• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flavor of the Week - Final Edition

AHF

• Premium Member

If we have promised Law #11. I don't see Conley being drafted until LAC... Maybe... LAC might go with Critt..

You can't not be a shooter.

Come to workouts out of shape.

Be undersized.

and expect to be a top 3 pick.

It just don't happen.

Going under the assumption that we will get a PG with our #11 pick, I then went down this thought-process:

1) Can we get a Center that I really like at #3? Answer: no

2) Which Center prospect do I like the best? Answer: Noah, who's not even a real Center prospect anyway. Hate Hawes.

3) Who's the BPA at #3? Answer: Jeff Green

4) Would I rather have Jeff Green, who is a completely replicative player to what the Hawks already have, or Noah, who is less talented but plays a position the Hawks need? This is a tough decision, but I went with Green because I'm not totally sold on Noah, but I am totally sold on Green.

Nonetheless, I will be 100% pissed if we take Green (or anybody else) with the #3 pick unless we have dealt for a Center. We must trade a forward and/or the #3 for a Center or this draft is a disaster.

• Moderators

The numbers are fascinating this week. I would not have guessed this kind of parity. It looks like 2/3 of the people here are not going to be satisfied with our first pick - assuming it is kept.

Keep the votes coming and let's see where this plays out.

• Premium Member

I go with Yi.

If Yi Jianlian was an american kid called Jason Smith, there is no way I take him over Harford. (i'd consider it if we didn't have such an abundance of SFs on the team) However, considering the absolute insane exposure that the Hawks would get with Jianlian, IMO drafting him would be the shot in the arm that the franchise needs BADLY. The only way drafting Yi would backfire is if he is just absolutely terrible. From what I've seen, I don't think this would be the case.