• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in Tailspin Downward/Woodson Culprit or Not?

Highpozt

Is this 4 game losing streak the real Hawks, or is the 5 game winning streak the real Hawks. I actually believe we are the combination of both 4 loses 5 wins over and over this year. This basically means a 35 to 45 win team. The question is as Mark Bradley said, why aren't the Hawks better. They have less wins than a few teams with equal are less talent. Portland and Washington come to mind. Are we back to Woodson as the culprit??? His ability to mix and match his talents. His ability to develop young players. His ability to make a mentally and physically tough team. Rumors are that Za Za and Woodson got into a shouting match. Za Za has slipped way down from last year. Pat Riley is considered one of the best in the game and he has 14 loses and counting. I say that to state is the NBA coaches role overrated?? Is it more important to have a floor leader?? Joe is the Hawks veteran leader. JJ has been more vocal this year and the Hawks are better than the have been in a few years. Is that a direct reflection of a floor leader?? The Hawks don't look very good right now.

I voted lack of a true center which is the closest thing I saw to LACK of BOXING OUT. I dont want to rant about this again but we let some sorry shorter players get rebounds on the offensive glass vs us at the worst times. I know there are other things we do wrong but this one irks me because with an ounce of player effort and will to play the right way its very correctable.

Yes that irks me also ---- Al Horford is an enforcer on the glass rebounding, but not in regards to blocking shots and intimidating. Maybe because he is 6'10" and really much more suited as a PF. However I still believe Hawks need a enforcer in the middle. I think Horford can remain the starter. But at times we just need a intimidator in the middle. The Hawks defense has really looked lethargic over the last 4 games.

this one's easy....

BAD COACH!!!!!

Our lack of adequate coaching effects ALL the players on the court. Sure a quality C or PG would be nice, but who the heck is going to want to come here and play for this dumbas* and his crew of incompetents? Not to mention the ownership mess we have. I sincerely believe we could have 10 more wins right now with a better coach out there at the helm.

The vote states most agree with you, although there are several others that stated lack of 1st string PG, Team leadership on the floor and lack of a true center as the reason for bad play. The one that is not been chosen is LACK OF TALENT. That indicates to me that the Hawks have the talent to be a lot better than they are. Even with what I am calling the Shelden Williams disaster, Hawks still have some good pieces with talent. How Long does management give Woodson???? the second half of the season is quickly approaching.

Quote:

The vote states most agree with you, although there are several others that stated lack of 1st string PG, Team leadership on the floor and lack of a true center as the reason for bad play. The one that is not been chosen is LACK OF TALENT. That indicates to me that the Hawks have the talent to be a lot better than they are. Even with what I am calling the Shelden Williams disaster, Hawks still have some good pieces with talent. How Long does management give Woodson???? the second half of the season is quickly approaching.

The Hawks have a good amount of talent overall, just not in the right places.

• Moderators

I've been blaming Woody for the last 2 years, but watching last night's game its hard to not fault the players. They played inconsistent on both ends. Marvin was pitiful, Lue was himself, Acie and Shelden did squat, Solo looked good but often lost on defense but what do you expect. Smoove's stats look great but lots of bonehead plays. These guys just aren't bringing it and I'm not sure they know how.

Did you see the clip of Shelden from last year getting to the line against Denver. When was the last time we saw him move that quickly?

the answer isnt on the list.....we cannot score...every single game we go through a long stretch where we cannot get the ball in the bucket...it starts off as a short stretch and then the players become frustrated so then it gets longer...

honestly, if acie law could start AND shoot the 3 consistently (as much as lue can hit it), we'd be much better..

but in any case our offense is terrible.

This leaves the question of who besides JJ is a bonafied scorer. Josh Smith is a all around contributer but he is not a scorer. Marvin, and Childress are similiar in that they are good players but not scorers. When I say scorer I think of a player that can get a high percentage shot against any one on one situation. JJ Can but who else? Teamseams know that at the end of the game shut down JJ and no one else is going to really create a shot off the dribble. Particularly we dont have a player that you can give a low post pass and he can create (just ask Shelden, Za Za, Solo, LoWright) Horsford is our best shot at a low post scorer and as good as he has been his low post scoring needs work. Celtics have three that can create there own offense. Suns Have 4 maybe 5 with Barbosa, Nuggets have 2 at least, Miami has one and look at their record. Spurs have 3 Manu, Parker and Duncan Nets really have 1 although many say Kidd and Carter with Jefferson make 3 but look at their record. Point Being one it is very hard to win when every team knows you have one scorer. The question is who is even close to being the #2 scorer? I would have to go with JSmith but he has to get a jump shot.