• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I just talked to Joe Johnson at the Gamestop!!

Murat

I came to the Gamestop to see if there is any new games and i saw Joe Johnson. He was wearing a blank white shirt and a jean shorts. I came to him and said what's up man and he shook my hand and also said what's up.

I asked him if Smoove will get his extension and he said: I am sure he will get it if not this season than next season.

I asked him how is Marvin doing and he said he is doing really well man.

He bought bunch of stuff for his Nintendo Wii. That's all i asked him, but he is so cool that no matter what i asked he would answear. He is like the coolest pro athlete that i have talked to. He is a perfect example of a class act guy.

I forgot to tell him to visit hawksquawk. banghead.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I forgot to tell him to visit hawksquawk.
banghead.gif

You don't want him to come over him because he might get a little depressed. He might start to believe some of the regulars that are convinced that the Hawks have only two players on the team. And that everyone else should be traded for other team's role players.

Quote:

I came to the Gamestop to see if there is any new games and i saw Joe Johnson. He was wearing a blank white shirt and a jean shorts. I came to him and said what's up man and he shook my hand and also said what's up.

I asked him if Smoove will get his extension and he said: I am sure he will get it if not this season than next season.

I asked him how is Marvin doing and he said he is doing really well man.

He bought bunch of stuff for his Nintendo Wii. That's all i asked him, but he is so cool that no matter what i asked he would answear. He is like the coolest pro athlete that i have talked to. He is a perfect example of a class act guy.

lol this seriously made me smile, that's tight as hell. What else did you say? Which gamestop was it? Did you say anything about the playoffs?

Probably the best thing on hawksquawk I've read since the draft, props man.

Thats so cool man..Joe seems like the smoothest dude on the team.

This sounds weird and all but i just graduated from McEachern up in Powder springs last year and i stayed right beside Caley Mill(The subdivision josh Smith lived) and it was cool seeing him around campus and chillin around here.He's a cool dude too but you can tell he's still too close to his former gang..he sometimes shows up to the marietta Football games and ron anderson Rec center too and everyone one around here really admire's that he comes back.

Josh Childress also gets his fro trimmed at my barber shop like 20 seconds away from South Cobb high school..

Quote:

but you can tell he's still too close to his former gang..

Not trying to make something out of nothing here, but this is what worries me the most about him (especially when it comes to giving him a 70-mill contract to stay in Atl)

We also saw what happened to Vick when he wasnt able to separate himself from people he should have. Now, I don't know who Smoove hangs out with and how big of a problem it is, but after Vick, I am a bit wary.

Probably nothing, and I definitely want him to be our franchise cornerstone, but hopefully this wont ever surface as a problem.

Quote:

Quote:

but you can tell he's still too close to his former gang..

Not trying to make something out of nothing here, but this is what worries me the most about him (especially when it comes to giving him a 70-mill contract to stay in Atl)

We also saw what happened to Vick when he wasnt able to separate himself from people he should have. Now, I don't know who Smoove hangs out with and how big of a problem it is, but after Vick, I am a bit wary.

Probably nothing, and I definitely want him to be our franchise cornerstone, but hopefully this wont ever surface as a problem.

Well..he's got the Hometeam(Name of it )Sign Tatted on him.Its bigger than alot of people know cause most of his former people are junkies..my best friends brother still runs with him and he's a dropout lol..josh is far from a saint..but he still rolls with them..i dont think Josh will leave ATL soon just because he ties around here.i dont think it'll get to vick levels tho.He's seems to determined bout his career..we can thank Jay Bilas for that

Quote:

Well..he's got the Hometeam(Name of it )Sign Tatted on him.Its bigger than alot of people know cause most of his former people are junkies..my best friends brother still runs with him and he's a dropout lol..josh is far from a saint..but he still rolls with them..i dont think Josh will leave ATL soon just because he ties around here.i dont think it'll get to vick levels tho.He's seems to determined bout his career..we can thank Jay Bilas for that

At least he's not in Chapel Hill working on his degree, working out and playing hoops...

...just being sarcastic. Hopefully Josh is more of a positive influence on those guys than they are a negative influence on him. He seems pretty driven to me, but he certainly needs to be careful with who/what he associates with.

