• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Horford was having a good game offensively... should of probably seen the ball more.

Do you ever post about a player other than Horford?

Do you ever post about a player not named Horford when the Hawks lose?

He was having a good game and should of seen the ball more, period. Josh Smith was tossing up bricks all game long.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we had a pg who was a threat then he could get Smith the ball where he has an advantage on the defender. That makes things much easier.

Tonight was just horrible. At this point Smith should realize that he should never shoot a J from outside 18 feet. Just give up on the 3s.

As he keeps pushing inside he will learn what a good shots and what aren't. But the long range jumpers really need to go.

Here's my problem with that line of thinking.

Josh Smith has never shown a consistent interest in attacking the rim off the dribble. So asking him to not take jump shots gives you an athletic PF with no post game, high TO's, average rebounding, and great shotblocking.

How is that better than a PF with no post game, high TO's, great rebounding, and average shotblocking? See my point?

I get a kick out of the silly comments they repeat over and over again on NBA 2K8, and there's one about Smith that is such a truism - "if he adds an outside game, he'll be a force in this league." How enlightening.

I'm frightened at the possibility of handing Josh Smith $10M+/year at this point. And I'm also starting to give some credence to the rumors that he's playing selfishly.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Horford was having a good game offensively... should of probably seen the ball more.

Do you ever post about a player other than Horford?

Do you ever post about a player not named Horford when the Hawks lose?

He was having a good game and should of seen the ball more, period. Josh Smith was tossing up bricks all game long.

And i said as much. Smith was just as bad today as he was good last game.

Zaza was my favorite whipping boy last year and he is showing why now. I dogged Blo Wright a lot too but mercifully he hasn't played this year.

It was nice to see Horford only make one turnover, even if it was one that most 10 year olds wouldn't make. uglyhammer.gif

The key to his game on offense will be that 15-18 footer. If he can make that shot at a 40-45% rate it will force guys to come out on him and open up a lot of opportunities to get to the basket.

We weren't going to beat the Spurs tonight no matter what. They just toyed with us. They have a big game tomorrow against Orlando and they were resting TD as much as they could for that game.