$5 wager...all proceeds to HS.

Guest Walter

.....not only will Al Horford average more points per game than Yi Jianlian, he will also shoot a higher percentage from the floor, average more rebounds per game, and average more combined blocks and steals per game than Yi Jianlian.

This goes for the NBA regular season as well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

The problem is, he's being ridiculous in his bet. Yi could shoot 20% from the floor, but average more points because he jacks up a lot of shots. That doesn't make him a great scorer, it makes him a jacker.

And if either can shoot 20% for the span of 5 games and STILL outscore the other. The other looks even worse.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

If you prove him to be wrong Walter will talk in circles chasing his own tail as a diversionary tactic.

Diesel will act like the post doesn't exist. he'll conveniently stop posting in that particular thread.

Rather than talk about IT your choice of dviersionary tactic is "train wreck over there" (stuff pride in crotch and scurry off).

I think you are more "Diesel" than the Diesel you create. It's beautiful.

GSUteke, when will you EVER again mention that you wanted SW over Roy? When? EVER? Did those 20 posts EVER exist? Hmm?

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Yi is going to be the man for his team in SL, whereas the Hawks have more talent spread out. We're going to want to get looks at Law and Shelden and co., too, not just Horford. Team China, OTOH, is showcasing Yi and will give him ample shot attempts.

I accept this bet and ampredicting that Yi will score more during the summer league for the following reasons:

(1) I expect Yi to be as good as Horford offensively their rookie years.

(2) SLs favor players like Yi a lot more than low post players like Horford.

(3) China is deparate to showcase Yi right now and will give him every chance to run up his scoring stats and I don't expect the Hawks to do the same for Horford.

In sum, I will be surprised if Yi doesn't end up with more PPG than Horford in the summer league. For that reason, I say "Yi." (The bet doesn't say you will only pay one way. Please clarify whether or not that is the case. Thanks.)

Guest Walter

Quote:

For that reason, I say "Yi." (The bet doesn't say you will only pay one way. Please clarify whether or not that is the case. Thanks.)

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

For that reason, I say "Yi." (The bet doesn't say you will only pay one way. Please clarify whether or not that is the case. Thanks.)

W

Gotcha. My guy is Yi for this bet.

I won't take this bet, because I refuse to acknowledge summer league as worthwhile.

However, I've got an open bet to both Diesel and Walter, that by the end of the season, Horford's "big three" (PPG + RPG + APG) will be higher than Yi's. $20, take it or leave it. (Proceeds to Hawksquawk, of course)

.....If, at the end of the regular season, Al Horford does not average more points per game, rebounds per game, and steals per game plus blocks per game combined while shooting a higher percentage from the field than Yi Jianlian, I'll put up $100 with the proceeds going to Hawksquawk.

• Moderators

Quote:

.....If, at the end of the regular season, Al Horford does not average more points per game, rebounds per game, and steals per game plus blocks per game combined while shooting a higher percentage from the field than Yi Jianlian, I'll put up $100 with the proceeds going to Hawksquawk.

Before Walter accepts this, is the offer which of the following:

(1) Each of the following conditions must be met for KB to win:

(a) Horford: PPG+RPG+SPG+BPG > YI: PPG+RPG+SPG+BPG

and

(b) Horford: FG% > Yi: FG%

or

(2) Each of the following conditions must be met for KB to win:

(a) Horford: PPG > Yi: PPG

(b) Horford: RPG > Yi: RPG

© Horford: SPG+BPG > Yi: SPG+BPG

and

(d) Horford: FG% > Yi: FG%

I think it is the first but it is a little unclear to me.

Quote:

Quote:

Yi is going to be the man for his team in SL, whereas the Hawks have more talent spread out. We're going to want to get looks at Law and Shelden and co., too, not just Horford. Team China, OTOH, is showcasing Yi and will give him ample shot attempts.

I accept this bet and ampredicting that Yi will score more during the summer league for the following reasons:

(1) I expect Yi to be as good as Horford offensively their rookie years.

(2) SLs favor players like Yi a lot more than low post players like Horford.

(3) China is deparate to showcase Yi right now and will give him every chance to run up his scoring stats and I don't expect the Hawks to do the same for Horford.

In sum, I will be surprised if Yi doesn't end up with more PPG than Horford in the summer league. For that reason, I say "Yi." (The bet doesn't say you will only pay one way. Please clarify whether or not that is the case. Thanks.)

Don't think I will accept a bet, but I think the odds are stacked in Yi's favor for all the reasons stated above. In fact I think anyone voting for Horford is foolish. Even in the pros scoring is the only thing Yi will be doing, it's all he can do.

Guest Walter

Quote:

It's actually the 2nd.

If Yi does not play this year for Milwaulkee and decides to pull out then all bets are off. Also if either player does not play more than 41 games (half a season) due to injuries, bet is off.

Even though Yi has skipped SEVERAL grades coming to the NBA (international to american, CBA past college to foreign) and does not speak english VERY well it will not take him long to adjust. He'll start slow, finish fast, and at least beat Horford in scoring this 1st year. Next year, he'll make the all-star team. The next he'll have 2/3 a higher Roland Rating, PER, TENDEX.

Finally, someone who will stand firmly behind their opinion all for the betterment of HS.

W

Quote:

He'll start slow, finish fast, and at least beat Horford in scoring this 1st year. Next year, he'll make the all-star team. The next he'll have 2/3 a higher Roland Rating, PER, TENDEX.

W

Oh man, someone PLEASE remember this post for the future!

Dude, for your own good, ease up on the expectations. There's no way you know enough about Yi's game to make such bold predictions.

• Moderators

Quote:

The next he'll have 2/3 a higher Roland Rating, PER, TENDEX.

Does this mean Yi's ratings in his third year will be 150% higher than those from his rookie season, his sophmore season or Horford's rating from his third year? I am not sure what this means.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Does this mean Yi's ratings in his third year will be 150% higher than those from his rookie season, his sophmore season or Horford's rating from his third year? I am not sure what this means.

...will have yi higher (per48 where applicable) than Horford.

Very confusing, I know. Hope that clears it up.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...will have yi higher (per48 where applicable) than Horford.

Very confusing, I know. Hope that clears it up.

W

Now crystal clear. Thanks.