• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are Broke!!! Get over it

Rexhawk

Anytime you have an ownership that fires the CFO and CEO due to financial reason (e.g. save money) it is clear that we are broke. We have no money to acquire players through trades. That is why there hasn't been the slightest rumor of a Hawks trade. Management told us during the summer that the only additions would be draft pick.

Get over the Gasol trade

Quote:

Anytime you have an ownership that fires the CFO and CEO due to financial reason (e.g. save money) it is clear that we are broke. We have no money to acquire players through trades. That is why there hasn't been the slightest rumor of a Hawks trade. Management told us during the summer that the only additions would be draft pick.

Get over the Gasol trade

Yeah, and just keep eating crap and supporting the team. You might like the taste of crap, but other people don't.

Essentially the owners cannot afford the team. They all pooled together because none of them had the means alone.

And, their incompetant on top of broke...which is why Knight and Woodson still have a job. If Woodson gets an extension it will be because he works cheap.

Face it, Hawks fans are screwed.

You are in denial my friend. You can complain and waste time on this message board, but there will be no major moves until this team is sold. They needed mulitple partners to buy the team and now thay are splintered and tied up in litigation. Stop being a fan and become a realist.

Quote:

Which means they will be looking to dump contracts . . . . maybe for draft picks? Even if we trade it would mean we wouldn't want to take back salary $$$$.

Well DrR...I hope they at least do get a pick or two. At least that makes the draft fun. Of course I suppose they could also just let the contracts expire and sign league minimum free agents to fill out the roster. Is there a minimum (total) salary level required by the league to stay a viable NBA franchise?

I know that's a fairly stoopid question - but I'm kinda down right now. Maybe they'll do a late season "deal" on NBA-LP.

I believe there is a minimum, or floor on the payroll

of any NBA team.

Otherwise, some joker would simply field a team made up

totally of Development League players and pass them off

as NBA quality.

--------------------------

Right on. There is no indication that this bunch of Bozos really want a winnning team - they just want "entertainment". It is not very entertaining to me. We have no hope as long as these jokers are in control. Can Belkin be any worse? At least we'd be rid of Billy and Woody.

Actually - they don't even care much about entertainment as far as the NBA goes. They want the Hawks to break even while they enjoy their Thrashers. (that's where the cool white girls go..and sadly...that's where they can entertain rich white guys).

DRAFT BELKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAWKS OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Belkin may not be a nice guy but he could not be worse in the win and loss department.

I don't know that that's true. He certainly would have fired Woody and BK but

A) His boston buddies may not be any better

B) JJ would not be here and he probably would not have signed any other FA's

I'm not sure that a generally evil guy wanting to run us on the cheap is much better than bozos who mean well but aren't that good.

I think in a best case scenario the Spirit wins, they fire BK, and hopefully hire a more competent GM/coach. This team is 1 trade and a new coach away from being damn good.

Quote:

Quote:

Belkin may not be a nice guy but he could not be worse in the win and loss department.

I don't know that that's true. He certainly would have fired Woody and BK but

A) His boston buddies may not be any better

I'm not sure that a generally evil guy wanting to run us on the cheap is much better than bozos who mean well but aren't that good.

I think in a best case scenario the Spirit wins, they fire BK, and hopefully hire a more competent GM/coach. This team is 1 trade and a new coach away from being damn good.

You see folks...this is the insanity I have to deal with. Given his way we WOULD HAVE JJ - AND - MORE! Belkiin APPROVED of the JJ Max offer and the JJ max offer with Diaw and the JJ max offer with Diaw and a FIRST.

He finally drew the line at TWO FIRSTS and DIAW and a MAX CONTRACT because he realized that BK was a crazed JJ lover....and Belkin was fired for incompetency. So he sued the damn fools. Only guy with a lick of sense on the whole ownership group as far as I would be concerned except for one thing. Since Belkin was stupid enough to include himself in the ASG originally...I wonder about him too. uglyhammer.gif

Sarver and Colangelo have said that they unquestionably would have matched the offer as they should have. Belkin only "approved" the money but not the trade because he knew that by refusing to that specific deal they would not be able to get JJ.

Either way, Belkin was not fired for incompetency. Stop saying stuff like this. It is 100% UNDENIABLE FACT THAT:

-The agreement said that each party (ATL, WAS, BOS) got one vote on every decision, the majority rules.

