• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flavor of the Week Version III

AHF

• Moderators

READ THIS POST ONLY AFTER VOTING!

For background, here are the results from weeks 1 & 2.

Week 1

Corey Brewer

1 01%

Mike Conley

42 60%

Jeff Green

0 0%

Spencer Hawes

0 0%

Al Horford

1 01%

Yi Jianlian

16 22%

Acie Law

0 0%

Joakim Noah

1 01%

Brandon Wright

8 11%

Julian Wright

1 01%

Week 2

Corey Brewer

1 01%

Mike Conley

16 28%

Jeff Green

0 0%

Spencer Hawes

2 03%

Al Horford

23 40%

Yi Jianlian

8 14%

Acie Law

0 0%

Joakim Noah

2 03%

Brandon Wright

4 07%

Julian Wright

1 01%

• Moderators

I am waffling at the moment between Yi and Horford. If I thought one could play the center position soon that person would have my vote. If you assume both will play PF in the NBA, I guess I am leaning to Yi at this point. I do love the post presence that Horford offers, though. He is also a good defender and decent passer.

I still love Conley but have been persuaded that the difference between him and Law isn't enough to justify using the #3 pick on a PG - at least for right now. If he projects as a star PG, I would definitely take another SF type at #11 if need be to avoid missing out on another backcourt stud. I don't have faith that Law will be a star or that Critt will be ready two start any time soon. I do think both are attractive prospects, though.

I would trade #3 with any one on the roster (other then JJ/Smoove) for Gasol.

Since that was not an option I was the 1st and so fay only vote for Hoford.

I like Yi but fear his devlopment years could cost us both Smoove and JJ. I feel Gasol would give us a legitimate chance at winning the East right now.

If we has a tean of veterans I would be all for Yi but we are already developing Smoove & MArvin. How many "project" do we want at one time ?

• Moderators

I also like the idea of getting Gasol at the right price.

This team is ready to start winning now. If we could make a decent trade for Gasol I would be all for that.

For purposes of this poll, though, there are too many unknowns to include hypothetical trade scenarios. The poll assumes that the Hawks explore trade options but can't pull anything off.

I still firmly believe that this team goes nowhere without the a pass first point guard. We will never know how good Smoove, Marvin, Childress and Sheldon will be without one.

I also firmly believe that a good point guard makes those around him better and that the sume is greater then the parts when it comes to a basketball team.

If BK hadn't made some bad picks in the past that have bloated the forward depth chart, then I would be all over Horford or Yi, but since that is not the case, I remain firmly in the Conley camp.

Funny how the board now reflects exactly how i feel, on the fence between Yi and Conley.

if the Hawks can trade down to 6 and add CV without giving up anyone (other than AJ or Lue) and take Conley that would be my best case scenario.

Quote:

Funny how the board now reflects exactly how i feel, on the fence between Yi and Conley.

if the Hawks can trade down to 6 and add CV without giving up anyone (other than AJ or Lue) and take Conley that would be my best case scenario.

let's say the Hawks can trade down to #6 to pick up Conley and then move Vill and the # 11 to move back up again for a player like Hawes (who I'm not high on) or Vill straight up for a veteran Center like Diop. that was just the a name off the top of my head. insert whomever there.

Quote:

Quote:

let's say the Hawks can trade down to #6 to pick up Conley and then move Vill and the # 11 to move back up again for a player like Hawes (who I'm not high on) or Vill straight up for a veteran Center like Diop. that was just the a name off the top of my head. insert whomever there.

Great idea (Diop). We could use Vill+filler to help Kobe get his championship run. Just give us Bynum.

Quote:

I'm okay with Conley at 6, but I'm really not feeling CV, what does he bring that we don't already have, It would give Conley more talent to work with, but I'm just not feeln' CV here, I rather have Bogut here.