• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Hawksquawk Mock Draft 03 - Sign up

Admin

Gotta be signed up by 8pm EST tonight....had to extend it a bit since we dont have 29 GMs yet......otherwise quite a few GMs are going to have multiple teams.

Hotlanta where are you at? You not gonna do this again? Weaseldom you not interested either? How about Kudzu or Chillz? JayWalker where are you at man?

I'd love to...but I'm spennding all my time studying for the [censored] boards and don't know if I'd have time to do good research for a team, which is how it outta be done (people actually trying to make good picks).

Chillz - the easiest thing to do in order to eliminate some congestion is take Cleveland, Houston, and Denver out of the draft - because you know who they're going to take and they dont have any other firsts (though that does cuase a problem in the second round, going ot the 37th as stated).

it's really just a time constraint for me

You know, thats a good point about not having the first 3 picks, but adding 9 hours more time to the total draft (34 more picks) only adds about 15 more minutes per pick for each GM and that would kinda mess up the time table. Really though, there could be a chance that Denver ends up trading their pick (maybe a good chance) so that really only guarantees the first 2 picks. There wont be much excitement for those 2 picks in this mock draft, but its easier to do that than to just add 15 minutes more onto each GM's time frame.

Weasel what boards are you studying for? Are you in the military?

By the way I am running this draft, which is going to become an annual thing. I havent heard anything from Chillz or Kudzu (the Admins here) about doing it so I am taking it upon myself again this year so if anyone has any questions about this draft please direct them to me.

don't forget that Detroit has a pick later in the draft (which is why I didn't include them in that list). I wasn't bringing it up so much as to add more time, but rather to cut down the number of needed gm's by one or two...boston and detroit have two picks right, I know houston doesn't ahve a first rounder - there should be another team by that math

boards = step one of the united states medical licensing exam (USMLE). supposed to take it before I start third year of med school, i.e. working fulltime in the hospital in three weeks. There's two more steps at later dates, if I want to practice once I get out of here. it's essentially a summation of everthing that I'm supposed to have learned in the first two years of med school (sorry for the long explanation).

Hey I appreciate the ideas, all are welcome. The way that its going to work is that each GM will be assigned to a team so that some GMs will have 2 teams, but all 29 teams I believe are represented so we still need 29 GMs if we can get them, but if not no biggie.

Luckily I miscalculated the time a little bit so I went ahead and set it up so that the first pick of the mock will be the 4th pick and since Denver only has 1 pick thats 1 less GM that we need. Funny how mistakes can actually work out a little better........

Well good luck on your medical boards. Sounds like a lot of tough work.