• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody watch American Gladiators

Plainview1981

I watched some of it, wish they could have gotten another host besides Hulk Hogan. I also noticed that they didn't seemed to want any steroid looking female gladiators on there this time around as opposed to back in the 80's & 90's where the female gladiators were way bigger than the female contestants.

"...Go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up! Go back to bed America, here's American Gladiators. Here's 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their f**king skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free, to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you." - Bill Hicks, Revelations, 1993

Quote:

and I'm sure nobody will watch the how chicks on there. Crush and Venom are both worth watching the show for. It's a hell of a lot better than American Idol or any nonsense like that too.

Man I wish I had your gift.

I'm going to download a program at home. I'm a little wary about using the editing at work.

How long did it take you to make General Woody?

Dude I don't have a gift, it's just doing it over and over and over and over and ... I never used a computer in my life until I got out of the Army in 2001 ... but thanks for the compliment. I can't wait for you guys to start using the new site which I believe will be any day now.

The General Woody pic took about 10 minutes. Once you figure out how to photochop an image together it becomes fairly easy, just follow the steps. There are plenty of photoshop tutorials out there on the web, more than anyone could ever do and lots of great photoshop for photographer books so if you really want to learn how to do that kinda stuff I would say invest in photoshop and just go crazy doing tutorials. With the amount of time you probably spend putting those game threads together I'm sure you are dedicated enough to do it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Laila Ali annoys me because she acts like she's an all-time boxing great or something. She's an average boxer who's the daughter of a legend.

Give me crush!

I used to think that until I actually watched her a few times. Her size is terribly underrepresented outside of the ring. IN the ring, she's huge and strong!!! As far as females go, she just might be the best ever. I remember there used to be a spunky women's champ from WV.. She was a tough coalminer type girl (Christy Martin). Ali crowed her and totally dominated her like she has done everybody else. She has outclassed most of the boxers I have seen her face...

Ali vs. Martin

She's the greatest. Now if Crush could pass the piss test, I think it'd be interesting. It's definitely a match sizewise, but Boxing is a sweet science.

Ummm, yeah .... I would take a badass MMA fighter over a boxer any day in a fight. An MMA fighter can beat you in a variety of ways. As soon as Crush starting kicking Ali she would be completely taken out of her game because she has never faced anything like that before.

• Premium Member

It's been done before.

They put Erin Toughhill in the boxing ring with Ali. Ali damn near broke her nose... or maybe she did break her nose.

And Toughhill is supposed to be a good MMA fighter.

Same thing would happen to Crush. If you put her in a boxing Ring. She would get pulverized too. For as good as a striker that she probably could be, she's not a boxer. Striking is great when you have those thin gloves on and you're hitting knuckle to face. But did you ever consider how many times or how you have to hit somebody to knock them out with a boxing glove on? There's so much padding on a boxing glove that one regular strike (unscientifically placed) won't do it. Most boxing Knockout artists are not that by luck. It's a great amount of skill involved. Hence, if you put Crush in a boxing ring with boxing gloves on... By the 3rd round, she done. What I mean by that is she will prolly tire out from defending, attacking with just her arms, she will lower her defenses and Ali will go to work. However, if you put Ali in a MMA fight... I've never seen Ali throw a Knee or a kick or grapple so I will say she'd probably lose there.

I didn't mean have them both boxing or both fighting MMA style. I'm talking about a fight, as in 2 pissed off chicks fighting each other with bare hands and anything goes. No way a boxer would win that fight without some serious luck because as soon as the grappler gets inside and gets the boxer to the ground it would be all she wrote for the boxer.

It's pretty simple really. Boxers would win in boxing, MMA people would win in MMA. No rules fighting is closer to MMA so MMA people would probably win, unless the boxers can land that one clean hit first. At the end of the day, boxers aren't trained for what to do when somebody dives at your legs. I hope to god that Mayweather does not go to MMA. I'm a big boxing fan and he will embarass himself.

As for Ali, I admittedly don't follow women's boxing, but my understanding is that she always fought older girls and/or smaller opponents that wouldn't be much of a challenge. I probably overstated it by saying she was average, but she's far from the all-time best.

Ah, I just looked up her Wikipedia and found this blurb that confirms what I heard:

Other top women's boxing champions such as Ann Wolfe {24-1), Vonda Ward (22-1), Leatitia Robinson (15-0 pro; 37-1 am), and Ragosina (15-0) have claimed in interviews that they have challenged Laila Ali many times over the years, but Laila has always found ways of avoiding them. Boxing writers and fans have repeatedly expressed disappointment in Ali's failure to fight the top contenders over the years.