• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey guys!

Hawksman

Great to talk again. Again, I am a new teenager. I have been writing articles for Hoopsworld.com and justbball.com. I am so happy to be back with the team and I hope Chillzatl and Kudzu23 still accept me back. It is great to see Dolfan, heck, I cannot remember anymore people lol. I just hope Chillz does not block me from the site again. I am not a cancer anymore. If you guys give me the chance to prove that I have improved then I would appreciate it very much. Again, it is awesome to have a site where just Hawks fans are. You guys remember me right, Mike Pamfilis. Dear God, please let me stay here and please let them give me a chance!

• Like 1

He's the polar opposite of Hotlantadude.Hotlantadude hates the Hawks and everything about Atlanta, and he goes to no ends to bash the Hawks and Atlanta.Hawksfreak loves the Hawks and will go to no ends to defend his favorite team.The difference is, Hotlantadude is a 20 year old that acts like a 11 or 12 year old, and Hawksfreak is actually a 12 year old (well, 13 now I guess) that acts his age.

Maturity comes hard for some of us.Like the country song says, "You got to know when tohold 'em and when to fold 'em." Hopefully, you have learned. I know, it's hard being soyoung sometimes. I still remember {Faintly } when I wasyour age. I've got four grandkids older than you, and Ican put up with a lot, so calm down. I've missed youand welcome you back!!!

The thing is that I seem to be the only one that realizesthe players aren't as good as people like to think theyare.They are stat players...It should've been known whenJT said"I'll average 18PPG 7APG next year"that he didn'tunderstand the game....He feels that if he just averages7APG that makes him a PG.Something seemed verystrange when he said this...It didn't strike me correctat the time and I couldn't figure out why.He's a stat player just like Robinson and just like Theogambles to get alot of his blocks.But with KB's rosey colored glasses he couldn't tell thedifference.KB is a gullible lightweight.....

I realize that our players are not that good. I also realize that we're in a pickle due to the cap and draft situations.However, I still love the Hawks, and, being a fan, I have to hold out hope that they'll improve.If you don't have any hope that they'll improve, then perhaps you shouldn't be a fan. Or, better yet, maybe having no hope means that you are not a fan in the first place.This is why you are criticized in the forum. I've said myself that JT is not a true PG. I've said that Big Dog is an offensive vacuum, but no one has accused me of being detrimental to the forum.Why? Because I balance my cynicism with optimism. Even though JT is not a true PG, IMO, we could use him to get another player. The team does have options, and our players do have value, even if it is not a lot. We are not doomed forever. Your view, however, is that we are, and that is what makes you unwelcome.'The power of accurate observation is often confused with cynicism'-Oscar Wilde

I can't convince myself good things are to come whenit is clear there isn't.I admit,I didn't expect them tobe that great so I shouldn't be surprised...However,the lack of heart this franchise has had for yearsgets to me.The team has been spinning in circles for years andJerry West wouldn't come here...Other players don'twant to come here unless they are from the area, orif they went to school in GA......I would be winning to bet none of the 10 top playerswould want to play here.The team is capped out for3 years, no young players that can improve, and theteam is boring and they simply don't understand howto play.I've never seen such a team with so many dumb playersthat can't do anything right.

You don't have to expect good things. You just have to hold out hope. Those are different things.However, if you're so convinced that the franchise is doomed for the next decade that you have no hope at all, then you shouldn't follow them anymore. But you persist. Why?The only reason that you post is that you love to criticize, condemn, and complain. In fact, that's all that you've been accused of. However, when others do accuse you of such, you respond with, 'I'm sorry if I don't think JT is the best point guard in the league,' and other such arguments that are beside the point.It's obvious that they're not saying that you should believe our players are gods. No one is saying that. They just feel that if you are nothing but negative (and I mean nothing), you shouldn't post. Why? Because it doesn't contribute anything.This is a forum for people who support the Atlanta Hawks, not a forum for people who hate them. Is the franchise in a tough situation? Yes. BUT, we're supporters, so we find the silver linings. The team went 9-3 over a little stretch. It was fun. That's a positive. Doesn't mean we're in the finals next year (or even the playoffs), but it is something, however so subtle, positive. Now, I expect you'll retort once again with, 'Well I'm sorry if I speak the truth.'Can it. That's not the point. The point is that, while there's certainly a place for realism, strict negativity is pointless and unwelcome. This is a fan forum.

If we had been 9-3 when the games where of importancethen I would have been more positive...However,I can'tremember that type of situation in years.Yes I am a critic and I'm not the only fan that is.I justdon't accept what is thrown at me."This is a forum for people who support the Atlanta Hawks"What about the players supporting the fans?After all,they are the ones getting paid, so it's their job to makethe fans happy by putting a good product out on thecourt.These are millionaires you know...Why do peoplethat make millions deserve blind support?They should be bitched out when they aren't playing theway they are supposed to be playing.If we don't doour jobs correctly at work you better know we willhear about it.While most people work to make ends meet...NBAplayers and most of them will make more in oneseason than you might you're whole life.So of courseI don't take it easy or blindly support these players.Doing so is rather foolish in my opinion....I'm not agullible person and that's just the way things are.You know why I rag on SAR so much?His lack ofpassion pisses me off!He should have more lovefor what he does.He and Robinson should bebring the heart and soul to the game and theydon't do it.As much as I pick on Jt it's becausehe can't play PG....He does have passion to playand I respect that..Theo aswell...SAR/Robinsonare the worst.They seem to have no passion most of the time.Growing up as a kid I wanted to be like ClydeDrexler.I'd love to have the gift SAR has becauseI'd be all I could be instead of taking the moneyand just being happy with numbers.

• 10 years later...

Whoa! You just bumped this from 03?! Good stuff.

He asked me to find a couple of his old posts from back in the day. This was about as far back as I could go since prior to 2002 we were on the old E-Z Board forums that no longer exist.

• Like 1

Great to talk again. Again, I am a new teenager. I have been writing articles for Hoopsworld.com and justbball.com. I am so happy to be back with the team and I hope Chillzatl and Kudzu23 still accept me back. It is great to see Dolfan, heck, I cannot remember anymore people lol. I just hope Chillz does not block me from the site again. I am not a cancer anymore. If you guys give me the chance to prove that I have improved then I would appreciate it very much. Again, it is awesome to have a site where just Hawks fans are. You guys remember me right, Mike Pamfilis. Dear God, please let me stay here and please let them give me a chance!

This is one of the GOAT posts.