Will Andre Miller be available?

cynic

Depends on Karl Malone. If he goes somewhere else, then I doubt Stockton would come back, meaning Miller would most likely return to Utah and a coach who knows half court sets and setting up an offense.

If Malone and Stockton stay, he'll be up for grabs.

I like Miller, but I look at it this way. Miller is a good half court set point guard, but he's not a good fast break, up tempo style of point guard.

The Hawks are an up tempo team with or without Robinson. To replace JT with Miller would only serve to replace a team that can run with a team that will suddenly start to walk the ball up the court.

You do that, and you might as well replace Terry Stotts as well, and I think Stotts deserves to be the Hawks head coach.

Just as soon as you start getting players just because they can "play with Glenn Robinson", you start building your team around the one trick pony that is Glenn Robinson.

If it comes down to having to keep him, then just freeze him out of the offense by placing his ass promptly on the bench when he starts playing out of the system and starts trying to be a one on one player.

couldn't agree more. Getting Miller would mean trading/not resigning JT and more than likely retaining GRob. It wouldn't really be a bad team, but I'd prefer to retain JT, his youth, and what he brings than try it again with GRob. I simply can't stand his game.

im surprised HOTLANTADUDE hasnt come in here yet saying "this guy is a scrub... a loser all his life... never been to the playoffs... we dont need him.... Abdur-Rahim of the point guards... etc etc (the usual)"

anyways, i rather have JASON TERRY.

With Andre Miller, i think Abdur-Rahim will become an allstar again. But since Miller isint a threat outside, we really need a traditional SHARPSHOOTER starting SG.

• Premium Member

We are not a fast breaking team.

SAR is not really a fast breaking PF (although he should be).

JT can't control a fast break.

At Cleveland, Miller handled many fast breaks.

Miller would be a great fit here vs. JT.

The reason being is that Miller knows the game.

If we could somehow trade JT for Miller, we'd be better off.

The only disadvantage I see is our lack of outside Shooting. It would be nice to put Persons and Miller with this squad. We'd run basketball.

I'd trade Nazr/our first for Persons.

JT for Miller SNT straight up.

However, I don't think either of those moves could be done.

Yeah and he still can't run a team.He dribbles into

traffic and throws the ball to the other guys like

he did last night.

Picture this,he's in the game and Darvin Ham is shooting

20 footers.Is that playing PG?If we had a real Pg I

really doubt Ham would be shooting jumpers.I don't

remember him doing it with the Bucks.

"If we could somehow trade JT for Miller, we'd be better off."

You say this because you like Dog. I'm sorry, but Dog is not a player you build a team around, nor is SAR. Terry is someone you build a team around. We were doing a pretty good job of it until we traded for Dog.

• Premium Member

I have always felt and Stated that Miller is a better fit for the Hawks than JT. IN fact, JT is a great fit for the Clipps too. Reason being is that the Clipps run their offense through Odom and Jaric. I have always stated that JT is a SG. He has the Sg mentality. Don't be fooled by his stats, he's not running the offense, he makes stupid mistakes because he doesn't know the game. Even Van Gundy knows this and has said that JT is a tweener gaurd. But Miller is the prototypical PG. He's struggling in LAC because they don't run the offense through the PG. IN Atlanta, he'd have too many weapons at his disposal and he'd know how to get the best from them. BUT, he'd still need a SG who he can kick it to to open up the defense. Nazr/1st for Persons.