-When Belkin didn't like what the majority decided, he refused to do his job and send the trade to the NBA as required per his contract.

-The issue went to court, and the courts agreed that Belkin had no right to do what he did, and the ASG was to buy Belkin out.

As we know everything got messy in the buyout when Belkin tried to play legal games and backdoor his way into buying the team from the other owners.

But there is no denying that Belkin completely went back on his word and his business agreement as far as how decisions were to be made and screwed the other owners. You can't spin your way out of that. Belkin only sticks to his word if it works to his advantage.

Quote:

...But there is no denying that Belkin completely went back on his word and his business agreement as far as how decisions were to be made and screwed the other owners. You can't spin your way out of that.
Belkin only sticks to his word if it works to his advantage.

Oh Holy Horse Patooty...Belkin would not have been placed in such a stupid position as Governor if BK (backed by other ASG-ers) didn't want to give away the farm, the land, the live stock, and the kitchen sink for JJ.

Bottom line is Belkin wanted to gamble for a better deal and these oafs followed BK's advice to send all for a prime shooting guard. Well somehow PHX has managed to get along without him!

I'm sick and tired of all this BK backing Belkin hating sheet. Belkin had it right and we are now riding BKs plan - get used to it Las cause you are currently looking at BK's dream team. The deal is now over. BK has ridded the team of the bad contracts and EVERY DAMN PLAYER has BK's signature all over him. So let's just [censored] watch.

Two years ago I said BK would demolish a 4th/5th/6th place team only to replace it 5 years later with another one - I gave him too much credit...except for the check cashing part - he and Woody have done well there.

I am in no way defending what the ASG / BK have done since.

My point is you can not deny that Belkin is a guy who knowingly broke his contract and went back on his word because he didn't like what the majority wanted. Everything we know about him is consistent with an evil guy you can't trust. The ASG was complaining that he refused to let them spend money. If he cared about the franchise he would have agreed with the ASG's petition to request that the case be processed quicker but he doesn't care because he has no problem bleeding the franchise. And the ownership may be the reason BK/Woody are still around. Or not, who knows?

It appears the 2 choices are a bunch of bozos and an evil bastard. I'll take the guys who want to do good things.

Just because BK is relatively worthless does not make Belkin a better owner than the ASG. And you can't spin it that Belkin was the good guy in the JJ affair. He clearly broke his contract and his word and tried to make a power move. He was flat out wrong and shady in that case.

My question is, when Belkin is bought out, how will the atl/washington parties come to a concensus when they disagree on a decision?

Quote:

I'm not sure how you can say ANY of this. Pheonix couldn't have afforded to match JJ (and the upfront loaded deal) at the time so we may simply have gotten him more cheaply. Regardless, we would then go onto either another FA and/or another worse year acquiring us say Aldridge rather than SW. Perhaps another worse year with Durant instead...the point being,...

Mediocrity is the worst place in basketball. We are SQUARELY on course for it if not shipwrecked there already. With our rookie contracts coming to fruition mediocrity is where we can AT BEST hope to remain (without a move for a player like Gasol, which BK is not bold or creative enough to make). I would rather be rebuilding in the Portland manner of rebuilding than the way we have. Smart, sound picks, trading for young talent. We blew our FA wad on JJ, Lo, and Speedy. I like JJ but it certainly hasn't worked out. With Belkin it may have worked out:

a) the same (we get JJ) but we retained our pick this year and had new, likely smarter coaches/GM

b) we rebuilt more in line with Portland, having higher draft picks, without BK not making the SW mistake or the Speedy/Lo mistakes, and having a more than likely better head coach. We might not have Law in this equation, but then again we might have better with smarter FAcy moves (better than Lo/Speedy) or trades..

I don't see how Belkin and the changes that would automatically come could be worse than what we now have. I hate to say it but I'm officially joining the dark side, a side I believe couldn't be any worse than the ownership/GM/coaching group we have now.

Quote:

...I hate to say it but I'm officially joining the dark side, a side I believe couldn't be any worse than the ownership/GM/coaching group we have now.

Good Show Walter! Jolly Good Show!

In reality Belkin (for all his apparent and implied faults) is at least a basketball man. The others are primarily Hockey dudes. detective.gif