• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The BK Vent!

djcorley

There aren't many that I would rather have.

Kevin Pritchard in Portland has certainly done a good job in the draft as well as on the free agent market. He hasn't given out a bad deal to any player yet, and he was able to sucker Isiah Thomas into taking on Zach Randolph's bloated contract and bloated backside.

R.C. Buford in San Antonio is one of the best in the league, if not the best.

Joe Dumars has done a very good job despite the Darko pick. He's made very good veteran acquisitions and has done a great job in the draft since blowing the Darko pick. Joe Dumars is a big reason that, if the Hawks were to fire BK at some point, I'm all for bringing in Joe's right hand man in Detroit John Hammond to run the show.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I think BK is an Owners dream and a fan's Nightmare...

Owner's dream

Notice that BK got us out of a mountain of bad contracts into some of the cheapest deals in the world. I mean, Theo, SAR, and DD for ending contracts. Big Dog for TB and a first. Nazr for an ending contract. Hendu, JT for ending contracts. Al for a pick.

Then he signed guys like JT, Al, and Jax for Cheap.

I think that's the part of BK that owners love. They love a GM that can save them money if they are not winning.

Fan's nightmare

It started with passing over Josh Howard in my mind. But from there, missing out on Paul, Deron.. which basically forced every move since. We had to go for a PF because really and truly, we didn't have none when it was time to draft Shelden. It made more sense to get Shelden and not be put over a barrell with Al than to get somebody else and watch Al walk on us.

Still there were short term wastes like Kevin Willis, Kenny Anderson, and Lo Wright.

Gray Area

Then there's those moves that you can't call bad moves that BK does that kind of redeems him for fans.

Zaza for 16 million. you can say what you want to about Zaza... He was a steal... And even though he's a guy we might trade soon, he's still a bargain!!

JJ... You have to praise BK for bringing in an Allstar, regardless of the cost.

UNKNOWN...

Still there are some things we just don't know and will have to wait to see how they turn out:

1. Horford.

I think that we just don't know how this Horford deal will turn out. He might turn out to be a great 6th man... but we don't know...

2. Speedy.

There's been a lot of negativity about Speedy, but he's still one of the best defensive PGs in the game. For a team that would like more defense, this should be a welcome site.

3. AJ.

I was in favor of trading the 2nd rounder for AJ. I still think AJ is a steady hand in the backcourt and would much rather trade Lue first. However, his ending contract status makes him an unknown. I think we could win big with the right trade.

4. Law.

I have no doubt about Law. He's my boy!! But I think until he proves it on an NBA court, we don't know.

___________________________________BOTTOM LINE__________________________

So here's the deal.

With BK, it's a mixed bag. I think he have done some things that needed doing. He has also messed up a lot. I think my biggest fault that I have on BK is Woody. Either give Woody the pieces that he needs or call Woody incompetent and fire him. But this is the year we have to see something, otherwise, BK should be the first GM to go out with his coach!

Quote:

I would also like the GM of the Bulls (don't know his name). He has done a great job since Krause stepped down. Of course if we had him Walter would dog him for years for
drafting Ben Gordon ahead of Wade and Bosh
. All in all I think he has done a good job.

Gordon was drafted in 2004 - Wade and Bosh were in the 2003 draft.

Chicago had the 7th pick in the 2003 draft and chose Kirk Hinrich (J Williams had just finished his run as SuperDave by crashing his bike and ending his career)

Paxson tried to trade up to 4 to draft Wade (a hometown product) but couldn't get a deal worked out.

Quote:

also NOT trading for Gasol last year. With Gasol the Bulls are a much more complete team than they were. The cost was fairly high, if the rumors were correct (Gordon and Deng?), but Gasol gives them that inside threat they really need (and still don't have). Outside what has been mentioned, Pax has done an excellent job w/ the Bulls. But he has money to spend, unlike BK (and Wadell).

This is what I don't understand. The asking price (as reported) was Deng, Gordon, and the NY pick that the Bulls owned.

Lets say the Bulls made that trade - who are they left with?

Hinrich, SG?, Nocioni, Gasol, Wallace.

That team isn't going anywhere - and they have no one to play SG. Paxson made the right move IMO. Gasol isn't worth that - especialy when Deng is putting up similar numbers and you are losing Gordons 22ppg.

Having Gasol in the post would be great - but not if you have to trade away all of your shooters (who would benefit from Gasols presence) to get him.

The Wallace signing is debatable - depends on if he comes to play this season. At least the contract is declining, and ends the same year Lebron, Wade, Bosh all become FA's.

The Chandler signing was probably a mistake - but Chandler had earned that contract 2004/2005 - then pissed it all away by not doing a damn thing to prepare for the 2005/2006 season. I don't blame Pax for dumping his ass - Chandler was the last link to the "Baby Bulls" and wasn't willing to put in the work the other players on the team were already doing.

Exactly!

I don't know why, but many on this board think Pau Gasol is a difference maker. He isn't. The Chicago Bulls have a defensive mindset as well, and Pau absolutely does not fit in with a team that is oriented towards defense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't know why, but many on this board think Pau Gasol is a difference maker. He isn't. The Chicago Bulls have a defensive mindset as well, and Pau absolutely does not fit in with a team that is oriented towards defense.

Because he is not a Hawk! If he were a Hawk, this Board would hate him!!! evil.gif