• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That was tough to watch

capstone21

• Admin

What a lackluster performance by the Hawks.

We really need a playmaker...I am still baffled why Lue is getting so much PT. He is just terrible. The only good thing about his game is his haircut. He did absolutely nothing out there. Its time for him to sit permanently.

I think it is the coaching honestly that is our biggest problem. I think its time we find someone who knows how to stop our one on one players and turn it into a more offensive flow. The way our team plays is just erratic. Even in our wins. Woody has got to go. He has been here a year too long.

Marvin played great. I am loving his play this year so far.

Smith finally played offensively at a better pace and the results showed. However, he didn't seem to play with his usual passion tonight.

JJ is getting tripled teamed and no one else is flashing to the ball.

We are playing way too much one on one...I have been watching other teams playing against us passing and passing until they find the open man. We don't do that. One pass at the most. If it is Lue forget about it.

Salim once again showed why he shouldn't be out There. As soon as he touched the ball he would chuck it up.

I don't know why Law got benched.

We got killed by second chance points tonight. We still don't box out just like last year.

• Premium Member

I would pay to sit down with the coaches and have them explain what we are trying to do in our half-court sets, because I swear that for the life of me I can't figure out what the heck is going on. Is the one-on-one plays by design? is it a product of the players becoming frustrated and wanting to take matters into their own hands? Do we have Horford at the top of the key every other possession on purpose? Do we have J-Smoove set up at the wing when JJ posts up on purpose? Is he meant to be taking those outside shots? I really hope that non of these atrocities are "designed" and that they are just a symptom of having a young team, because if not, we will NEVER EVER, EVER, be able to win more games then we loose with Woody.

Quote:

Smith finally played offensively at a better pace and the results showed.

Amen to that. I just hope Smoove doesn't equate choosing his shots better with losing after this one. I'm still not a fan of him taking the 3, but overall, he played exactly the type of game he needs to play on offense (and still got his 23 points). Props to Smoove.

I caught the game on NBA league pass and I agree with most of what you post. This was the worst our offense has looked all year. As I and many here have commented on before, this team appears to have no half court sets. For most of the game, we looked like 5 guys who have just met trying to play as a team in a pick up game. Either the players are not listening and executing whatever half court sets Woody is teaching them or he is not teaching half court sets. I though both rookies looked like rookies in this game and JJ was just off in his shots. Marvin and JSmoove played very well and gave us a chance. It will be interesting to see if this team can bounce back for the last two games or fall into another dark abyss.

Took my son down to Phiilips this afternoon. Had a good time with the exception of the "basketball game". What total hideous crap. JC made a nice finger roll layup and that was about it. We couldn't guard the perimeter of a one-stall outhouse. And anybody who thinks our center situation is solved is nuts. Al Horford is an NBA center like I'm a flockin Astronaut chairs.gif

Hawks came out flat - MW missed three wide open jumpers in a row - JS can't post against 7-footers - Chillz couldn't finish an ice cream cone. TLue was his typical self and JJ wasn't much better. My SIU Salukis could have beaten these bums today. bananadead3.gif

Quote:

I would pay to sit down with the coaches and have them explain what we are trying to do in our half-court sets, because I swear that for the life of me I can't figure out what the heck is going on. Is the one-on-one plays by design? is it a product of the players becoming frustrated and wanting to take matters into their own hands? Do we have Horford at the top of the key every other possession on purpose? Do we have J-Smoove set up at the wing when JJ posts up on purpose? Is he meant to be taking those outside shots? I really hope that non of these atrocities are "designed" and that they are just a symptom of having a young team, because if not, we will NEVER EVER, EVER, be able to win more games then we loose with Woody.

YES!!! You're exactly right! I am constantly wondering the same things when I watch this offense...If these things aren't by design, I simply can't understand why they continue to happen, and have been happening for the past 3 years!! It has to be bad coaching when after 3 years, you still don't have an offense with any kind of flow!!

Quote:

If Joe would stop shooting so many freakin threes maybe his fortunes would chance a little bit....

Not picking on ya', but your boy Smoove is just as guilty of this. At least JJ has been a very good 3pt shooter through a 5 year career. Smith has alwayse been a poor 3point shooter and has no business shooting more then 1 or two a night tops.

Quote:

Quote:

If Joe would stop shooting so many freakin threes maybe his fortunes would chance a little bit....

Not picking on ya', but your boy Smoove is just as guilty of this. At least JJ has been a very good 3pt shooter through a 5 year career. Smith has alwayse been a poor 3point shooter and has no business shooting more then 1 or two a night tops.

Smith has perfected the art of positioning himself outside the 3 point line as soon as someone is double teamed. russian.gif