• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rasheed compares NBA to WWF

sturt

It may have only been the end of the exhibition season, but Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was in mid-season form.

"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.

"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Looks like a misquote to me.

Quote:

He is sometimes an idiot but I agree 100% about this. Its just like how you couldnt even breath on MJ or a foul was called and the same goes for kobe.

While I do agree about the "star bias" when it comes to fouls (to a point)...there is no way the NBA wants to see a backwater market like San Antonio win it all (if they had their druthers). Sheed is just Sheed.

If the NBA was fixing things like the WWF it would be NYK or Boston against LAL every year in the finals.

The real shame about last year is that the cheating/gambling/crook ref probably took away PHX's chance to win it all by calling fouls on Stoudamire to make the under. I think Stern is going to handle that debacle tho.

"If the NBA was fixing things like the WWF it would be NYK or Boston against LAL every year in the finals."

Those 3 teams couldnt win it all last year even if the refs did try and cheat for them. Dont worry though boston will get the favors this year and wherever kobe goes he will get the calls.

Quote:

"If the NBA was fixing things like the WWF it would be NYK or Boston against LAL every year in the finals."

Those 3 teams couldnt win it all last year even if the refs did try and cheat for them. Dont worry though boston will get the favors this year and wherever kobe goes he will get the calls.

I don't know if you have been watching Celtics pre-season games this year or not...but trust me...they won't need the calls.

As far as Kobe...I don't think he will get too many "star calls". detective.gif

Quote:

Why is he comparing the NBA to the WWF aka World Wildlife Fund? Now if he was comparing it to the WWE aka World Wrestling Entertainment. Then I could see what he means. However comparing it to the WWF make no sense.

Maybe he used to watcf WWF which is WOrld wrestling federation i think.

Quote:

There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Unlike others, I consider Sheed to be reliable authority. He is my favorite player. He's crazy, yeah, like Barkley, just crazy enough to see the absurdity of the way things are, but he still has that fireball passion, and just enough self control not to rush the crowd or choke the ref when he goes off.

The game Sheed played as a Hawk was the best-played game by this franchise since Mookie, Smitty and Deke left.

I know he doesn't play full tilt all the time, but he does put his heart into it when it counts, and he fires up his teammates. There aren't many like Rasheed and never will be.

Nonethless, he's all wet with this quote, if it's accurate. There never was any real wrestling; everybody knows that.

Quote:

There never was any real wrestling; everybody knows that.

People who dont pay attention to wrestling might not know that. His quote was

"There ain't no real wrestling anymore either"

take out the "anymore" and then i would consider that a shot at the NBA. But with anymore in there it makes me think that he actually believes wrestling was real but now is all fake.

he also contradicts himself talking about the series. On the one hand he says the Pistons "gave" the Cavs the series and then tries to say that the refs favored the Cavs. Looks like he wants to blame the refs for the fact that the Pistons didn't take care of business.

Quote:

Quote:

take out the "anymore" and then i would consider that a shot at the NBA. But with anymore in there it makes me think that he actually believes wrestling was real but now is all fake.

he also contradicts himself talking about the series. On the one hand he says the Pistons "gave" the Cavs the series and then tries to say that the refs favored the Cavs. Looks like he wants to blame the refs for the fact that the Pistons didn't take care of business.

Personally I think he just gets entertained that he can run his mouth like this and people really care enough to ake news stories out of it.

Sheed's the ultimate class clown.

Hmmmmmmm......the 80's pretty much was Boston and LA, makes you wonder???

Show the lottery live!!!

I don't like the way the lottery is done. Other than Atlanta getting one of the top two picks, they got the best two picks they could have, without giving away their first rounders this year. Seattle appears to be leaving for the midwest and if I owned the NBA, I would want a team in Seattle. Seattle gets Kevin Durant. Portland is said to have the best fans and fill the place up. How much more will the fans flock into the Rose Garden with what they have? Portand gets Greg Odom. I just see Atlanta as the 3rd priority on the list, and then they got took care of.

I never thought of how the LeBron factor, but I was amazed that they represented the Eastern Conference. Hmmm.... shrug.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Personally I think he just gets entertained that he can run his mouth like this and people really care enough to ake news stories out of it.

Sheed's the ultimate class clown.

I think he's just a jerk. Not very bright either. He's also smoked a ton of what I would presume to be high grade Dro, given his economic status. Not many brain cells left. I'm also quite positive he's not stimulating the ones that are left. You think Sheed enjoys brain teasers? Philosophical discussion? Learning?

He's a tough matchup on the hardwood for almost anyone, though.

There is a kernel of truth in what he is saying. The theatrical element of fouls called in certain situations is undeniable. D-Wade anyone?