• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simmons: Hawks, Please Take Horford and Law

jaywalker72

I put a lot of stock in what Celtics fans have to say.

However i put a lot more in what hawks fans have to say and if you visit their site and check out the poll on their website (of nearly 15,000 votes) the preference is pretty clear.

• Premium Member

The closer we get to the draft the more I am higher on Horford at #3 than anyone we can get there (assuming no trade). He is hands down the consensus #3 player in the draft by GMs and scouts and he brings the low post game on both sides of the court we simply do not have. I do not care if he takes Shellhead's minutes; one bad draft decision should not dictate every other draft after it.

• Moderators

Quote:

If th[e Hawks take Conley over Horford], we need to schedule a three-on-three game every All-Star Weekend -- Conley, Marvin Williams and Shelden Williams against Chris Paul, Brandon Roy and Horford -- with drunken, bitter Hawks fans announcing the contest with Billy Knight. That could even surpass the Bavetta-Barkley footrace.

That just hurts to read. And he didn't even throw in the Chill/Iggy-Deng pick.

Celtics want Yi, as well as their fans. Any wonder why they would want Atlanta to take Horford over Yi? We already have a Horford, he goes by the name of Shelden. We don't need another one, we need Yi. He has game, he creates matchup problems for others, and think of a full philips arena with all the money from marketing Yi and the Hawks to the Chinese.

Quote:

The closer we get to the draft the more I am higher on Horford at #3 than anyone we can get there (assuming no trade). He is hands down the consensus #3 player in the draft by GMs and scouts and he brings the low post game on both sides of the court we simply do not have. I do not care if he takes Shellhead's minutes; one bad draft decision should not dictate every other draft after it.

Amen brother.

Quote:

Quote:

Any wonder why they would want Atlanta to take Horford over Yi?

Yeah it is well known that Ainge wants Yi. And it is also known that Simmons is a rabid Celtics homer.

It is also well known that Simmons thinks Ainge is incompetent, and even has the Celtics drafting Brewer with the fifth pick (Simmons favorite)

So I'm not sure how advocating for the hawks drafting Horford serves any nefarious purpose.

At this point nearly every mock and ranking had Horford as the third best talent in the draft. Doesn't BK say he always drafts BPA?

Quote:

Most of those are average fans, who have been on caught up in the Conley hype, like you.

As opposed to fans like yourself who were promoting a 200 pound powerless forward as the right pick.

I am on the fence between Conley and yi so i guess i am caught up in the Yi hype as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

8:03 -- Not only do Stu and Shelden look like long-lost brothers, but their interview just brought back memories of Sinatra's reaction to Luther Campbell in the "Sinatra Group" sketch on SNL. I think Shelden just revealed that he's J.J. Redick's designated driver tonight. Or maybe he said that he was excited to play in Atlanta. I couldn't tell.

8:04 -- You know what scares me about the NBA draft every year? I always find myself agreeing with Dickie V -- for instance, he thinks the Landlord could have an immediate impact as well -- even though he's always screaming with a red background behind him. You figure it out. Which reminds me, my old intern Jamie e-mailed me just to ask, "Where the hell is
d*ck
Vitale being interviewed from, the core of the earth?"

Quote:

i live for the day the Hawks storm the playoffs to shut all this trendy criticism up. Hey Simmons, what the hell have the Celtics done in the last couple decades?

Simmons has taken the opportunity in nearly every article he has written to rip Celtics Management, Coaches, and Players. I think e would be the last one that needs reminding the Celtics are awful.

Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't BK say he always drafts (who he perceives to be) the BPA?

Corrected

Judging by the Shelden pick last year i would say no.

I believe he does always say he drafted the BPA, and he should. There's nothing to gain by telling your newly-drafted player, "well, you weren't the *best* player available. There are several players drafted after you who are better."