• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DDT 6/20... Let's get Vince

Diesel

• Premium Member

Yes, I think it's time for Vince to part company with Toronto. He's no longer happy there and they don't trust him for 5 more years.

His BYC Status ends on July 26 of this year which is when this trade should go through.

He's been injured so his stock is not as high as it once was. Same injury so there's a legitimate reason for teams to not offer equal value. BUT, I'm about a fair trade.

One thing that's obvious when looking at Toronto's Roster is that they have some guys who will never Ever play out their contracts full worth.

So, the deal I propose is:

Theo/JT(SNT)/Dickau to Toronto for Hakeem/Vince Carter/Micheal Bradley.

What do we get:

Salary.

We get to use our 21 pick on a PG.

We get to seek out a FA (Kenny Anderson).

I think we can deal with what's left:

Anderson/Carter/Grob/SAR/Nazr.

I hate seeing JT go. I hate seeing Theo go. I'd rather GRob and or SAR go before either of those two, but in dealing with bball as a business, that trades' feasible and realisticly in the best interest of the franchise. good trade.

• Premium Member

Actually,

Dickau is not just trade Filler. He fits that description salarywise, but Toronto will also need some PG help. I suspect, Oneil could probably play JT as a SG. He has Williams there as PG and AW is 6'4 and about 209... He can matchup against Most SGs with meager success. Only guys like Kobe, Tmac, and Houston will give him problems, but [censored], who don't they give Problems.

Toronto has Hunter under contract but his contract is ending and Dickau would be an excellent understudy. A guy that can come in and contribute 15-20 after Hunter is gone.

About Health. The Health of a player is not dictated by the Leaugue. Many retiring players get traded. Look at the rush for Tyrell Brandon. IF both teams agree, the League doesn't interfere.

IF they were to part with Vince, I'm sure they would want Reef in return. I know I would if I were Toronto. That being said, a lineup of:

Theo

Davis

Lamond Murray/JYD

Alvin Williams/Mo Pete

JT

would be pretty good.

All that is moot though due to the fact that Carter is a BYC1 player. I don't think we can trade for him unless some kind of 3 way deal is worked out.

• Premium Member

VC's BYC Status comes off the books on July 1, 2003. I say that's a perfect time to make such a trade.

I think this trade remedy's their problems. Theo would play much better besides a Big PF like AD (for the time being). JT would be more effective with a guy like AW playing SG.

I think for us, it remedies our problem.... Fanbase.

I think Chemistry wise, we'd still need leadership... BUT we'd have a product fans would want to see.

What about Reef/Dog for Vince/Davis? Would that work?

Theo/Nazr

Davis/Hendu

DJ/Ira

Vince/DG

JT/DD

Add the best player available at #21.

The problem is that I don't think that really helps Toronto.

Dream/McCoy/N'dyiae (that's bad)

Reef/JYD

Dog/Murray

Mo Pete/Lenard

#4 (TJ Ford)/Williams/Hunter

They would have to pick up a Center with the MCE unless they reached for Kaman at #4. Still, I don't think they would do it.

I think your proposal of Theo/JT/DD for Vince/Dream/Bradley is good for us, I just don't think TOR will have the guts to trade Vince unless they get a big name in return. Good proposal though.

You'd really trade Reef, an 80 game, 20 ppg, 8 rpg guy for Carter, a guy who lives on the injured reserve list?

Do you think it would really put people in the seats so that they could watch the back of VC on the Atlanta bench?

I don't. If you're gonna give up Reef, at least get someone who can actually suit up.

Vince definitely needs to get tougher but from a talent standpoint, he's twice the player Reef is. Vince CAN carry a team when he's healthy and playing with confidence.

That doesn't even take into account the fact that he is the type of guy who people love to see. If he gets back to playing aggressively as he did a few seasons ago, he could be the NBA's most exciting player.

Finally, the trade was simply make us better.

Theo/Nazr

Davis/Hendu

DJ/Ira (or vice versa)

Vince/DG

JT/DD

Add Jarvis Hayes, Aleksandr Pavlovic, Reece Gaines, David West etc at #21 and we would be a better than we are now from both a chemistry and a talent standpoint. No more ballhandling issues in the backcourt because Vince has great handles and no more size issues in the frontcourt because Davis is stronger, tougher and a much better defender than Reef.