• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The answer to some of our problems

PoppaFritz

I don't know who we could trade to get him but a player that would significantly change the look of this team is Hedo Turkoglu. I recently saw that he hasn't been happy with his diminished playing time. Maybe he would be interested in a change of scenery, Atlanta?

I think he is in a similar situation as Drazen Petrovic was with the Blazers, where they just couldn't play him because of Drexler and had to move him or get nothing in return.

He would improve our shooting dramatically, he's a descent passer and he would add size to our perimeter.

well maybe RATLIFF.

But they have a better SAR in WEBBER, they have jackson and bibby so no need for JT, they have Christie so no need for Newble, they have Peja so no need for Robinson.

Divac does get into foul trouble here and there, and they woulndt mind getting a BIG MAN that can play better than Keon Clark.

i dont see anything happening w/ us involving Hedo.

The thing about Turkoglu is this. He will improve the Hawks defense on the court, but he will not improve the Hawks current lack of ball handlers on the team. Turkoglu is a very aggresive player, but he is over aggressive offensively. He gets wild and out of control most of the time I see him play, and that's ultimately the reason he is losing playing time right now.

I don't think it is in the Hawks interest to add another player that isn't a good ball handler.

I'd rather sign Jumaine Jones, who I think has a bigger upside and is a more in control offensive player.

KB, I agree with most of your player evaluations but I don't agree that Jones has a bigger upside than Turkoglu. Turkoglu's ballhandling is above average for a player 6'10. I don't see his aggresiveness on offense as a negative. The Kings look for him to be an offensive spark off of the bench and he gives them that. The problem for him is they just have too many bodies in front of him. The thing that I like about him is when Peja was injured last year he stepped up and filled his role very well. I think he just needs playing time to be consistently effective.

Jones' stats are ok but playing for the Cavs he's getting minutes, so they are a little skewed. He wouldn't put those numbers up with the Kings, he would be like Gerald Wallace. Plus, Jones doesn't help us with our perimeter shooting. I will give him one thing he is an incredible athlete and he rebounds well for a guard/forward.

"

Divac does get into foul trouble here and there, and they woulndt mind getting a BIG MAN that can play better than Keon Clark."

Scot Pollard...Wouldn't it be nice to have him?The Kings

have plenty of depth at C.Theo is a step above Keon

Clark, but Theo isn't that much better of a player.

Clark/Hedo are worth ALOT more than Theo.

1)It would give us 2 players for one(more depth)

and I don't think Theo could get us Hedo ALONE

and if I was the Kings I'm not so sure I'd do it.

I like the idea of getting Person regardless if Dion

remains a starter or not.He's a guy teams must

guard.....He actually scares people unlike Newble

whom often has good games only when he really

isn't guarded.

It's not. I'm not a UGA fan. I'm a Bulldog, but I'm a Mississippi State Bulldog, which is why I would like to see us sign Tang Hamilton as a reserve small forward and maybe give Tyrone Washington a look as a reserve center in camp. Not to mention draft Derek Zimmerman to back up Jason Terry at point guard and maybe look at Mario Austin in the 1st round and toy with the idea of playing him at power forward and Reef at small forward.

Keon Clark is, in my opinion, almost as good as Theo Ratliff. I can't be sure though.

However, I think Theo is more respected around the league, and I think Clark is considered a backup player because he's never shown that he can play starter's minutes for a whole season.

Maybe Sac thinks they can upgrade their defense by getting Theo. Then, they'd probably have to package Hedo with Clark. Who else are they gonna give us to make us give up Theo???

Sac will want to upgrade interior defense after they get beaten by the Lakers. If they'll bite, I say it's a good deal.

Note: I do not think Theo necessarily upgrades a team's interior defense against power-post players, as he is obviously more of a roving blocker. However, I'm thinking that maybe Sac doesn't use this line of reasoning.

So, Theo is not at that much of a disadvantage. He has the same problems everyone else has against Shaq, but outside of Shaq, there are no true power post centers.

The center position is going to the 7 footer that can play on the perimeter style, much like the point guard position is going to the more combo guard type of players.

Eddy Curry may the the last of a dying breed, because I don't see anymore 7 footers that are 280+ coming around. And Curry is only 6-10, so..........

IMO, Theo Ratliff was the team's MVP. The Hawks started winning when his defense rounded into its All-Star form. Theo averaged around 5 blocks per game for the last 43 games of the season, and that's when the Hawks started winning games.

You're right. They're aren't many big guys on their way into the NBA in the near future. The only two I can think of at all are Chris Marcus (although I'm not sure he'll have much impact in the NBA) and James Lang, a big high schooler comparable in size to Eddy Curry (well, actually, a little wider).

Just not much incentive to be a big player, anymore. Who wants to play like Shaq when you can play like Kobe, McGrady, and even Garnett?

This is becoming a game where point guards are scorers and you have players that are 6-9 that play shooting guard.

I don't think this is a red herring like the mobile quarterback in the NFL. NBA teams are going with the flow and starting to build their teams around these scoring point guards, a la Marbury, Francis, Arenas, etc (Terry fits into this group), and 7 footers who have all around games (Garnett, Nowitzki, soon to be Milicic and Lampje.

The game has evolved from a slow down, set up game to a one on one, playground style that emphasizes athletcisim, to what is now a more up tempo style that features skillful players.

Lot's of NBA people bellyache about not having a Michael Jordan in the league, but I don't think there has ever been a time in the NBA where three stars have the combined athletic ability and basketball skills that Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Garnett have.

I think Jones made a mistake by coming out so early from college. His skills have not improved. He does not slash or post up. His O game is limited to long jumpers or put backs. He does not know how to use his athletic ability at all and his game has not improved. Glover has actually shown more improvement in his game than Jones. It does not appear Jones has the work habits or interest to improve his game. Heck, I had much rather have Ira at the 3 than Jones. I think I had rather have a healthy (yes a big IF) C.C. than Jones as the b/u 3.