bernie interview on 790

atlien110

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Actually if this news got out and I'm Deng and esp. his agent then I would some very not nice things to say in private and in public about Bernie. You can't say things like he did on a public forum. It could potentially hurt Deng's value as a FA or a player resource for the Bulls. It would make me much more unlikely to try out for the Hawks or want my guys to sign there if the owners are going to lie on air about bogus injuries to try and deflect blame from their own mistakes.

Quote:

i mean cmon. i was never a chills fan until he came to atlanta and i realized he was better than i thought. he bring a lot of intanbibles to the hawks that dont' necessarily show up in the box score. i think his greatest asset is that he can contribut without having any plays called for him.

i can understand bk taking chills over iggy. with iggy you had a big risk, big reward scenario. with chills you had an all american and pac 10 player of the year. also based on chills versatility and the fact that you were projecting to pick a player very much like iggy in jsmith @ 15 justifies the pick. i only had a problem with taking him over deng, but once again if he had reports of an injury on the same spot 3times i can see why he passed on him.

'Josh Childress is who I thought he'd be!'

Guys who's entire game consists of doing a lot of things that doesn't show up in the box score and not being able to get a shot off from the perimeter without being wide ass open ISN'T what I want from the 6th pick of the draft. That's what 2nd/3rd tier free agents and guys drafted 10+ spots lower are for. As for his being Pac-10 POTY, well, so? Didn't Adam Keefe win that award, too? How far did that get him here?

Fact is that Iguodala would've been the perfect Robin to JJ's Batman in the backcourt (something that Childress couldn't do when given the chance two years ago, which explains why he comes off the bench now). Oh well.... Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Heard the interview this morning. He did say Deng would not even come to work out for the Hawks but the injury thing was a tirade about the team having more information then the fans. It had nothing to do with Luol Deng. He was saying how some stats of players are overrated(in terms of heigh and weight) and how they find out the truth about them in workouts and research. He talked about how a player could have 3 surgeries in the same place and how could this not be revealed until teams doing their research. I guess he was saying thing like this are hidden(probably by agents). He did not mention the foot specifically he just said surgery in the same place 3 times and he was not referring to Deng at all.

What's stupid is saying the Hawks blew the pick. The Hawks didn't blow the pick. They aren't the ones that took Rafael Araujo with the 8th pick in the draft. That's blowing a pick. The Hawks got a very solid player that has consistently put up numbers that are on par with what Deng and Iguodala have put up.

Of course, this also shows the hypocritical nature of our fans. 90% of the fans on this very message board during the 2004 draft were emphatically against drafting Luol Deng with that pick. He was just another overrated Duke player according to them.

Quote:

What's stupid is saying the Hawks blew the pick. The Hawks didn't blow the pick. They aren't the ones that took Rafael Araujo with the 8th pick in the draft. That's blowing a pick. The Hawks got a very solid player that has consistently put up numbers that are on par with what Deng and Iguodala have put up.

Of course, this also shows the hypocritical nature of our fans. 90% of the fans on this very message board during the 2004 draft were emphatically against drafting Luol Deng with that pick. He was just another overrated Duke player according to them.

good point...it's not like chill is a bust folks. was there better players below him? sure. but this is far far away from a blown pick.

Quote:

Quote:

News to me. Pretty wierd.

Don't see how that wouldn't be in the medical reports.

Deng is from a 3rd world country. Hard to get medical reports there.

Um, his family moved to London, England when he was a still young (13ish) so either these injuries occured when he was very young or you think England is a third world country.

Really?

The same Andre Iguodala that isn't a point guard? The same Andre Iguodala that cannot shoot from the perimter? The same Andre Iguodala that has posted a lower PER rating in his career to this point than Josh Childress? The same Andre Iguodala that has a lower scoring rate during his career than Josh Childress?

The amazing thing is, the Atlanta Hawks got the 2nd best player from that entire draft with the 18th pick, yet you don't hear anyone making a peep about giving Billy Knight credit for making that pick or criticizing all these other great GMs for passing on Josh Smith, do you?

Quote:

Heard the interview this morning. He did say Deng would not even come to work out for the Hawks but the injury thing was a tirade about the team having more information then the fans. It had nothing to do with Luol Deng. He was saying how some stats of players are overrated(in terms of heigh and weight) and how they find out the truth about them in workouts and research. He talked about how a player could have 3 surgeries in the same place and how could this not be revealed until teams doing their research. I guess he was saying thing like this are hidden(probably by agents). He did not mention the foot specifically he just said surgery in the same place 3 times and he was not referring to Deng at all.

thanks for the clarification. like i mentioned i was only catching bits and pieces and so i wanted to know what was said exactly.

Quote:

The amazing thing is, the Atlanta Hawks got the 2nd best player from that entire draft with the 18th pick, yet you don't hear anyone making a peep about giving Billy Knight credit for making that pick or criticizing all these other great GMs for passing on Josh Smith, do you?

He get's full credit for drafting Josh Smith.But then he

F'ed that up by drafting another guy who plays then same postion , when We already had Josh Smith , Harrington, Diaw

Childress , and Donta Smith.