• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unannounced Blazer trade for small forward

Scott

• Premium Member

Unannounced Blazer Trade for a Small Forward

June 29, 2007 12:50 PM

Kevin Pritchard told the Portland media last night that the team has essentially completed another trade that can not be announced owing to league restrictions.

"I'm probably getting fined already," he says, in press conference audio on Oregonlive.

For Portland, Pritchard says the move will bring a small forward.

Pritchard's "cap expert," assistant GM Tom Penn, adds that "we have to formally complete the New York trade before we can finish another trade that we hope will happen." Penn estimates that will take a week to ten days for all this to be announced.

Later in the same press conference, someone asks about the teams's decision to draft Rudy Fernandez, and Pritchard says "that's part of the thing I'm not supposed to talk about, so I apologize for maybe letting it out a little bit."

I'm no expert on the collective bargaining agreement, but I'm guessing that this means something has to happen with Channing Frye (moving on?) or Steve Francis (being bought out?) before Rudy Fernandez can be shipped (with Frye, Pryzbilla, Jack, Koponen ... who knows?) somewhere for a small forward.

The only way we can take on Pryz's contract is by including Speedy's. I'd do this deal probably....

Chill/Claxton for Jack/Pryz

and then Marvin for Yi smile.gif

as well as AJ/Salim for Damien Wilkins -- With Kevin Durant, Wally Z and Jeff Green I think Seattle will be OK moving Wilkins.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jack / Law / Lue

Johnson / (Law)

Smith / Wilkins

Yi / Shelden / Jones

Horford / Pryz / Zaza / Wright

Another move would obviously be needed. I'd love to move Zaza and one of our other expiring (Wright?) for an expiring player and a 08' 1st rounder. smile.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we could do that trade we would be set. Speedy and Childress or Sheldon would work. Pryzbilla and Jack would solidify us as a playoff team. Do it BK!!!!

Just like those two players were instrumental in Portland's playoff run! Oh Wait!! shocked.gif

Wouldn't work. It would have to be Childress/Speedy for Dalembert which I would 'consider' doing although after getting Thaddeus Young, Philly would probably prefer Shelden Williams. Something about Dalembert, though, I just don't see him as a 'winner'.