• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solo plays 19 min.-- 'Change of heart ' by Woody?

HAWKS1986

Shelden gets a DNP along with Lorenzen. And Solo comes in and gets significant minutes for the first time this year, and if I am not mistaken, he even played in the first quarter..

Solo took six shots, had six points and seven rebounds (6 offensive)

Is this a 'change of heart' and will signal a change in how Coach Woodson views Solo and Shelden moving forward?

It will be nice to see him get some more playing time. If he put some glue on those hands and snatch those rebounds. He would likely get more playing time. Plus he give the team another shotblocker out there when Smoove isn't in.

If King Solomon continue to play hard in practice. He should get some more playing time. For now though I have to credit his playing due to the foul trouble of Horford and Smoove. This does bring up something else. Shelden must have really pissed Woodson off to not get any playing in this game.

He should have never been in the dog house.

He's basically built like the core of this team: Long and athletic.

I posted in one thread how if you count his standing reach and vertical, Solomon Jones actually has the highest extension in the entire NBA. It's over Amare, Dwight, Yao, everybody.

He's listed with a freaking 38' inch vert folks.

His 3/4 court sprint is barely under that of many SFs. The guy is a freak of nature on paper and it's ridiculous that he doesn't get the playing time. I know he has to gain some weight but he's too sick of a specimen to not get minutes.

If not for our foul trouble today on the frontline, I don't think Solo plays morte than 5 minutes today. And the fact that the Bulls have post people our size, it was probably a better option to put Solo in over Lorenzen. Shelden should be more concerned than anybody.

Solo might play against Denver, only to offset Camby's and Melo's athleticism. Even with that though, h probably doesn't play a lot, unless guys are in foul trouble.

According to the announcers on 790...Solo got playing time because Woody thought he would be a better match-up than Shelden against TThomas and Joe Smith. I can understand since those guy have lenth and jumping ability and Shelden doesn't. Shelden needs to learn how to play like Ben Wallace and Udionis (sp)in order to be a factor in the NBA.

It's about time he got some burn.

Although I don't like Woody's reasoning for not playing Shelden. He may not be as atheletic as thomas or joesmith but he's a professional, I would have put Shelden in at least for a little bit. I think he's stronger than at least joe smith so he could have used that.

but it's great that SoLo got some love, he needs more time. Honestly it's in Woody's best interest to play ZaZa, Lo, Shelden AND SoLo in every game at least a little bit unless one of them is really tearing it up. It's an advantage to be able to continue to throw out different TYPES of big men out there against the opposing team. It takes a while for opposing teams's big men to get used to playing someone. Keep them on their toes...

from the AJC

the bench, stuck behind the likes of Al Horford, Josh Smith, Shelden Williams and Zaza Pachulia. He was the man on the spot against the Bulls, however, playing a season-high 18 minutes and grabbing seven rebounds and scoring six points. "In a game like this, I thought Solomon was a better fit," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "They're very athletic with [Tyrus] Thomas and Joe Smith. Solomon, for a guy who hasn't played all season . . . really stepped up."

You have to give credit to Sole in that he's payed his dues and learned. Showed it on the court, and it's hard to say that Shelden's learning curve has remained steep.

Solo is a Tyrus Thomas kind of guy. Play the SOB.

Quote:

It's baffling to me why Woody sees Solo as a liability on defense, but doesn't see it with Lue.

Or how about someone who plays the same position in Zaza Pachulia.

Zaza is useless on both ends of the floor. He doesn't strike any fear in any player as they attack the basket.

Solo could alter/block shots.

And as much as we bought Shelden in for defense, he is so helpless sometimes on rebounds because of how short and unathletic he is