• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who here thinks that.....

jjjohns3

No..You guys are in denial.

Coaches/GM's/ESPN/People on other boards will tell

you the truth.The 10 of you are probably the only

ones left that believe JT is a PG.

Diesel and I are trying to wake you guys up.

How many bad seasons and underachieving offenses

is it going to take before people wake up.

I know as Chillz says this seems like alot of my other

posts...However,if you would realize the truth...the

post wouldn't have to be repeated.

I tell you what...If JT is starting at PG for us next

year I'm gunna start to write down his mistakes and

point them out.

• Admin

"Diesel and I are trying to wake you guys up. "

That's funny, because there are no similarities between your posts. The only reason he used both of your names is because you both seem to annoy people, for obviously different reasons. Your posts are constantly negative and poorly thought out. Where as diesels posts are usually very well thought out and very seldom are they negative in nature. Everyone may not agree with him, but they aren't negative.

• Premium Member

Well,

As for me, My purpose here is to get people to:

1. Think.

2. Think Differently

Here on this board, so many of you have these same contribed beliefs that are homeristic in nature... Like JT is a good PG because he gets these many assists. However, when you really watch that games... Is he directing the offense? Is he making good passes to the post? Does he find the open man on the break? Does he find the cutters? IS he a FLOOR GENERAL?

Or how many would consider trading away good players like Theo or SAR for the sake of Chemistry?

How many would think about bringing in a second PG for the sake of Chemistry?

There are too many people here with the belief that everything falls on the shoulders of ONE player weather it's big dog or JT or SAR... The truth is that we have a multitude of problems on our team and some of them do overlap. But do we think about what overlapps and HOW to fix it?

Often times... NO.

The difference between me and ARR... I believe that the Hawks have several good things about them. SAR is one of the best PFs in the game. JT is a good Player. Big Dog could be a better player under a better system. BUT ARR sees nothing as being slightly good. He's Bitter... I'm not. He's talking down... I'm trying to mention ways to make us better.

Lastly,

If I didn't post, Hawksquawk would be a boring place. Believe me, I have helped Keep Hawksquawk going for 3-4 years now. When People have the same view, normally there's nothing to talk about.

Your posts are constantly negative and poorly thought out. Where as diesels posts are usually very well thought out and very seldom are they negative in nature. Everyone may not agree with him, but they aren't negative."

Because we have the biggest screwups in the NBA.They

have been running this franchise in the ground for 4

years now.

How can JT be so dumb as to how the position of PG

is played despite Gary being his favorite player.How

can Robinson be such a horrible dribbler?How can

Reef be so careless?

I'm not going to sugarcoat ANYTHING.

We are both trying to make it clear that JT is not a

PG....Honestly,he's not even that good of a player.His

game IS SO LIMITED.Why does he shoot so many

three's?He's lazy....Instead of taking the ball to the

basket he just shoots 3's because it's easy.

I'm negitive because we suck and will for a good while

longer and I blame these players.I hate all of them.I

want players that want to win and that have strong

will player and will do whatever it takes....Not shoot

jumpers because they are scared of contact like JT is.

I know the guys have some talent...but they just don't

seem to be willing to take their games to the limit and

that really bothers me.JT could attack the basket more..

but he doesn't.He seems to be extremely scared of

contact.

If the players had more heart and soul I'd say positive

things about them instead of other players all the

time.I don't really hate the players...I hate the fact

they don't give it everything they have.That is what

they get paid to do.They basically aren't doing the

job they are supposed to be doing.

They year JT was the only scoring option is the only

time he has brought it most nights.

I expect alot of the guys that played here.This franchise

has seen way more playoff births than 25 win seasons,

but these guys refuse to play with everything they have.

This board is all we have.We don't have sports bars

full of fans to drink and watch the game with.You can't

go to the other boards without being slammed to be

a fan of this team.I'm frusterated as Diesel says.I

want more for everyone here.I want them to talk

about us at this time of year.That's what it's all

about.

