• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we keep 3 get ready for NOAH

NJHAWK

I just have that feeling. Your gonna here his name alot after workouts. Im not booking this but his named has to be put right there with Yi and Hortford. Dont kill the delivery boy for the news in the paper.

Honestly if were talking about just drafting for need I wouldn't mind Noah at all. He is a legit 7 footer who could play center for us. But I think taking him at #3 is way too early but so is taking Conley. Hawks are really in a tough position here. Maybe we can take Wright then trade him to another team that draft Noah later down and get another piece/or pick. I guess I wouldn't be totally pissed if we ended up with Noah/Law out of the draft. I'm just ready to get to draft day already.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Honestly if were talking about just drafting for need I wouldn't mind Noah at all. He is a legit 7 footer who could play center for us.

Yi at 3

Noah at 11

Trade Childress for Critt or pick to get Critt

1) Yi provides us the necessary talent.

2) Noah isn't a big center but he's a hustle center who would instantly significantly improve the position. Next to a 7'+ in Yi at Pf Noah doesn't have to be a giant. He's instantly the badly needed emotional leader of the Hawks. In two years when ZaZa is a FA we can afford to let ZaZa walk if we prefer some of our other young talent because we have a center prospect.

3) We still get our Pg prospect, do so by trading from our strength, and avoid having to address what to do with JC when it comes time to resign he and JS.

Lineup:

Noah and ZaZa/SJ

Yi/SW/SJ

JS/MW

JJ/AJ

JC/Speedy

W

Quote:

Quote:

Honestly if were talking about just drafting for need I wouldn't mind Noah at all. He is a legit 7 footer who could play center for us.

Yi at 3

Noah at 11

2) Noah isn't a big center but he's a hustle center who would instantly significantly improve the position. Next to a 7'+ in Yi at Pf Noah doesn't have to be a giant. He's instantly the badly needed emotional leader of the Hawks. In two years when ZaZa is a FA we can afford to let ZaZa walk if we prefer some of our other young talent because we have a center prospect.

3) We still get our Pg prospect, do so by trading from our strength, and avoid having to address what to do with JC when it comes time to resign he and JS.

Lineup:

Noah and ZaZa/SJ

Yi/SW/SJ

JS/MW

JJ/AJ

JC/Speedy

W

i'm totally down with that.

Guest Walter

...Horford.

That's 1.75" taller without shoes, .5" greater wingspan and .5" less standing reach, and 1.5" and 2" higher standing and stepping jumps respectively.

20 to 12 bench press advantage...Horford.

Faster lane agility 11.79 to 12.15...Noah.

Faster 3/4 sprint 3.37 to 3.47...Horford.

Noah and Horford are equally as fast/agile.

Noah and Horford are equally as long.

Noah is taller.

Noah is a better leaper.

Horford is bigger.

Horford is stronger.

Noah at 11 is a better value than Horford at 3, particularly if you are looking to fill the center position in the NBA.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Yi at 3

Noah at 11

Lineup:

Noah and ZaZa/SJ

Yi/SW/SJ

JS/MW

JJ/AJ

JC/Speedy

W

Dubya that is the best I could dream. But who is going to facilitate the Javaris pick? Also, Noah will not be there at 11.

Quote:

...Horford.

That's 1.75" taller without shoes, .5" greater wingspan and .5" less standing reach, and 1.5" and 2" higher standing and stepping jumps respectively.

20 to 12 bench press advantage...Horford.

Faster lane agility 11.79 to 12.15...Noah.

Faster 3/4 sprint 3.37 to 3.47...Horford.

Noah and Horford are equally as fast/agile.

Noah and Horford are equally as long.

Noah is taller.

Noah is a better leaper.

Horford is bigger.

Horford is stronger.

Noah at 11 is a better value than Horford at 3, particularly if you are looking to fill the center position in the NBA.

W

Noah is a STEAL at #11. Which is why we would have to take him at 3 if we wanted him.

Contrary to the common thought that he will not pan out in the NBA, his athleticism and passion for the game suggest otherwise.

People hate Noah for all the wrong reasons.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Noah has short arms (same standing reach as Smith). He is a lightweight, less athletic than Solomon and has no offensive game.

Ptuey

Totally agree. I have no interest in Noah. He has less of an offensive game than Tyson Chandler when he came into the NBA out of high school.

• Premium Member

I think you are wrong on Noah, he is a legit, athletic 7-0 player. He can run the court, rebound, blocks shots and score in the post. Now what is it the Hawks need up front???? All of this garbage about Yi and what he can or cannot do is silly.

Noah just needs to add a few pounds. Think about the centers in the league RIGHT now and then think about what Noah brings. I think we should pick Noah or Horford.

Let the Yi circus go somewhere else!

Quote:

Quote:

Noah has short arms (same standing reach as Smith). He is a lightweight, less athletic than Solomon and has no offensive game.

Ptuey

Totally agree. I have no interest in Noah. He has less of an offensive game than Tyson Chandler when he came into the NBA out of high school.

if someone said i could have Tyson Chandler with a nasty attitude and a love for basketball at the #11 pick, i'd be on it in a flash.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think you are wrong on Noah, he is a legit, athletic 7-0 player. He can run the court, rebound, blocks shots and score in the post. Now what is it the Hawks need up front???? All of this garbage about Yi and what he can or cannot do is silly.

Noah just needs to add a few pounds. Think about the centers in the league RIGHT now and then think about what Noah brings. I think we should pick Noah or Horford.

Let the Yi circus go somewhere else!

Noah has no post game. Did you watch Florida play? He has no offense. The only way he scores is on fast breaks or put backs. He is lighter than Yi and about 40 pounds at least lighter than Gasol. I think he will get manhandled in the NBA.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ptuey

if someone said i could have Tyson Chandler with a nasty attitude and a love for basketball at the #11 pick, i'd be on it in a flash.

Tyson came into the league out of HS and weighed the same as Noah does now even though Noah is several years older. And Noah has a standing reach shorter than our starting SF.

Chandler also has much wider shoulders and it was easier for him to put on muscle than it will be for Noah.

I'd be VERY disappointed if we took Noah. Actually I'll be unhappy if take ANY forward again (well, I'd probably may an exception for Durant).

When I read the post-workout interviews with Noah and Hawes in Chicago, I got the impression that Hawes outplayed him (because Hawes was happy with the workout and Noah wasn't) but it's really hard to tell, it just be their personalities. Anyone seen any real info from those workouts in Chicago or Minn?