• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson interview

WraithSentinel

Quote:

Quote:

He called him one because that is what he is...Its only the Homer Hawks fans who called Shelden and now Horford centers.

The positions don't really matter. It's not PlayStation.

Actually the positions do matter. It's not PlayStation.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He called him one because that is what he is...Its only the Homer Hawks fans who called Shelden and now Horford centers.

The positions don't really matter. It's not PlayStation.

Ok so if thats the case lets puts Zaza at PG and Lue at Center if the positions dont really matter.

You are proving my point. If Zaza and Lue run out to the court, Lue would handle the rock before Zaza every gets the ball. Zaza because of his skills, he will go to the board for rebounding. Zaza will do that if Horford, Josh or Shelden are on the court or not.

Bill Russells forte was rebounding and shot-blocking(defense), so was Dennis Rodman as well as Alonzo Morning as is Ben Wallace. Guess what, They were/are all 6 Feet 9 inches tall. Were/are they Centers or forwards? It don't matter they served their purposes.

• Premium Member

Why was ODen picked before Durant when Durant is 20 times the offensive player than Oden...

IF the positions don't matter, why would every Hawks fan give their left nut for Oden.

If the positions don't matter why not just play JJ, JC, Marv, JSmoove, and Horford at the same time.

The truth is that this is NOT PLAYSTATION and the position does matter!!

Quote:

Why was ODen picked before Durant when Durant is 20 times the offensive player than Oden...

IF the positions don't matter, why would every Hawks fan give their left nut for Oden.

If the positions don't matter why not just play JJ, JC, Marv, JSmoove, and Horford at the same time.

The truth is that this is NOT PLAYSTATION and the position does matter!!

There definitely times when "just play JJ, JC, Marv, JSmoove, and Horford at the same time" will happen. As there were times when JJ, JC, Marv, JSmoove, and Zaza were on the court AT THE SAME TIME.

I'm surprised at you Diesel, you no better than that.

nol2.gif

Especially in this time of "Zone Defense". Small Ball, Big Ball. Three forward lineups. 3 Guard line-ups.

Hello.

Positions don't matter...

Skill sets matter more then positions do

Magic Johnson was a very skilled passer and ball handler so that's what he did for his team on the floor...he was taller then both his "shoot guard" and "small forward" but they didn't have the passing skills he did!

It's about what you bring to the table...what your skill set is...I've stood next to Ben Wallace...I'm 6'4" and he's not THAT MUCH taller then me...but, he's got the skill set to center or post position on the floor.

Skill Sets Folks...that's what it's about!

Playstation or No Playstation!

• Premium Member

I agree, skillsets do matter more...

That's why the pick for Horford makes no sense.

Horford has the exact same skillset as Shelden. His measurements are different but how fast he runs will not help him in the post. Athleticism might help, but not as much as strength. We gained nothing new getting Horford.

With Yi, we would have had a player who can create for himself off the dribble. A 7 footer who finishes at the rim. A player who would keep defenses honest with his midrange shooting.

With Horford we got yet another player who scores because of garbage points.

Some of people are starting to sound like Billy Knight. He has some of you down right brainwashed but not me I will not fall for his stupid plan and tricks. In the eyes of many Billy Knight can do no wrong if he was such a good gm we wouldnt have 50 forwards on this roster and the longest current playoff drought of any team in the NBA. Saying positions dont matter LOL.

Quote:

I agree, skillsets do matter more...

That's why the pick for Horford makes no sense.

Horford has the exact same skillset as Shelden. His measurements are different but how fast he runs will not help him in the post. Athleticism might help, but not as much as strength. We gained nothing new getting Horford.

With Yi, we would have had a player who can create for himself off the dribble. A 7 footer who finishes at the rim. A player who would keep defenses honest with his midrange shooting.

With Horford we got yet another player who scores because of garbage points.

Horford is taller and better verts. But what separates Horford from Shelden is his handle. The guy has shooting skills at the rim, with both hands. He very well be a better shotblocker also. Put it his offense that makes a difference. I believe we will see them both on the court with Josh Smith at the wing or resting on the bench.

P.S. hold onto the Marvin for Yi hopes. thumb3d.gif