• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The East stinks again . . .

Packfill

Thank goodness the Hawks are not in the West as they would have no shot at the playoffs. But in the East, the Hawks really have no excuse to not make the playoffs. Look at some of those teams that will be vying for the 7th and 8th seed - they all have huge holes.

37 or so victories is likely enough to make the playoffs in the East.

• Premium Member

The East is terrible, and the West has never been so strong... There are four games separating the eighth seed from the #1 seed out West and Utah who would be one game out of third place in the East is currently not in the top eight... If anything the Western Conference playoff games will be extremely entertaining this year with basically every match-up right now being between similar quality teams. New Orleans, LA (maybe not so much now that Bynum is injured), San Antonio, Dallas, and Utah all have a good shot at making the finals... In the East I would say Detroit is the heavy favorite to make the finals with Boston having a decent chance. Everyone else you can pretty much write off. (At least judging from what has happened so far in the season)

• Moderators

I agree that when you look at the standings you think man the east stinks. Then Denver comes to town and I think man Denver sucks. They didn't even try to play defense the first 3 and half quarters and Karl nor the annoucers seemed to care or think it out of the ordinary.