• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

On the Orlando Broadcast...

Diesel

• Premium Member

They said that the Spirit gave Woody the first 20 games to evaluate his job....

At 10-10 with wins over Dallas, Phoenix, and Orlando...

and a 3 game win streak in the making...

I think Woody might get another 20.

• Premium Member

At the end of the game, the Orlando person interviewed JJ... He pissed JJ off and you can clearly see it.

He said "Last year, Smith was an allstar.... How do you fell ....."

When he said Smith was an allstar you can look at JJ's facial expression and it was like "Damnit, I was the allstar!!"..

• Premium Member

Yeah, they gave "props" to the hawks defense. Listening to them, I was like: Damn, I didn't know we were that good. 1st in defense of the three point line?? Is that because we allow so many 2s?

We have to do better with defensive rebounding.

Quote:

Yeah, they gave "props" to the hawks defense. Listening to them, I was like: Damn, I didn't know we were that good. 1st in defense of the three point line?? Is that because we allow so many 2s?

We have to do better with defensive rebounding.

Why were you guys listening to the Orlando broadcasters? Why not the TV or 790Zone broadcasters?

Rathbun had the funniest line last night. When Horford fell on the broadcasters table, Scott aided Horford to get up and pushed him to the court. Rathbun said that must be the first assists of Scott's career. People were falling out of their chairs laughing.

• Moderators

Quote:

Rathbun had the funniest line last night. When Horford fell on the broadcasters table, Scott aided Horford to get up and pushed him to the court. Rathbun said that must be the first assists of Scott's career. People were falling out of their chairs laughing.

That was a great line!

they didn't flat out say that, they said that they heard something about Woody and co. having the first 20 or so games to be evaluated. I don't put any more stock into that than when any announcer says something about a player on our team or about our team in particular because quite often they prove themselves to be ignorant. Smitty does the same from time to time so it's not just other teams, but because of our being out of the limelight for so long our players and coaches aren't as well known in the national media.

As for our staff I would say they have done a good job this year. Had Smoove committed to playing the entire season the way he has the past 4-5 games we would probably be 15-5 or around that mark. If anyone should be held accountable in a negative way this year it should be our trainers as it's becoming an annual thing for us to have guys miss lots of games due to injury and of course that's not entirely their fault but there is no doubt that it can't just be bad luck that this happens every year.

Quote:

so your emplying that johnson is not happy with smoove on his way to becoming better than him. so what that dude said on realgm might make alot more since.

I don't think that was the reason why JJ may have been ticked off. It's the fact that JJ was the all-star, but the guy didn't even know it, that might have ticked off JJ.

If you were an all-state player in high school, and in the following season, someone interviews you after a game and mistakenly credits one of your teammates as being the all-state player . . when you know that you were the all-state player and not him . . I'd bet you'd be a little pissed too.

Quote:

At the end of the game, the Orlando person interviewed JJ... He pissed JJ off and you can clearly see it.

He said "Last year, Smith was an allstar.... How do you fell ....."

When he said Smith was an allstar you can look at JJ's facial expression and it was like "Damnit, I was the allstar!!"..

He didnt really look mad to me.

His facial expression was more suprised like, "Wait, a second, Smoove wasnt an all-star." Then, he didnt really know to correct him or not (and wisely didnt).

Dude didnt really do his research with a question like that. He was asking some decent questions tho. Joe gave props to Smoove.

Quote:

Quote:

That was a great line!

Even Dennis Scott was laughing at it. Since we've started winning the broadcasters have alittle more life in them.