• Admin

It's not just the Hawks. You are negative about everything. The NBA, baseball, football, anything. If a team doesn't win a championship or deliver every time you dog them and blabber on about how they suck. I mean how many times do I have to say it? [censored], you are negative about life in general. You've said it yourself, "i'm just a negative person". Don't pretend that it's just about the Hawks and you don't know what i'm talking about.

I can ignore your negative posts about the Hawks and how they suck. It's the fact that 9 of every 10 posts you make about ANY SUBJECT, are negative.

To take it another step further, you'll go out of your way to interrupt a thread between other posters just to make a dumb, meaningless, 2 sentence post that "so and so sucks, he's a loser and will never do anything". It's childish and boring.

This isn't a new thing, it's been going on for years now. We've had public and private conversations about it. You know and have admitted that the majority of what you post is negative.

So don't pretend that "you aren't going to sugercoat the Hawks". It's not just the hawks, it's life in general. You are an unhappy person.

The problem comes into play when you KNOW that the majority of what you post is just negative nonsense that adds nothing to the site. You KNOW this, I don't need to tell you or argue with you about it. You are aware of it. You are also aware that I"ve asked you numerous times to just tone it down. You may be an unhappy guy. But you don't have to go out of your way to muck up my site and other peoples coversations with meaningless, purpousfully negative posts. Yet you still do it. You continue to go out of your way and post that kind of stuff even when i've asked you nicely to just tone it down. That tells me either you have a problem understanding simple instructions or you are just trying to test me.

I don't know which it is, you tell me?

HOW CAN YOU ASSUME that chillz doesn't understand??

You think you're the only one with problems? You think you're the only one whose childhood was screwed up? (I'm assuming that's what you mean)

Don't use your past as an excuse for your behavior. That's what criminals do. Feel bad about life? Do something about it. You don't have to hang your head and mope; it gets you nowhere.

Whatever has happened to you; many people have had it much worse. You're still part of 5% of the world population that gets to call America home where you have the luxury of worrying about a [censored] basketball team.

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/atlantahawks/Myfamily.html

That's my niece in Scottish Rite hospital 1995.You have

no idea what it feels like to be helpless watching your

little niece spitting up blood as she is diying and begging

for help and there's nothing you can do.Unless you've

experienced this you don't know.Where talking about

a 4 year old girl that should've had along life ahead

of her instead of sitting in a hospital bed for 2 years

with Burks Lemphoma(sp?)She was like my own child

because I took care of her the most for the short time

she was here.That and losing your mom and brother

and watching your dad a drunk...Talk to me about

positives and negitives.

Maybe I'm negitive because that's all that I've ever

seen when I was growing up.

• Premium Member

I'm saying that a lot of things said on this board is....

ME TOO...

Kind of material.

How much thinking is required for somebody to say... ME Too or Ditto? That's the biggest waste of space there could ever be.

What I try to do is spark thinking and spark conversation at the same time. What kind of place would this be if you came here and all you saw was:

JTFAN: JT is a great Drive and dish PG.

MRHONLINE: Yeah, I feel that way too.

CYMAN: I think Big Dog must GO.

MRHONLINE: ME Too.

Walter: After watching 7 games, I think that Ira should be given a Longterm contract.

MRHONLINE: ME TOO.

Is there anything remotely significant or thought provoking said there? In fact, I wonder if there was true thought taken in any of the statements. That's why I push the letter.

When I say... JT does less Drive and dish than you guys suggest.... OF course JT does it maybe 1 time a game and of course he should be able to do it more, but the fact is, he doesn't.

When I say.... Why must Big Dog GO.... and People like Walter mention the end of the year Streak. I have to remind you all that we have an end of the year Streak EVERY YEAR since we've had JT. Last year, Toni was out during out end of the year streak. We traded Toni believing that 1. We were getting a more consistent player in big Dog. 2. That We played a little better when Toni was out. If you just looked at those facts surrounding Toni, one would believe that Losing DJ was the biggest reason for our early downfall. However, the truth is that the streak usually occurs because an abundance of HOME games made up from the Circus being in town earlier in the year.

