• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Who will be Tech's coach?

DrReality

Unless there is a total meltdown in the Clemson Bowl Game, Tommy isn't going to be available. He just secured his job another year after this past weekend.

*Whoops, sorry thought you said Tommy, nevermind.

Quote:

Terry B. would be the logical choice IMO if he is ready to go. Grab him while the Bowden name still has some clout and can get folks excited and get recruits interested.

I've always liked Terry. Even when he was at Auburn. I don't know if he has the desire. He's been chewed up by the machine and seems to be pretty happy on the outside.

Now, Houston Nutt would be absolutely perfect for Tech. The man coaches his @ss off during games. I know he can recruit better than Gailey, too. He would be the spark that the Tech program needs. Gailey has seemed lifeless. Nutt is the polar opposite of that. Tech really needs to move on him, imo.

• Moderators

Quote:

Now, Houston Nutt would be absolutely perfect for Tech. The man coaches his @ss off during games. I know he can recruit better than Gailey, too. He would be the spark that the Tech program needs. Gailey has seemed lifeless. Nutt is the polar opposite of that. Tech really needs to move on him, imo.

He was already hired by Ole Miss.

Quote:

Quote:

He was already hired by Ole Miss.

DAMN! He was on the market for what, 5 minutes? I'm a Bama guy. Like we needed any more competition. It makes since. He stays in the recruiting base that he is familiar with. Excellent hire for Ole Miss.

Radio guys said that the offer ARk made to him was not really legit. More of a PR move so they wouldn't look bad, but in effect they were showing him the door. So he followed their lead and landed on his feet. I'm happy for him and the school. Don't think ARk will find anyone better.

Quote:

Hopefully the Techies overlook Chris Hatcher as you guys are doing.

Unfortuntately from what I hear that is not the case though.

frown.gif

Not so fast, my friend. I haven't studied Hatcher but his resume looks like a Jim Tressel to me. That was a hire that many Buckeyes fans hated at the time. They certainly don't now. Do you know about him or are you just speculating because of his resume?

I like what I've read about him and the AJC said that with the better athletes he recruits here he will run an offense more like West Va. That's exciting. Also said they need to keep the guy who has done a lot of the recruiting. Sounds like they have a plan that could work. Time will tell.

Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, N.C. is the

school where the GT coach went to school.

He coached at Georgia Southern, I believe, before he

went to Navy.

Being around in the area, he knows about the Bulldogs

VS the Yellow Jackets rivalry. He sure made Navy

the constant winner over Army in their big rivalry.

Can he bring the same thing to Ga./Ga Tk? Maybe.

Seems things may be looking up for the Yellow Jackets.

thumb3d.gif