol...They get the 4th pick in the draft? And that pick takes a few years to develop and they go through another horrible year? With the hawks as a trading partner they would get 2 vets and a young star (potentially) plus whoever they take at #4 and shedding Gasols contract.

I do that deal if I were them. The trade offers are only gonna get worse for them imo.

The simple question is why do the Grizz want Chill? They have Gay (SF of the future), Miller, and Warrick. They don't need another SF. Chill is hardly a difference maker on a team that bad.

They don't have to trade Gasol and won't unless they get a steal...or, Gasol forces them publicly. So far, he has mellowed on his trade stance.

Gasol/Gay/Horford (current)

Horford/Conley/Gay/Chill (after trade)

Which group do you prefer? Because that is the essence of this trade.

I like the tope 3 as my base. That is not a bad front line. Why do they have to trade Gasol again?

Guest Walter

Quote:

i would prefer to get amare due to his defensive presence. he would be able to do AS MUCH offensively without the phoenix system but he would still be very good. and i don't think his numbers are as much as gasols so i'd love to bring him in. the paint would be a no-layup zone with him and smith.

Amare has NEVER blocked as many shots IN HIS BEST YEAR as Gasol has blocked IN HIS WORST YEAR! They average the exact same number (6.2) of defensive rebounds for their regular season career. There are perhaps reasons to want Amare over Gasol (not including relative health) but one of them is not defense. Neither player is a stallwort mind you.

W

Doesn't the leauge state that you can't go two years in a row without a first rounder and ours is taken by Pheonix next year. Now if we could get creative and sneak into next years draft by replacing Chills with Marvin.

Atlanta gives #3, #11, Marvin Williams, Speedy Claxton, Lo Wright

Memphis gives Pau Gasol, First round pick 2008.

We would go into the season with AJ at the point but a pretty complimentory front court of Smooth, Shell, and Gasol.

woohoo.gif

Quote:

Apparently their first offer was #3, #11, Smoove and Chill for Gasol. Knight is trying to lower that demand to not include Smoove. I'm guessing (please note this is Sothron spitballing here) that this is where the earlier reports of Smoove being possibly dealt came from this first trade offer from Memphis. I know one of my sources hinted two weeks ago or so that Smoove and Chill might be moved so I'll take a stab and say this is where that came from.

what would we have to give up to get amare stoudemire?

From what Ive read I think hes clearly on the block pete. The deal that yall mentioned during the season and the talks they are having now leads me to beleive that.

I think him softening his stance could be a strategic thing by memphis by them saying "We will do everything we can to trade you but you cant spout off letting other teams know you want to be traded cause it hurts your value and its less likely to get you moved." Thats just my opinion though.

As for Chillz in that new high octane offense that they will install he is not just a SF. He might play as many as 3 positions on that team at any given time. Of course hes not gonna play the 4 or the 5 but weve seen him play 1,2,3 here.

Gasol/Gay/Horford (current)

or

Gay/Horford/B Wright/Chillz/Speedy (more money off their books)(After Trade)

I inserted Wright to support Sothorns sources.

I just think that 2nd option puts the Grizzlies in a better place.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

... Neither player is a stallwort mind you.

W

I disagree...I think PG can be a stallworth. I think he can do the job.

Neither player rank in the top 10 in defensive TENDEX as Pfs or Cs per game or per48.

That doesn't mean both are bad defensively. Just not great defensively.

W

Quote:

BTW, with so few teams below the cap who is going to throw big bucks at Noc? The Bulls are in the catbird seat...unless the Bobcats REALLY want him. I doubt Noc leaves unless its a sign and trade.

Given the frequency I've heard it mentioned, I do think it's likely that if randolph is not traded before July 1st he will go to CHI for a resigned Nocioni and filler....

Quote:

My guess: #3, Smith for Gasol, Warrick with an additional player (ZaZa or Chill) and expirings.

Oh my god, Memphis fan- then ya'll can go ahead just keep Gasoline. Talk about the Hawks getting bent over in trade, and we probably wouldn't even get the courtesy of a reach-around either. doh.gif

The hell with that. I'm not even a Gasol fan anyway. If Yi is seen as being comparable in style of play to Pau (after a few years of development of course), then why the heck just not draft Yi and forget this Pau Gasol nonsense altogether?

My guess is....BK's feeling the heat to get a winner out there ASAP, but IMO this deal would be an absolute shame for us. It really would make me feel sick.

Quote:

Oi, I actually don't have to have Conley at all. I'm just usually pointing out the illogic in your posts. But, I'm not the only one, right?

DJ, here are two deals less desirable that get it done.

3/Smoove/Speedy

3/11/Chill/Speedy/Lo

I think we can get them to take a little trash with the deal. But, 3/Chill is a real LMAO deal. Won't fly.

if they want that much I say Memphis and Atlanta should agree to disagree.

The Hawks don't have to trade this pick. Hopefully GMs believe that BK won't flinch and he'll pull the trigger on Horford or Yi.

At what point does winning take priority over developing players for you guys? It seems to be an infactuation with young players and what they could become on here. How many lottery picks have you guys had and how many have turned out to be as good as Gasol is now (remember he is just entering his prime). I read stuff like he won't make Atl championship contenders...wtf...make the playoffs first. Build from there. Worry about players that will take you over the top, AFTER you freaking make the playoffs.

My guess is that Gasol gets dealt. However, a lottery pick, marginal player and bad contract will not get you a 7 foot All Star post player entering his prime. FWIW Pau Gasol has been playing center for 2 seasons and made the ASG as a center.