When I ask... Why should Ira be given a big Contract. The answer comes back because he played good defense during the streak. I would say that Ira is a good defender but we can find an Ira in the developmental league and pay him the league min. It's no reason to give Ira a 4 year 33 million dollar (Bowen type) Contract.

To answer your question...

There are some things that I object to simply because what was said was not thought out well. Just ramblings you can get from Denberg or Lee or whoever is the flavor of the day. I like to see people reading between the lines and being Original.

Diesel,

You said earlier that you think it is a combination of problems, and it is.

We have a PG who isn't palatable at the position. He doesn't understand it yet, and he might not ever understand it.

We have a SF who thinks he is the next Larry Bird, but by shooting as much as Kobe.

We have a SG who doesn't understand he should look forward and not shoot so much.

We have a bench, who might be the worst in the NBA.

We have a system that is completely opposite of the system this team needs to thrive.

Those are problems.

Play.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

We have good pieces. JT, SHareef, Big Dog, Theo... All very good pieces. But they just don't work together for multiple reasons.

As you have explained.

One way that I have stated that we can get a better fix...

Trading JT for Miller. This is logical (I heard somebody say we should do a SNT for Odom). My response to that is that if LAC would SNT for JT, why not request Miller.

Here's why Miller would help:

1. Pure PG who can make plays.

2. He will help limit and control GRob's Larry Bird theme.

3. He knows how to get the ball in the post in the halfcourt set.

That heals a multitude of problems.

A Second fix would be to get a SG who can shoot in here. For that reason, why not go after Barry with our MCE... Then Look to trade some of our High priced players.

I would look to trade for Dampiere.

Nazr/Dickau/Ira (SNT) for Damp.

WIth Mussleman at GS, I think he'd really do this deal. Nazr is the type of C they need. Dickau would be good insurance.

WHat we would need would be the Damp Size and rebounding off the bench.

• Premium Member

IF Niether JT or Miller recieves more than 20% of their raise.... Then they can be traded and not be BYC. Moroever, if we were to go into negotiations with a 1 year deal and let them test the market Next year (neither miller or JT will get the money they really want this year). We can promise the world and pay them 19% of a raise for what their making now for 1 year and complete the trade.

My sister died when she was 5. I lost my dad when I was 14 to a massive heart attack. Of course, he left my mom with nothing when I was 2, and never paid child support.

Other people have problems.

You have to decide whether or not you're going to be a victim.

I'm a person of faith despite my past. I believe everything happens for a reason. God does not exist to make my life perfect. He gave me tough times, but my past made me stronger. It made me appreciate what I have. It gave me a perspective that most people in this country don't have. Maybe I can help other people somehow.

Yours did the same for you. You just have to decide what you want to do with it. Will you just be bitter and spiteful and try to make everyone as miserable as you are?

You could do a lot for people. There are people who need you.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't respond well, either. We're only human. You can't be perfect, but you can impress the heck out of me by being positive despite your past. There are still good things in life.

I'm not 100% sure I believe in god.

"You could do a lot for people. There are people who need you.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't respond well, either. We're only human. You can't be perfect, but you can impress the heck out of me by being positive despite your past. There are still good things in life."

I've never seen good things.They've never happend to

me.

I wasn't as hateful and at times as immature back when

I was younger.As I have gotten older I've become a crochy

and bitter person.It's a tough thing to change.

Diesel,

I'm sorry, but I would rather let Big Dog ROT on the bench, then see him start a game.

I think we are a better team without him. Our record backs this assertation up.

He is a waste of a roster space, and I hope we waive him if we can't trade him. His lost salary will be made up in wins because his disharmony would be gone.

Miller might be a decent PG, but he can't stop someone from refusing to pass. And you can't have an offensive set where you are one man short.

Play.