• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

King Solomon looked big out there today

Dexmethylphenidate

• Premium Member

Quote:

At first, I thought he was Horford. King Solomon has definitely gotten a lot bigger and stronger. He could be our defensive big that know his role offensively. Woody has got to use him more often.

You can tell that LoWright has been working with him as well. I think it's fair to assume he'll replace Wright on the chart soon, and most definitely for next season.

IOW, he'll save the Hawks $2.5M.

Yes, Solomon Jones looked a little thicker than I expected. And I know the stats won't look great, but he played well. He wasnt a foul machine, played solid and more importantly, didnt play overly excited.

I wonder why Woody all of a sudden decided to put him in and not Shelden.

Here's to hoping he gets more burn. Solomon has all the tools physically to play the game for us, it's a matter of getting experience and getting the mental part of the game down.

To be honest we have quite a bit of depth at the C position. We could be either showcasing him for a trade or possibly giving him some reps in anticipation of trading Shelden or maybe ZaZa.

I'm all for giving Jones a shot.

Quote:

At first, I thought he was Horford. King Solomon has definitely gotten a lot bigger and stronger. He could be our defensive big that know his role offensively. Woody has got to use him more often.

I'm glad he's getting a chance. He looked very promising last year, and can only get better with minutes. With ZaZa and co. struggling, why not play him?

I simply don't understand Woody's doghouse. What could Solo possibly have done between the last game and today to get this PT? I'm sure it's very hard for players to understand exactly how to earn PT in coaches "system".

I know Solomon was one of the best athletes in his draft, and that in college he seemed to have a natural shot blocking timing. I assumed he wasn't playing because he was still too raw, and that if he outplayed Blo and Shell in practice he would play in the games as well. Should a coach just give a player a chance if he is getting outplayed by NBA scrubs in practice? No.

Hopefully he was in the "doghouse" but I doubt it. I like to believe that our coach will actually play the best players, and not sit players because they give attitude. If a player has enough talent a coach will play him regardless. To believe our coach just has/had it out for him is a little out there to me.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I simply don't understand Woody's doghouse. What could Solo possibly have done between the last game and today to get this PT? I'm sure it's very hard for players to understand exactly how to earn PT in coaches "system".

I think it had to do with two things:

1. Ben Wallace is a non-factor on offense, so you're not as worried about foul trouble.

2. Josh Smith's foul trouble took away the shot blocking that had caused the Bulls problems in the 1st half.

I told you guys that he couldn't do worse than Pachulia.

At least he can potentially alter/block shots was my line of thinking considering his length and athleticism.

When I watched the highlights I was shocked. And then I saw he was in mutliple highlights I was thinking WTF did he play big minutes?

When I saw he nearly played 20 minutes I was floored.

How did this happen? Did Woody get a clue or is everybody injured?