• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ACIE LAW - 14 minutes played today.

bumpyphish1

Quote:

We were outscored by 18 points while Law was in. Regardless, Woody is the worst coach in the NBA today. Easy.

Yeah . . strange how that all turned out. I didn't see the 1st half of this game, so I don't know if Acie was playing horrible defense or not.

LOL . . then again, his defense can't be much worse than Lue's.

Oh well . . 2 - 4 . . a record that most of us would've taken in the first 6 games, before the season started. It doesn't matter which 6 or 7 games we win this month. As long as we reach that total. Anything less than that should see a lot of heat being put on Woody.

He's going to have to make a Jeff Fisher / Vince Young type decision on Law. Either put him on the bench and bring him along slowly . . or make a commitment to play him 30 minutes a game.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I don't see what we have to loose by playing him. I really disagree with you about Woody taking heat, I wish to God every day and every night that he would get fired, but it isn't gonna happen. Unless BK leaves, Woody is not going anywhere... and he'll always have the "we have the youngest team in the NBA" crutch, well at least for the next two-three years anyway. The only way Woody gets fired is if we win less than 30 games this year, in which case both BK and Woody would be out the door quicker than you can say "worst GM-Coach combo in NBA history"... I doubt this will happen but this is the only scenario I see Woody leaving.

Quote:

We were outscored by 18 points while Law was in.

Their pgs weren't the ones who were scoring. Arenas was 5-15 and Daniels was 1-5.

Acie had 5 assists and 0 turnovers and still can't get more than 14 minutes. That is ridiculous.

We can't win when our pgs can't make a basket for an entire game. Woody just needs to let Law play for 30 minutes. Even if he plays badly he can't do any worse than Lue is doing.

POINT GUARD SHUFFLE: The point guard rotation continues to be a trouble spot for the Hawks. They produced only two points in Sunday's loss to Washington.

"We've been floating guys in and out," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "We've got to go back and re-evaluate it. The bottom line is the point guard has to play significant minutes for us to be successful.

Rookie Acie Law started for the fourth time and didn't score a point. He had five assists but came up empty on all four field-goal tries, two of them on 3-pointers, in 13:52 minutes. He did a nice job on defense against Washington's Gilbert Arenas.

"No knock against Acie," Woodson said. "He hasn't been out there in big minutes and hasn't had a chance to show what he can do."

We can have no PG consistency if Woodson yanks Law and only lets him play 14 minutes...

how do you build someones confidence and trust if you do that to them?

Quote:

We were outscored by 18 points while Law was in. Regardless, Woody is the worst coach in the NBA today. Easy.

Ya, that was when Heywood went off for 11 point 1st quarter points. Not Law's problem. Washinton also started the 3rd quarter off HOTT !

Woody gave Salim some minutes b/c we were having major trouble scoring. Law's shot was off yesterday but I still like his (more traditional PG play) and future potential on the floor more then I like seeing Lue or Salim playing PG. Law is also the superior defender to those two.

Chills was every where is the 2nd half. His hustle and defense got us back in the game and cut the lead down to a 5 points with 4 minutes left. Woody had to keep Chills out there and it came at the expense of a playing a real PG in the 4th quarter.