• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One trade that makes as contenders for a long whil

Murat

Am I the only one that wasn't very impressed with Biedrins? I mean, he's a good rebounder and defender, but he just doesn't seem to have as much going for him as people claim.

I haven't really seen him play enough though, I mainly only saw him in the playoffs. He just didn't jump out to me as the elite prospect he's considered to be.

We are overstocked at the forward and need a center but I would not move Smoove for Biedrins. I understand Biedrins is valuable but I'm sure GS would jump on that trade also. I also would not trade Horford for Biedrins. I would trade Marvin or a combination of Chillz, Zaza, Salim, etc.

If we play well this year we'll have plenty of valuable assets that we can move if we feel we need to tweak the team.

From another forum:

GS trades Ellis, Wright, and Harrington for Smith, Radmanovic and A. Johnson.

Davis/Johnson

Azubuike/Belinelli

Jackson/Barnes

Smith/Radmanovic

Biedrins/O'Bryant

Atl trades Smith and Johnson for Wright and Bynum.

Law/Lue

Johnson/Stoudamire

M. Williams/Childress

Horford/Wright

Bynum/S. Williams

LA trades Bynum and Radmanovic for Ellis and Harrington.

Ellis/Fisher

Kobe/Crittenton

Odom/Walton

Harrington/Turiaf

Mihm/Brown

Quote:

Smoove to GS for Biedrinis and Barnes.

What do you guys think of this lineup?

pg-LAw/speedy/lue

sg- Joe/chill/salim

SF- Marvin/barnes/chill

PF- Horford/shelden/solomon

C - Biedrinis/zaza

We can also throw in Salim if they want.

It wouldn't make us a contender but it will improve us. It won't happen though, GS doesn't want to trade him.

Quote:

That is OK if it is Anthony Johnson. I am LMAO if it is Joe and Josh for Wright and Bynum.

Why is AJ the one people want ALWAYSE throw out as trash ?

Right now AJ may be just as important as any one on the roster.

He is the only healthy PG we got.

I can't leave Law amd his wrist hanging with 2 more injured guys to back him up.

Guys like Salim and Solo get all this love for doing nothing. We got a cagy vet, who is a actual floor general named Anthony Johnson. He deserves a little more support if you ask me.

Of course I am no smarter then any one else but that is my two cents.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

That is OK if it is Anthony Johnson. I am LMAO if it is Joe and Josh for Wright and Bynum.

Why is AJ the one people want ALWAYSE throw out as trash ?

Right now AJ may be just as important as any one on the roster.

He is the only healthy PG we got.

I can't leave Law amd his wrist hanging with 2 more injured guys to back him up.

Guys like Salim and Solo get all this love for doing nothing. We got a cagy vet, who is a actual floor general named Anthony Johnson. He deserves a little more support if you ask me.

Of course I am no smarter then any one else but that is my two cents.

How was my comment throwing out AJ as trash? pillepalle.gif

Saying that AJ isn't nearly as valuable as JJ isn't the same as equating him to trash.

Bynum is a very attractive prospect. Wright is a long-range but attractive prospect.

However, a trade proposing to include Josh Smith and JJ is a trade asking the Hawks to include their best two pieces over the last two seasons.

We acquired AJ in a trade for our second round pick last year.

They are simply a ways away in terms of trade value.

• Moderators

Quote:

Guess I'm just crazy.

Explain it to me. I just don't understand how I was throwing AJ under the bus by saying his trade value wasn't anywhere near JJ's. The only reason I mentioned AJ's name is obvious: he is the only other Johnson on the team and his trade value is a lot less than he guy they were referencing: Joe Johnson.

If you just wanted a soapbox to take on people looking to trash Anthony Johnson that is fine and good but I don't see how I was looking to dump him for nothing or rip his game apart.

Johnson is a smart, very solid backup PG. I would rather have him running the team than Lue because I think he facilitates better ball movement. With Speedy down again, there is no need to rush and get rid of any of our PGs, IMO. AJ will likely start or play major minutes in some games for this team this season when injuries hit. I hope he provides needed depth for a playoff run this season.

I would only give him up in a good deal. A deal that lands a true center like Bynum could be one of those deals.