• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you guys think about Vince Carter

chillzatl

• Admin

They were saying on PTI today that after Grunwalds speech last night, they think that Lenny is gone as soon as the season ends and that they think there's a good chance they'll look to move Carter. What about trading Grob for Vince?

They put up similar stats and have similar contracts, though carter is a BYC player. What would it take for us to get him? Vince is still a star and is still capable of getting back to his former level. He's a much more dynamic player than Grob. Not to mention he would put fans in the seats. Vince + wins = packed seats.

Atlanta needs a superstar, someone to market. If we could trade Robinson for Carter, man, that'd be a team to reckon with, esp. if Ira was resigned. The liklihood is quite slim, but it'd definitely be worth it, even given Carter's history.

The only hope that we have in trading GRob is that he's only got two years left on his deal, is still good at what he does (I don't think his skills ahve diminished that much) and can definitely help a team in the right situation.

I've asked this before, but what team, forgetting what we'd be getting in return (work on that later) could use his skill set right now?

if TOR offers Robinson for Carter (which wont work b/c of BYC status, but thats besides the point)... we'd be STUPID not to go for it!

If he plays, we got a GREAT TEAM in the east. Vince is still one of the best SGs. His Publicity went towards McGrady and Kobe, but he still shines here and there (injuries are preventing him).

I dont see TOR trading him though.... fans like him WAY TOO MUCH. If they do, expect them to get another ALLSTAR in return.

It might take RATLIFF or ABDUR-RAHIM to get Vince Carter....

It would be a no-brainer. We wouldn't even have to think about it. Dog for Vince would be a coup de gras.

Don't you think Toronto could do better?

Vince for:

Jalen Rose

Richard Jefferson / filler

Wally Z, Nester

Desmond Mason, Tim Thomas

Hughes, Kwame Brown

Those are just a couple that come to mind right away. Basically, Toronto has a lot of attractive options in trading Vince. I cannot imagine why they would move him for Dog.