• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I finally see why we should have Chris Paul

Highpozt

I have watched the New Orleans Hornet go to the top of the list in a super tough Western Conference for two reasons. The Hawks missed on both of the reasons. First CHRIS PAUL (averaging 20 points and 10 assist) the consummate point guard he passes when he needs to, he calls the right plays at the right time, he feeds the hot player and he scores when they forget about him. Yes AJ and Lue are serviceable and steady but they are steady at about 3 notches below the level of Chris Paul or even Daron Williams. The second reason is BYRON SCOTT. Even after the Hawks saw him take the Nets to the championship twice they absolutely ignored him as a coaching candidate. Byron has the Hornets looking awesome they run some of the best play sets you will ever see. They had the Spurs in so many mis-matches it was laughable. The Hawks missed on both of these talents. I don't state we should have Chris Paul because I don't like Marvin Williams. In fact I am glad we have him. What I am saying is until we get a coach who can develop a point guard because (lets face it Lue and AJ are peaked0 we are going to struggle. Now the question is can Acie Law and Salim be developed into the type of paint guards this team needs?? I think Acie definitely, I am not sure about Salim. Salim does have raw talent but not necessarily natural point guard instincts

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have watched the New Orleans Hornet go to the top of the list in a super tough Western Conference for two reasons. The Hawks missed on both of the reasons. First CHRIS PAUL (averaging 20 points and 10 assist) the consummate point guard he passes when he needs to, he calls the right plays at the right time, he feeds the hot player and he scores when they forget about him. Yes AJ and Lue are serviceable and steady but they are steady at about 3 notches below the level of Chris Paul or even Daron Williams. The second reason is BYRON SCOTT. Even after the Hawks saw him take the Nets to the championship twice they absolutely ignored him as a coaching candidate. Byron has the Hornets looking awesome they run some of the best play sets you will ever see. They had the Spurs in so many mis-matches it was laughable. The Hawks missed on both of these talents. I don't state we should have Chris Paul because I don't like Marvin Williams. In fact I am glad we have him. What I am saying is until we get a coach who can develop a point guard because (lets face it Lue and AJ are peaked0 we are going to struggle. Now the question is can Acie Law and Salim be developed into the type of paint guards this team needs?? I think Acie definitely, I am not sure about Salim. Salim does have raw talent but not necessarily natural point guard instincts

I remember people gave Kidd the credit for those NJ teams and talked about how Scott was not a good coach...

Well!!

In addition to that they brought in Lawrence Franks and decided he was a great coach after Byron constructed the championship team.

The Hawks have got to get Acie or Salim ready to play. AJ is steady for now, but he is lacking the set up skills that we need. Lue is a better shooter but also is low on set up skills. Besides both are a low enough threat on the scoring side driving to the hoop, to effectively draw and kick. I think Acie has the skill set, but he seems to be lacking confidence. He needs JJ to do for him what Labron did to Daniel Gibson last year during the playoffs --- making him ready for all the open shots he can stand. Labron would kick it to Gibson and it was target practice. I hope Acie is working on that open jumper because JJ sure can draw and kick. I partly give coach Mike Brown (Labron to Gibson) and Coach (Byron Scott) Chris Paul to West the credit for recognizing the dynamic and giving the green light. The Hawks with Woodson have yet to find that money combination. It is Joe Johnson on the isolation with no one to kick to when he is doubled.

Quote:

Eddie Jordan was credited with the success of those Nets teams, and rightfully so.

Byron took what he learned from Eddy to NO - and it sure has helped Byron that once again he has the best PG in the league on his team.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky then good. Unfortunately for the Hawks, Woody is neither lucky nor good. Same for BK.

• Premium Member

Then what would we start threads about?

BK is a joke - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Zaza stinks - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Woody is no goody - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Lue is garbage - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

JJ doesn't look like he is in shape/ is healthy/ gives a damn - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Josh Smith should stop shooting - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Brandon Roy pick over Shelden was the worst call I've ever seen -

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

The ASG are the worst owners since the old Donald Stirling - Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

We need a shooter Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

We have no depth Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

You know... it's not a good sign for the Hawks when one can name 10 huge absurdly redundant problems of the top of ones head...

Quote:

Then what would we start threads about?

BK is a joke -

Zaza stinks -

Woody is no goody -

Lue is garbage -

JJ doesn't look like he is in shape/ is healthy/ gives a damn -

Josh Smith should stop shooting -

Brandon Roy pick over Shelden was the worst call I've ever seen -

The ASG are the worst owners since the old Donald Stirling -

We need a shooter

Atlholic: I like your post, you should post more often.

Ever been in the program?

We have no depth

You know... it's not a good sign for the Hawks when one can name 10 huge absurdly redundant problems of the top of ones head...