• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My two favorites for the Indy pick...

DJ_Money

Right now, that pick sits at #21. I'm hoping Indy will drop and give us between #17-#19, but let's get on with it.

I'm endorsing two guys to be our answer at SG. I hope DJ gets better, it's just hard to put 100% faith in him to become a star player for us.

Of course, I was the guy endorsing Tayshaun Prince before last year's draft, so what do I know?

1. Reece Gaines, Louisville.

A solid combo guard to put in the backcourt with JT. Gives us everything we want in a SG: size, ball handling, defense, scoring ability, good FG%. Coached by Pitino, who turned out great pros at Kentucky.

...now for something totally different.

2. Aleksandar Pavlovic, Yugoslavia.

I don't know much about the guy, but from everything I've read, he sounds like a combo of Peja and Ginobilli, an absolute dream. I'm trying to dig up more info as I type this. Here's what I can give you for now, from TSN.

Basics: 6'7", 210, 19, SG. A Serbian who plays for Buducnost in Yugoslavia.

Of note: He's a great shooter, with form as smooth as Peja Stojakovic's. But he "plays like an American," one scout says. That means he can slash to the basket, score in the lane, and, of course, dunk.

Draft speak: Will go in the late teens and early 20s.

I really like the sound of that. When I can find more info, I'll post it.

I think either player would work well here. Gaines is my preference, but only because I don't know enough about Pavlovic yet. I have a feeling Gaines will lead Louisville deep in the NCAA Tourney, I just hope he doesn't go off like Caron Butler and play himself into the lottery, out of our reach.

Thoughts? Anyone else you guys really like? I love using the NCAA Tourney to scout guys, so I'll probably pop in with some thoughts throughout the weekend.

In reply to:

Aleksander Pavlovic 6-7 207 SG/SF Buducnost (Serbia) 1983 -- Athletic swingman, with great size, long arms and great explosiveness. His size and athleticism make him a very interesting prospect. This is a guy who has everything to be a star in Europe and a “player” in the NBA. He has great ball-handling ability for his size and he's a force offensively. He's unstoppable when he's on, because of his great arsenal of moves. He can penetrate with both hands, using his speed and crossover. And if you leave him space he can shoot in your face, off the dribble, with the pull-up jumper. He's fearless about going inside, and has a great knack of finishing in traffic with acrobatic moves. He plays very aggressively and he wont hesitate to dunk on people. His offensive game is complemented with nice passing skills, and court vision. He's basically a complete package on offense. The sky's the limit.

He's not a 3pt bomber, and tends to play too much one-on-one making it easy to defend him as you know he wants to score. Isn't the best defender, put has the ability to become an awesome one. If he declares I'd love it if the Hawks grab him.