• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will crack under the pressure of Positive day.

Diesel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

disappointed that I missed this, even after it was postponed. Then again, i've seen them many times over the years and they've never been great in concert. His voice just doesn't hold up well live, IMO.

That is true. Last night was no different. However, it rocked ...HARD. A much harder vibe with the new bass and guitar players. They are not as delicate. Definitely not the old Pumpkins, but... it is still very good. The setting was absolutely amazing. The Fox can't be beat for a rock show.

The covered Iron Man and I love rock and roll. At one point, they brought a little kid band up on stage. Billy held a baby at one point. There were like 10 kids onstage. Weird!

I've actually met Billy, Jimmy and D'arcy once. After a show in 93', I think. Jimmy was super cool and Billy was, well... Billy. The man is a musical genius to me, though. That's why they sound so good on cd. He is a perfectionist. But when it comes to live play, they opt for a more fun approach. It's a rock show, not a recreation of the cd.

All in all, it was worth waiting for. Definitely not a fan of the new players, though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

First.

Well I think there are some positvie things with the Hawks this year.

1. Marvin is coming into his own and is a very athletic SF that can get to the line.

2. Horford and Law draft picks this year are contributing right away.

3. I think Sheldon Williams will play an important roll as a off the becnh rebounder and he can score down low.

4. Josh Smith has as much pure talent as anyone in the league!

This is a young team that very well may be in the playoffs this year, I sure hope so. I've been a Hawk fan since 1977, some of you were not even born then. I feel pretty good about this year, maybe some adjustments in the roster around the trading deadline but overall we are looking pretty good.

• Premium Member

12-10-07...

IF we can get the media, Owners, and all involved, Here on Hawksquawk, we have a charitable side bet....

Every person that breaks Positive day...

1. Is banned for 24 Hours.

2. Goes onto the Wall of Shame...

&

3. Willingly pays $10.00 to the Hawksquawk site..

It would be a good way to help keep the site up and running!

Then you can bait people to break the positive day!

w00t.gif