• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State sent an offer for Smoove

Sothron

This is why I brought up the Marvin OR Smooth thread last week. You are not gonna be able to keep both (in the long run) especially since you just added Horford. This information confirms that Atlanta feels like what Marvin is doing is here to stay. Smoov had a great game last night and if he keeps this up, I think GS would eventually give in to a pick. We really need a skill guy in the post guys. We have the luxury of having a bunch of athletic guys that do alot of the same things (some better then others). Smoov happends to be the best of that bunch right now and believe me he is gonna command HUGE dollars in the offseason. Can he be the #2 option on this team everynight? We havnt seen it. Why do you think Joe Johnson is bitching? Cause there is no Other guy.

We need help down low. Let Al go to the 4 and marvin play the 3 and Bierdens play center. We've seen what atlanta is this year....We are young and athletic but we are treading water yall.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one player I would trade Smoove for straight up. We got a our true PF now in Horford. Marvin is a natural SF. JJ is a natural SG. Chill is a great 6th man. Acie started show signs of being a legit PG. Biedrins would finally give us a 7'0 shot blocking and great rebouding center. It would have finally add balance to this team. We have gotta get rid of BK and Woodson. One thing that is hurting this team just as it hurting the Bulls. There is no balance. Unless you got a Paul,Nash, or another elite PG. This running style is just not going to work.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need help down low. Let Al go to the 4 and marvin play the 3 and Bierdens play center. We've seen what atlanta is this year....We are young and athletic but we are treading water yall.

Biedrins will be expensive as well next year, so that needs to be factored in.

Plus, you still have to address the PG position.

Quote:

Quote:

Biedrins will be expensive as well next year, so that needs to be factored in.

Plus, you still have to address the PG position.

I agree. We just got to spread the talent to other positions other then the 3 and the 4. Man he would really give us a boost. I think weve maxed out what we are even with Acie hurt. Zaza just doesnt play any D and Horford is a better 4 then a 5. I dont think anyone can dispute that.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Biedrins is a true center, Horford is a true PF, and Marvin is a true SF who is also a borderline PF. All of them can rebound and play defense, and all of them are team-oriented, and stay inside their role in the offense. If Law comes through at PG, we wouldn't have a weakness, except for head coach.

• Premium Member

It would be stupid to trade Smoove for Biedrins.

Our need for a Center is not that great. Not so much so that we would give up the most marketable player since Dominique.. One who is starting to come into his own and one who's presence on the court makes so great of a difference.

It's stupid. And regardless of if GS don't give up the first. They can give up and unprotected first, what difference will it make if it's #23 overall?

That is a tough call. Six of one and half a dozen of the other. The only reason I'd be in favor of it is the log jam we have at the 3-4 postions. Both Smoove and Marvin are coming on. But Smoove's performance last night was just sick. Hard to part with that. But on the other had I'd love to see us have a real center.

the problem is the coach.

I have to agree with those saying they'd do this deal. Biedrins would complete this team in a lot of ways. Maybe then we could parlay Shelden and expirings into a guy like Andre Miller.

This is probably the best offer we'll get for Smoove. To think he's worth an All Star is just Atlanta fans overvaluing him as usual. I can't blame BK for countering with the draft pick, but I hope this deal gets done one way or another.

I just looked up Biedrins stats this season:

13.1 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 2.1 bpg, .607 fgp.

WE NEED TO DO THIS TRADE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biedrins gives us the size and length we desparately need, he rebounds better than Smoove, he blocks shots at about the same rate, he's still young with upside, and he even scores about the same per game but gives you over .600 percent shooting from the field.

Basically, that means Biedrins could replace Smoove's offensive production without all the terrible shots. And he fits in with our whole quick, long, athletic, and versatile thing because he's athletic and fairly mobile and can run the floor and guard two positions.

With Biedrins and Horford at the 4 and 5 spots, suddenly we would have more size at both those positions than almost any other team we played, but we really wouldn't have much of a drop-off in terms of quickness and athleticism, and we'd probably have a more efficient offense.

I'm down with this - please get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

IN the tradition of HS posters fascination with stiffs. Why would we want a center from a team that believes that Al Harrington is a center?

Because our front office thinks that Al Horford is a center?

Yeah, because his performance the other night when Zaza returned certainly proved that he's a PF rolleyes.gif. He has played great defense and rebounded extremely well at the Center position, I still don't see how y'all think he can't play center, or should play PF because he's just as effective at either position..

Quote:

i don't get the obsession with biedrins

he's a great rebounder for sure; tho horford won't be much worse

he doesn't bring the defense that smoove brings, nor the assists or steals or blocks

he doesn't play the man defense as good as horford

smoove is a very UNIQUE talent and he is only getting better every year...the last two games he showed that he is ready to start driving and not settle for jumpers and as he matures (still only 22), he will become one of the best players in this game

why trade that away?

I totally agree. Biedrins is only a decent player because of the system he plays in. G-State is so small upfront, that if anybody gets a rebound, it's probably going to be him anyway. He's not the type of player whose skills can translate to any team he plays on. Kind of like Boris Diaw.

Or maybe a better example is Al Harrington. Al is averaging 21 ppg - 7 rebs - and is shooting a career high 54% FG right now. If he's that good, we should be trading to get Al back in the mix here.

As far as Biedrins' defense goes, he's slipping in that department so far this season. Right now, opponents have an eFG% of 57% against him. In comparison, Horford is at 52%, Smith, Shelden and Marvin at 48%. Yes, he'll block some shots, but you also have to get stops in this league by plaing good "on-the-ball" defense.

And you pretty much get nothing from Biedrins on offense, unless he puts back offensive rebounds in the hole, or if a PG is setting him up for easy lay-ups. This guy has literally taken ONE SHOT outside of 5 feet from the basket. One.

There is no way in hell that you trade a Josh Smith + a 1st rounder, for that. No way. LOL @ bringing in ANOTHER young guy ( the draft pick ) to this team. That's the last thing we need right now. We need experienced guys that know how to play, and have no problem filling their roles.

There are a lot of obsessions on this board for players who are just marginal players that probably wouldn't help us much, especially if we have to trade a Smoove, Chill, or Marvin to get that player.

Guys like Luke Ridnour, Andre Miller, will not keep us from being an inconsistent team, because . . lol . . they're inconsistent themselves.