• Premium Member

Has anybody seen the commercial, I believe it's for insurance... where a guy is showing his friend how to use his game system (I guess it's supposed to be the wii).. and he's showing him how to bat using the sticks and everytime he moves the sticks, the bat moves.. then he tells the guy to pitch the ball and the guy throws the controller into the flatscreen plasma TV...

That commercial is a hoot to me.

Quote:

[...We also saw what happened to Vick when he wasnt able to separate himself from people he should have. Now, I don't know who Smoove hangs out with and how big of a problem it is, but after Vick, I am a bit wary...

If anything the MV7 situation should be a HUGE lesson for all professional athletes. Bet a few thousands on dog fights and lose $10 million in endorsement contracts.

Bottom line - if they are old friends and they ain't breaking the law - who cares. If they are breaking the law he'd better cut them loose.

Yeah, that's for sure. I just had heard a rumour in the past from a friend who also went to Smoove's highschool who said he didnt roll with the best of people. But at the same time, I don't really buy things unless I actually know about it myself.

I think Smoove will be fine, but keeping around bad influences from back in the day is the #1 risk for a hometown kid playing in his home city. That risk could only get compounded by him getting PAID.

But still, it's on him to keep his personal life straight, and Im fairly confident that he will.

lol this seriously made me smile, that's tight as hell. What else did you say? Which gamestop was it? Did you say anything about the playoffs?

It was the one on Roswell road, i think it's the Sandy Springs area.

I didn't ask him anything else, cause i was not expecting to see Joe at the freaking gamestop. I was so surprised, i didn't know what to ask him. He was with the other 2 guys and they looked pretty cool too. Since he is a gamer i could of asked him if he is happy with his overall on Nba live.

When he was about to leave i told him yea man you guys better make the playoffs this sesaon and he was like yea man that's our goal. I said good luck and he said thanks man take care.

The nicest 70mill dollar man ever.

Quote:

So Adobozz is your 2nd account or what?
confused.gif

Oh yeah my bad!! haha banghead.gif

When my computer broked down a while ago i had my password memorized and forgot what is was. I made this account on my laptop. Than i fixed my computer and used that MW24 account. When i saw Joe I was supposed to go to my job and i just signed on my laptop to tell you guys. It's complicated i guess idk..

Anyways i am MW24 and i will use this account from now on. It's much better cause when i had MW24 other posters thought i was just a Marvin fan. Joe is my favorite player and i said it before when i had that mw24 account. The reason i had MW24 is because at that time everyone was hating on Marvin because CP and Deron started really good.

Quote:

Quote:

It was the one on Roswell road, i think it's the Sandy Springs area.

I didn't ask him anything else, cause i was not expecting to see Joe at the freaking gamestop. I was so surprised, i didn't know what to ask him. He was with the other 2 guys and they looked pretty cool too. Since he is a gamer i could of asked him if he is happy with his overall on Nba live.

When he was about to leave i told him yea man you guys better make the playoffs this sesaon and he was like yea man that's our goal. I said good luck and he said thanks man take care.

The nicest 70mill dollar man ever.

That's cool man, I'm glad you threw in the playoff comment lol.

Quote:

At least he's not in Chapel Hill working on his degree, working out and playing hoops...

...just being sarcastic. Hopefully Josh is more of a positive influence on those guys than they are a negative influence on him. He seems pretty driven to me, but he certainly needs to be careful with who/what he associates with.

Your comment begs the obvious: why in the WORLD is Joe Johnson playing Wii during the offseason when he should be working on his game????

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Your comment begs the obvious: why in the WORLD is Joe Johnson playing Wii during the offseason when he should be working on his game????

You should know the Wii is no ordinary video game system. I am sure Joe got that to help him work on his game. He is practicing his form on the Wii.

If you look at the second letter in the third word in each sentence of his recent interview, it is obvious that Marvin is an XBox 360 guy. Pshh... Like that is going to help him with his game.

Quote:

Quote:

even though that's obvious sarcasm, it's different when you're already an all-star and the other is a 2nd pick project that hasn't lived up to his potential.

There's no excuse. Poor work ethics are contagious, and we need to jettison JJ now if he doesn't want to get any better and help this team to the playoffs. I guess some people are only interested in video games and not earning their paychecks.