Your thoughts on Charlie Villaneuva....

TheDude

He's a high school kid that hasn't decided whether to stay in draft or go to school...The reason he intrigues me is because while Lebron was playing h.s. ball, I had read a few articles that said if Lebron hadn't been there then this kid would have been the top h.s. recruit. This was during the h.s./college bball season.

Could this guy be a special player that's flying under the radar? Or have I missed something and he's already considered a top 1st rounder.

Anybody know anything about this kid?

american game.

The guy got skills. He was posting highschoolers up like it aint no thang. He also hit a half-court shot in the game (it was a buzzer beater). He has good range at the high school level. He has a good allaround game.

His BIGGEST concern is his attitude. Several sources say that hes not the easiest guy to coach, got attitude problems, and his work ethic isint all that great.

Hes 6'9" 215 lbs. He can either take u with his speed, or shoot over u with his height. Hes an above-average passer so he could turn out to be like the Lamar Odom type.

In my opinion, he should go to a big basketball-program college w/ a TOUGH MEAN COACH that will straighten him up.

Wait a few years and he'd be a lottery pick...

What I gather from weaseldom's insider postings, is that although GM's think he has alot of talent he has the wrong attitude. His workout in chicago was lackluster and after just a few minutes the hall emptied to go elsewhere.

It seems he already has star allures and isn't giving it all during workouts.

There was an article that he'd go to uconn upcoming season instead of staying in the draft, but he has till 5 pm today to withdraw from the early entry list so then we'll know more.

To the best of my knowledge though, Luol Deng was the 2nd most wanted recruit of the HS'ers after LeBron James and he has signed with Duke for upcoming season.

Lang, Ebi, Outlaw, Perkins and Villaneuva in the top 10.

I saw him play in a couple High School All-Star games. What I noticed first off is that he doesn't play with much fire. Skill wise, he is fairly versatile but doesn't do anything really well. He's a descent athlete but not particularly explosive. I don't think he has a really good pro upside but he could be very effective in College because he can score on the perimeter and in the paint.

I think people put too much stock into what Chad Ford says at ESPN Insider. He does a fair job, but I don't think he gets around and knows as many people on the inside that he lets on. I think he really tries to pump up some players while downplaying others as well, trying to see if he can actually influence something I guess.