• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 BAD things about AMARE

NJHAWK

#1. He has had some injury problems. #2. Once he gets the ball he very rarely gives it up. He only avr 1 assist per game which isnt all that great. The rest of his game however is ALL GOOD.

Quote:

#1. He has had some injury problems. #2. Once he gets the ball he very rarely gives it up. He only avr 1 assist per game which isnt all that great. The rest of his game however is ALL GOOD.

3. Not a good defensive player.

4. Not good at getting other people involved.

• Premium Member

I think Amare fits the criteria of a 20/10 post player to play in the post for us.

I would like to see what we are giving up.

I hope we don't lose 11 pick without getting some way to get a PG... other than Hudson.

My concerns about Amare are these:

1. His knee.

2. His attitude.

3. His effect on Smoove.

When I say his effect on Smoove, I mean that he's coming to be our PF. Where will Smoove play? Will we keep Smoove?

Other than that, BK may be a GENE-U-S.

If Plan B = KG...

Could Plan C = Elton Brand?

Quote:

Quote:

3. Not a good defensive player.

4. Not good at getting other people involved.

(Amare + those 4 issues solved) > LeBron. Do you think you can get a player like that in a trade?ices_rofl.gif

This means Josh Smith is traded for that elusive

great starting P.G.!!

No kidding - There are lots of point guards, but a few

who are GREAT.

I'd hate to loose a starting P.F but, if the deal is

sweet enough, you really would have to think about it.

juggle.gif

As JAA said on Around the Horn, the guy was first team all-NBA this year. Meaning he was voted in the top 5 players in the league, and he's only 24. And people here are nitpicking over details. If you can get him, get him.

Of course we're the hawks so something will go wrong and we won't get him.

• Premium Member

No.

If anything, we need to plan our moves like never before.

Balance, guys, balance.

Look at the upside... look at the downside.

Know what you want to do beyond this deal, so you don't get mired in another KEN NORMAN situation where you end up trapping yourself on the other side.

Amare is good. But with one tumble to the floor on that knee, we could find ourselves in a real bind for years... it may be an acceptable risk, but it's an acceptable risk only under the right price and the right planning.

Think balance... balance... balance...

smack.gif

• Premium Member

Aside from the fact that Amare has a bonafide Post game, What's the major difference between him and Smoove?

I think it's that Smoove is a better shot blocker.

I would hate to trade Smoove right now. Maybe a Marvin must go for Luke Ridnour and a first (since BK is high on Ridnour) but not Smoove. I would hate to see Smoove blow up into his potential somewhere else.

No more giveaways at the gate.

No more rebuttals to make after a columnist blasts ATL for empty seats (they'll be none).

Having to save up more $$$ after my wife and I settle with the newborn in order to get Hawk tickets.

Having to hear from Suns fans about how Amare will eventually tear his knee ligaments apart.

Having to watch another Sun fan get banned from HS after the Hawks beat them in Phoenix again.

Of course, these would be good problems to have, injuries notwithstanding.... boing.gif