• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

who will be the hawks snd option

PureGreatness

I answered Marvin for the reason that he's a better natural scorer than Josh Smith. Josh is a great garbage bucket and on the fly scorer, but he does have a hard time creating his own shot. Marvin is showing that he can take the ball to the basket almost at will. As the season progresses, I would not be surprised to see MW take over the second option scoring duties.

That said, if Smoove can really develop a post game, then he should be the second option, as post scoring would open up the rest of the court for JJ and Marvin.

I voted Marvin. Offensively Marvin is the more effecient player who could be DEPENDED on to be a secondary option.

Unless Smoove wakes up one morning and can shoot 20 foot jumpers at 45% instead of 30% or he wakes up and finds the post game he and Olajuwon supposedly worked on in Houston he will not be consistent enough to be the secondary option in the 1/2 court offense.....Now I can see Smoove geting 8 points a night, if we run, in transition. If we run as planned Smoove could still be the 2nd leading scorer but Marvin would be the secondary option in the half court offense.

I still call Smoove the 2nd best player on the team b/c of his rebounding and blocked shots but he is not our second most efficient 1/2 court scorer.

I think it will ebb and flow. Didn't vote becuase I don't think either one needs to be more of an option than the other.

I think we're getting too caught up in "pecking orders", rather than in how the team plays.

Last night was a perfect example of how this team's points should be distributed if we are to be really successful.

In crunch time JJ is the man. Smith and Marvin are both secondary to him, but between the two of them I don't have any opinion of who should get the ball first. Acie will hopefully figure that out soon, or he can just take it to the rack and end it himself. wink.gif

I voted for Smoove.

Surprised?

I think if Smoove will make a commitment to get the ball to the rim, that his shooting percentage will go way up. And if that happens, we'll definitely be good to go.

The way I see it, Josh much realize that by taking jumpers, he's bailing out the other team's PF. He must make people commit to him, while going to the hole. If he's able to pick up some cheap fouls on a Bosh-like player, that will benefit the Hawks tremendously.

So I WANT Smoove to be that 2nd option . . but only if he drives the ball to the hole.

But like Peoria said, we can't have him being the 2nd option, and him shooting 43%. The only way you can let a 43% shooter be your 2nd option, is if he goes to the FT line a ton, or if he makes a lot of threes.

Quote:

The way I see it, Josh much realize that by taking jumpers, he's bailing out the other team's PF. He must make people commit to him, while going to the hole. If he's able to pick up some cheap fouls on a Bosh-like player, that will benefit the Hawks tremendously.

Like it or not Smiths jumper has to improve regardless of what position he plays. If he can't hit open mid-range jumpers then guys won't come out on him and he won't be able to drive past them.