• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2003 Mock Draft

KB21

This is using the current standings, current trades, and nba draft report's ratings with a few adjustments that interject who I feel will declare and rise/fall between now and the draft:

01. Cleveland Cavaliers - Lebron James SG Akron, OH

He may refuse to sign with them, but he's their target. Has the potential to be a Kobe Bryant type of player.

02. Denver Nuggets - Darko Milicic C Yugoslavia

Has been compared to Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki. May not be a true center, but is 7-0 with good range.

03. Detroit Pistons - Carmelo Anthony SF Syracuse

With the pick acquired from Memphis, the Pistons take Anthony with the idea he can give them some much needed offensive punch. He has the athleticism to be a Jamal Mashburn type player, but he plays with the mentality of Glenn Robinson.

04. Los Angeles Clippers - Ha Seung-jin C South Korea

The wild card of the draft. Ha is a 7-4 giant who is more of a low post guy than Yao Ming is. He could be a player that changes the landscape of the draft.

05. Toronto Raptors - Anderson Vajerao PF Brazil

The Raptors need good players period, but they are longing for some interior players. Vajerao is a more offensive version of Nene Hilario.

06. Miami Heat - Zarko Cabarkapa PF Yugoslavia

I think Miami would really like to add a point guard here, but this is a bit high for a guy like Luke Ridnour. Cabarkapa is a 6-11 PF/SF combo type player who needs to get bigger but has some offensive game.

07. Chicago Bulls - Jarvis Hayes SG Georgia

Sweet shooting two guard from Georgia could really upgrade the Bulls offensive punch at the two guard position.

08. Milwaukee Bucks - Brian Cook PF Illinois

With the pick acquired from Atlanta, the Bucks go for a power forward prospect that can really help them. Cook is 6-10 and has great range, but he needs to get stronger in the post.

09. New York Knicks - Rick Rickert PF Minnesota

Kevin McHale type player with a wonderful offensive game. Needs to get stronger and has some worries about his defensive approach.

10. Seattle Supersonics - Luke Ridnour PG Oregon

The replacement for Gary Payton.

11. Golden State Warriors - Chris Thomas PG Notre Dame

They will lose Arenas in the offseason, so they prepare for that by drafting Thomas, who is more of a true point guard than Arenas is anyway.

12. Washington Wizards - Reece Gaines SG Louisville

Back to rebuilding for the Wizards. Gaines is a combo guard similar to Larry Hughes, who is currently a Wizard.

13. Memphis Grizzlies - Dwayne Wade SG Marquette

Undersized, but a terrific scorer who is a great ball handler.

14. Seattle Supersonics - Malik Badine PF Senegal

Project player with great athleticism. Could help the Sonics out in the post.

15. Orlando Magic - Darius Rice SF Miami

Sweet shooting small forward with great athleticism and is 6-10. Could replace the injured Grant Hill and departed Mike Miller.

16. Phoenix Suns - Josh Howard SG Wake Forest

The Suns always seem to make great picks, and I think this could be another one. Howard is an athletic shooting guard in the mold of Desmond Mason.

17. Los Angeles Lakers - Nick Collison PF Kansas

Raef LaFrentz type of player who is a solid rebounder, good scorer with range, and good passer.

18. New Orleans Hornets - Eduardo Hernandez C Spain

Solid team in search of quality depth. Hernandez could give them solid back up minutes at the 4 and 5 positions.

19. Boston Celtics - Chris Kaman C Central Michigan

In need of a big rebounder, the Celtics will look to the fast rising 7 footer from CMU.

20. Utah Jazz - Michael Sweetney PF Georgetown

Potential replacement for Karl Malone.

21. Boston Celtics - Marcus Banks PG UNLV

They like JR Bremer and Tony Delk, but neither take enough pressure off Pierce and Walker.

22. New Jersey Nets - David West PF Xavier

The Nets don't need much, so they add a solid all around player for depth purposes.

23. Atlanta Hawks - Marquis Daniels SG Auburn

Good scorer and shooter who is asked to handle the ball quite a bit for the Tigers. Leads his team in scoring, rebounding, and assists. Has some point guard ability.

24. Sacramento Kings - Kresimir Loncar C Croatia

Euro center who the Kings can let develop overseas.

25. Portland Trailblazers - Carlos Delfino SF Argentina

Defensive small forward that could take Scottie Pippen's place in the line up.

26. Minnesota Timberwolves - Kirk Hinrich PG Kansas

27. Memphis Grizzlies - Uche Amadi C Wyoming

28. San Antonio Spurs - James Jones SF Miami

29. Dallas Mavericks - Mario Austin PF Mississippi State

30. Cleveland Cavaliers - James Lang C Birmingham, AL

31. New York Knicks - Maurice Williams PG Alabama

32. Milwaukee Bucks - Zaur Pachulia C Rep. of Georgia

33. Los Angeles Clippers - Dahntay Jones SG Duke

34. Toronto Raptors - Troy Bell PG Boston College

35. Miami Heat - Marcus Hatten PG St. John's

36. Chicago Bulls - Dalron Johnson SF UNLV

37. Atlanta Hawks - Lavell Blanchard SF Michigan

if the Cavs draft him and he's as upset with them as he says that he is or pretends to be...then he'll pull the Steve Francis and force the trade.

If Lebron refuses to sign with them, he can sit out the season and re-enter the draft next year as long as he doesn't play in an alternate professional league.

The same thing could have happened to Steve Logan this year, but he chose to play overseas, so the Warriors keep his draft rights.

Too bad for Lebron....

If he sits out and attempts to re-enter he will be ruled ineligible as the new rule states you must be 20 to enter the draft...

If cleveland picks him he is stuck if they don't want to trade him...

therefore he can either play for them or sit out until a trade can be arranged

The advantage here is definitley to the cav's, Lebron has no bargaining power what so ever in this case.

While yes, he'd lose a year of playing, the Cavs would also lose a number one draft pick with absolutely no compensation. That's the draw-back on their part...it's the same thing that happened to Francis...

Yeah. That new rule means I'll have to add Schortsianitis to the draft. I initially thought he would decide against entering when he finds out that he won't be a lottery pick.

I think this may guarantee Ha Seung-jin will enter the draft as well.

I wonder what this rule will do to guys like Travis Outlaw, Kendrick Perkins, and James Lang who are three high schoolers toying with the idea of entering the draft?

I know Perkins had made a verbal commitment to Memphis, but I thought I read somewhere that he has now decided against entering the draft, and WILL go to at least 1 year in college.

Of course, these things always change, so who knows? Calipari is doing a great job getting these highly recruited players, even if it's only for a year.