• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks lose in Summer Finale

ATL2123

76-71, without Acie Law (sprained left ankle)

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/RMR_2007_index.html

SALT LAKE CITY (July 20) – The Hawks dropped a 76-71 decision to the Philadelphia 76ers in summer league play on Friday, to close out the Rocky Mountain Revue at 2-4.

Earl Calloway, starting in Acie Law's absence (sprained left ankle) paced the Hawks with 19 points (9-13 FGs), while Shelden Williams had 12, and Ronnell Taylor followed with 11. Al Horford grabbed a game-high 14 rebounds, to go with 4 points, 4 assists and 2 blocks.

Despite shooting just 35.3% in the first half, the Hawks trailed by only one (35-34) at the midway point ... Atlanta took control in the third, outscoring Philly, 21-14, to take a six-point advantage (55-49) ...

But the Sixers came back and outscored the Hawks, 27-16, to close out the win.

Louis Williams led the Sixers with 28 points and 9 assists, and Herbert Hill (18) and Louis Amundson (14) also scored in double-digits.

lol @ everyone getting worked up over Horford's shooting performance. It's too bad, because he did everything else well (14 boards, 4 assists, 2 blocks).

I'm not worried about Al, he showed me more than enough his first two games. However, since we were all so hard on Yi (myself included), he's fair game to criticism.

• Premium Member

Did you forget this:

Quote:

Another game, another FG-less half for Yi

Well, Yi went FG-less for the half and scored 23 pts in one game and 14 in another.

Well, looks to me like Horford just went FG-less?

Don't get me wrong, because I still think SL games are crap.. But like you said, for those of you who set the standard with Yi, you have to abide by the standard with Horford.

Quote:

Did you forget this:

Quote:

Another game, another FG-less half for Yi

Well, Yi went FG-less for the half and scored 23 pts in one game and 14 in another.

Well, looks to me like Horford just went FG-less?

Don't get me wrong, because I still think SL games are crap.. But like you said, for those of you who set the standard with Yi, you have to abide by the standard with Horford.

As poorly as Horford shot, he didn't go FG-less. He did make a shot.

And I'm not a hypocrite, so if Horford has a bad shooting performance, he's more than open to criticism. It's fine by me.

Before he got hurt (which, not to use an excuse, could of played a factor in his last two performances), he was playing very well and was efficient from the floor. And, unlike Yi, Horford found other ways to contribute during a game in which he could not buy a basket. That to me says something.

I'm not too worried about Horford.

1) He was coming back from a ankle sprain and probably still wasnt 100% or in the rhythm of the game.

2) While he had a horrid shooting game, at least he didnt disappear. He did other things. 14 boards and 2 blocks is encouraging.

• Premium Member

Oh yeah.. That 1 of 12... What's that, like 8%?

We both agree that it's a bad shooting game. However, the hypocrisy is that Horford can have one without being crucified, but somehow Yi can't have a bad shooting half without being labeled the next Zhing Zhing..

• Moderators

Quote:

We both agree that it's a bad shooting game. However, the hypocrisy is that Horford can have one without being crucified, but somehow Yi can't have a bad shooting half without being labeled the next Zhing Zhing..

I agree that people jumped on Yi too hard but bear in mind as well that Yi didn't do any rebounding to help make up for his lack of scoring. Horford probably averaged 10 rpg.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree that people jumped on Yi too hard but bear in mind as well that Yi didn't do any rebounding to help make up for his lack of scoring. Horford probably averaged 10 rpg.

That was my point. I said that Horford was open to criticism, but at the same time, he did have an injury, hadn't played in a few days, and still found other ways to contribute, unlike Yi, who, if he wasn't scoring, did nothing else.

Does anyone know if they used different referees in the Rocky Mountain Revue? Horford has been doing a solid job keeping out of foul trouble compared to the players in the Vegas league.

I assume it is just differences in officiating style/experience, but it's a good sign at least that he only had 3 fouls in 30 minutes.