• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rate the Hawks draft!

chillzatl

I hope you are not playing the race card. I think you are forgetting how many people here wanted Yi. The ratings probably reflect just how close in talent #3- #11 are and the fact that one could have argued for either player. The fact of the matter is that Hawk management evaluated the talent and made an educated decision based on first hand knowledge. What is yours based on? Media bias?

RU F'ing serious? No game? did u not watch him against Oden? Have u not seen him play at all? I guess you have seen Yi play so much that you can make that call huh!? When i read that post I thought what idiot could have said this?? then i saw Troymclure. enough said.

We got two solid players, and I'm sure we'll be better. I can't argue with either player being selected at the respective spots. I just think we needed to gamble a bit, and I don't think we did that.

I would prefer to take a risk on Jianlin, especially if it meant picking up assets in a trade down. If we could've traded down to get Jianlin and in the process acquire a pick to select Crittenton, I would've been in love with our picks. I like Law, and I think he will be better than Crit for 2 years. He's an asset. Crittenton, however, has a chance to be a star. Law will probably just be solid.

I can't argue with taking Law over Crit, but in time Crit will be the All-Star.

I'm not displeased with the picks, though. If Horford becomes more assertive, I may end up loving that pick. Right now, I think it's just acceptable.

As a side note, if we had picked Roy last year, the Horford choice would make more sense. I don't understand why I was blasted for wanting Roy of Shelden last year (because of duplication), if the same people wanted Horford this year (since he duplicates Shelden). I guess we're banking on him to play center, which is a fair plan on a running team. Horford is roughly the size of Stoudamire, albeit with less explosiveness. We just need to commit to that style of play once and for all, and I've seen no evidence from Woody that we're going to do that.

Quote:

The selection of Al Horford is a complete joke. The fact that so many people agree with it is telling. This guy will never come close to being an All Star. Barring a trade, this is the worst thing that could have happened. We used the third pick on someone who will be competing for backup minutes with Solo and Shelden!
pillepalle.gif
Oh, and he created exactly 0 new season ticket holders. We used the eleventh pick on our 4th pg, who will surely "sit, watch, and learn" from the veteran pg's we have.

We needed trades. My gut feeling is that we do pull off a very underwhelming trade involving Lue.

To all the people who think Horford is the right pick: Talk to me in March. This guy would have to be the greatest help defender of all time to warrant the 3rd overall. We need a presence. One who's a grown man.

Funny how no one wanted another forward when it was a Chinese guy...with infinitely more potential and current game even, but a black forward with no discernable "game" gets 60 plus positive votes? Telling of the Squawk.

Lmao @ this post.

Too many ridiculous angles to even address from complete ignorance in stating Horford has no upside to more ignorance in playing the race cared.

Who cares how many tickets Al Horford sells initially?

I care a lot more about winning which is something that will sell tickets like hotcakes when everyone, including yourself, jumps on the bandwagon and supports The GodFather