Hawks Offseason.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Draft Yi and Law.

Sign Brevin Knight. (2 years 3.5 million)

I know, I know another BU PG. I think we should keep hold of Lue, AJ, Lo, and Salim to be ready to use them as trade bait. Those ending contracts = about 11 million dollars.

I would hold on to Marvin and make him a part of the talent rotation.

However, Yi is My PF. Smoove is my Sf. And Shelden is my Center in the starting lineup most nights.

I actually like the idea of a Brevin/Law combo at point, but wouldn't we have to do something with AJ/Lue/Claxton? We don't need 5 PG's on the roster. By the way, is Ivey a FA or are we just assuming he'll be let go? I have heard no mention of him in any posts, not that he is a big piece of the puzzle but isn't he still on the roster too?

if we signed brevin, and kept any combo of speedy, lue, and aj, i would prefer to draft critt over law. i think critt could become something much bigger and better in a couple years time, and with at least 3 of the vet pgs mentioned above would give us the time to develop critt. law is probably more ready to step in immediately, which would mean we wouldn't need but maybe two of the vet pgs. i'd be happy with either guy, it would just be dependent on who we keep, who we let go, and how much we need from our draft picks now, and what we need from them in the future.

• Premium Member

I agree, I think AJ and Lue should be used in a trade. I think Speedy is part of our framework though. I hope he comes back healthy, but if not, I hope he retires. If he comes back Healthy, I would really like a rotation of Law, Speedy, and Knight. Knight is a qualified teacher at this point. Of the BUs, he's the one that can teach my boy Law how to do some of the things that pure PGs do.

• Premium Member

Where did I say Smoove would not be PF? Yi can play either forward position. See, JDU, you have to look at Skillset. Yi is like a Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Dirk N. breed of forward. He can play anywhere. The difference is that he's faster than all of those guys by my estimation. And he has more skill off the dribble than Sheed, by my estimation. He might not shoot as well from 3 as Sheed and Dirk, but given time, he can be a Pf/C (in my estimation).

Now, Smoove can continue to play PF if you want to call it that. However, Basketball position is not about where you play offense anymore, it's who you can guard on defense. Go back and get your book out on the detroit Pistons. See how they used a frontline of Prince, Wallace and Wallace... or go back and get BK's team the Indy Pacers. See how they used Davis, Davis, and McKey. We will be a very similar team to those Pacers.

I like Brevin. He would be a great addition. He has also been great with Felton. I see Lue and AJ moving out which creates the room for Brevin. Do the Lue, Marv and Lo for Camby and a first rounder trade. Draft Yi / Horford and then Law. Then you have a good mix of talent. Nice idea.

• Premium Member

Well, either way, there's really no distinction offensively. Defensively, I would rather have them play Zone so pointing out a position doesn't matter because both would be coming from the wings or one will be rovering (probably Smoove).