• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RMR Game 1 Vs. Jazz Listen to Hawks soar live!

gsuteke

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Who would you rather pick then? Crit?

I said on the record before the draft, in the "speak now or forever hold your peace" thread, that I would take Stuckey (who scored 27 points in his first summer league game, by the way). Either that, or I would have gone best player available. Reaching for Law, in my opinion, basically means that we got a late first round talent with the 11 pick.

• Premium Member

I agree. You should do something productive. Usually SL is just a bunch of wing players trying to make a team by throwing up shots so big men don't get low post looks. Sounds like we are making a real effort to feed it to Horford.

Btw we need an official short nickname for him. I guess I can roll with Al?

I'm not rooting for Law to fail...now that we've got him I'm praying I'm wrong. To me, it's just one of those things that drives me crazy about being a Hawks fan...I'm sick of BK. The Chill pick pissed me off and made me sick, then he absolutely sucked in the SL and has basically been a disappointment compared to Deng or Iguodala (who I wanted). Then we had the Shelden pick, which basically pissed everyone off, and he sucked in SL and then he sucked as a rookie. When we picked Law, to me at least, it was like "here we go again." I tried to be upbeat, but I've been dreading the SL and now I guess I'm just venting a little bit. But what's so wrong with wanting Law to actually play well in SL? Is that so much to ask?

Quote:

Quote:

i don't buy the "it's just SL" argument.

people should perform.

He's distributing the ball. Give the guy a break!

If he was scoring a ton you guys would be complaining about him not dishing.

No....I'd be delighted. I just want to see some production, some signs of talent. This is a 4 year player, a guard, there's no reason he shouldn't play well at SL. By all means, please actually make some of these shots, Acie, I won't hold it against you.