• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All Time Favorite NBA Commercial / AD

coachx

What is your all time favorite NBA Commercial ?

Here are the 1st that come to mind for me:

1/ L.J. in his Grandma Ma Nike commercials where he dreesed up as his Grandma and dumked on people's head

2. Mars Blackmon (young Spike Lee) and Jordan in the old Air Jordan commercials

3. Jordan and Bird playing a crazy game of horse in an old McD's commercial.

4. Old Sunkist commercial with Dominique and Bird

5. Reebock Pump commercial with Dominique

I liked the Georghes Muresan cologne commercial spoof a lot.

On a local level, one of the oldest and biggest advertisers locally here in Portland is Franz White Bread. Arvydas Sabonis used to do some awesome "jolly green giant" like laughing spots for those commercials. Also a few years back they had a pretty funny one with Darius Miles being sent back to the bakery with a hair net and baker's whites to bake up some bread.

I LOVED the Nique Minute Maid Orange soda commercial. I started drinking that stuff all the time.

The Lil' Penny commercials (with a young Tyra Banks lovies3d.gif) were pretty good too.

I HATED the Barkley Right Guard "anything less would be uncivilized" commercials. zzz.gif

The mid 80's Converse commercial with Bird, Magic, and DR. J was pretty good. (Prior to Nike blowing up with Jordan).

It was a year Magic won the Championship and Dr. J was bragging on something then Bird comes up with the MVP trophy bragging how he walked away with the MVP.

Just makes me wonder. Where would Nike be now if they never signed Jordan in the mid 80s.

They were all together back then: Adidas, Reebock, Nike, Converse. Converse was #1 in the basket ball world. Tennis was huge then and adidas was big there.

Then Nike signed Jordan and a teenage rebel (Agassi) and just left every one else in the dust.

• Moderators

Quote:

Also a few years back they had a pretty funny one with Darius Miles being sent back to the bakery with a hair net and baker's whites to bake up some bread.

It would be even funnier if Darius had been going back to bake some "brownies." Somehow, I think that is a more realistic version of the commercial.