• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sun's dilimma and Hawks' position

emorywjs

A three way trade is talked on ESPN. Sun sends Amare to Atlanta, Garnett to Sun and Hawks' 3 to Min.

I think there is strong possibility this may happen. This is why:

LA and Mav are pushing hard for Garnett. Imagine if LA get Garnett, Sun's hope for a champion can be put to a halt for a while. So is the case with Mav. So Sun must get Garnett, even though they hate to lose Amare.

So at one point, Sun must make a decision on taking chance for next year, or taking chance for the long term. With Nash aging, it is more realistic to go the first option.

So I believe Sun will trade Amare for Garnett. With Hawks in the trade, Sun may get exact player in Childess or exact pick rather than straight up trade (Amare for Garnett).

• Premium Member

Sothron, you have to get info from your guys on this. LOL

Here's the rub. Minnesota has to take back at least $17M in salaries for this to work, so someone else has to be coming from either Atlanta or Phoenix for this to work.

Since Phoenix already has luxury tax issues, I'm pretty sure that it would be either Barbosa or Diaw on the way out. (Unless the Marion to Milwaukee rumors are true, which I doubt).

• Premium Member

Could be a "real rumor" but I doubt we would take Amare. IF we did, we're stupid. If JJ left Phoenix who was a 62 win team for us who was a 23 win team.. to play without Amare, why would we trade for him?

Quote:

A three way trade is talked on ESPN. Sun sends Amare to Atlanta, Garnett to Sun and Hawks' 3 to Min.

LA and Mav are pushing hard for Garnett. Imagine if LA get Garnett, Sun's hope for a champion can be put to a halt for a while. So is the case with Mav. So Sun must get Garnett, even though they hate to lose Amare.

So at one point, Sun must make a decision on taking chance for next year, or taking chance for the long term. With Nash aging, it is more realistic to go the first option.

So I believe Sun will trade Amare for Garnett. With Hawks in the trade, Sun may get exact player in Childess or exact pick rather than straight up trade (Amare for Garnett).

2 things, the first being was ATL mentioned on ESPN or did they just talk about a KG deal. Secondly, wouldn't Minny rather have Amare if dealing KG rather then picks?

Quote:

This doesn't make any sense. Garnett makes more money than Amare!!!

That would be awesome. Stoudamire is one of the few players I would be willing to trade the no 3 pick for. We would put ourselves in great position to be a perennial playoff team and championship contender. Just keep the 11 pick and get us the young pg that we really need.

I actually like this. Amare's contract has him making 17 mill at the max. If we can trade #3 + 2 fillers (NO MARVIN PREFERABLY) I am ALL FOR IT.

Besides Dwight Howard, I consider Amare the #2 upcoming BEAST in this league. Plus I think he is originally from South Carolina or North Carolina (didn't he go to that Mt. Zion HS T-Mac went to?).

Acie JJ Marvin Smoove Amare

That team could score 105 + in a game in itself. Defense might be an issue lol

Quote:

I actually like this. Amare's contract has him making 17 mill at the max. If we can trade #3 + 2 fillers (NO MARVIN PREFERABLY) I am ALL FOR IT.

Besides Dwight Howard, I consider Amare the #2 upcoming BEAST in this league.

LOL , Amare is much better than D-Howard.Howard dosen't have any go to post moves yet.Did you see him in the playoffs?

Amare is already at beast status.

D-12 is the upcoming beast wink.gif

If it takes Marvin to get Amare... Do it!!!

Its alot easier to find another Marvin than to find another Amare.