• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Serious thought for Hawks fans?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Why do you think that we are not bringing in 1st round talent to our workouts. Nobody we have brought in is estimated or worthy of the 21st pick. I mean, we could have at least brought in Reece Gaines or some other american players if it is thought that our intentions were to get a foriegn player.

I'll tell you why.

We have traded that Pick already.

I don't know to who or for what, But I know the 21st pick is already traded probably with one of our players.

If I had to guess, I would say that Big Dog and a 1st has been traded in principle to a team.

So here's the thinking part...

What team would trade with us??

There are some teams we can rule out:

Miami, Phoenix, NJ, Milwaukee, LAC... These teams already have stable SFs.

However, there is a deal with Phoenix that makes some sense... Grob for Penny. BUt again, with Matrix there, it makes little since unless the move is to make Grob play PF.

That leaves us a few choices:

NY. There's always the talks of Spree for Big Dog.

Dallas. Grob for NVE is an interesting deal.

Portland. Grob for Probably Damon Stoudamire (with a lot of extras involved....i.e. Nazr and Filler) or Grob/Nazr for Anderson/Filler.

Toronto. Grob/Filler/1st for A.D.? His contract is Long and I doubt he can put up good numbers any more.

Philly. Grob/1st for KVH?? Ugh.... Randy Ayers would probably do it too.

LAL. Unfortunately, the Lakers have nothing to trade...Outside of SHaqKobe. Well, there's one thing: Grob/1st for Fisher/FOX.... UGH.

GS. Hmmm.... The word out of GS is that Jamison is GONE. However, I don't think it's this year. However, here's something:

Grob/1st for Bob Sura/Mike Dunleavy Jr. NOW if Dunleavy becomes Coach here... This makes a whole lot of sense.

JT/Sura/MDJ/SAR/Theo...

Memphis

There's something. GRob/Nazr/1st for Knight/Persons/Battier.

Actually, this is a very good deal for both teams. Being that we will need a 2, we have Battier. Being that we would need a three, we have Persons. However, JT would have to become a much better PG.

Houston

Grob/1st to Houston for Nachbar/Rice. I can see this.

JT/Glover/Nachbar/SAR/Theo.

Seattle

Grob/JT/1st for Booth/Lewis/Forte.

Would they do it? Probably. The thought that Lewis is their future was crushed when Ray Ray stepped into town. But that's a different story.

You forgot one team that I have been thinking about a lot lately. Orlando. They have as good as said that Grant Hill will be out all of next year and they are coming just short of saying for his career. They are applying for cap relief from the league and based on past things (like with Miami) they willget it. I bet they get about $5M in cap relief. Although at first thought you would not compare GRob to Hill, but I think he would fit in Orlando very well. No one would ever consider him the first option, thus less pressure. He would more set into a role where he did well (like when he played with Allen in Milwalkee)

I was thinking about a big trade that would help several teams. I am not that good at building trades so I will give you the principles and you can fill in the details.

ATL gives: GROB/#21 (Orlando), JT/NAZR (Toronto)

ATL gets: Gooden (Orlando), Carter (Toronto)

ORL gives: Gooden(Atlanta), Declerq/#15 (Toronto), Cap Space

ORL gets: GROB/#21 (Atlanta), A. Williams (Toronto)

TOR gives: A. Williams (Orlando), V.Carter (Atlanta)

TOR gets: JT/Nazr (Atlanta), Declerq/#15 (Orlando)

Atlanta is left with:

FA(Kenny Anderson)/Dickau

Vince Carter/Dion

SAR/IRA/Crawford

Gooden/Hendu

Theo/

...and a tad bit of cap relief

Orlando does it because they need a PG and a shooter to post up when TMac does his thing. They get 2 good ones. They would become a very potent offense. They still have a 1st round pick and a good bit of cap space for serviceable big men.

Toronto does it becasue they get a lot back and much younger. They currently have way too much money currently tied up with aging veterans. They get athletic at the PG spot, some size that can still play in the paint, and a #15 pick. Two picks in the fist 15 should definitely be a good start at getting younger and more athletic.

• Premium Member

Sorry Weasel, but I and most of the league doesn't share your total disdain for Big Dog. Yes, Big Dog will be hard to trade, but for what I have looked at, some teams would take it as soon as it is offered. For instance..

Big Dog/#21 to Philly for KVH...

Tell Knight to call King with that and watch the trade happen in seconds. Reasons... KVH is weigh overpaid. He's more of a chemistry killer than Big Dog.

Big Dog/Filler/#21 to Toronto for A.D.

Even if the filler was Chris Crawford... Tell Knight to call Gruenfeld and watch the trade happen in seconds. Reasons. AD is past his prime. AD is signed til when 2006-2007???

Big Dog/#21 for Mike Dunleavy Jr, Bob Sura.

Tell Knight to call St. Jean and Watch St. Jean do this in Milliseconds. Why? MDJ is a bust. Sura maybe in the last year of his contract but he has never added anything. Plus, #21 is reason enough for them. With Jamison being on his way out, Having Big Dog for short term and being able to dump Jamison's salary in the Expansion Draft would serve them fine.

EVEN...

Big Dog, JT, #21 to Seattle for Booth, Lewis, Forte

Is very very doable from their prospective. Reason. Booth is signed for 4 more years in Seattle. He sucks. Seattle would love to have JT. Love to have him. #21 is a good position for them with their other 2 first rounders. Lewis is good but he's not that good. The future of Seattle could easily be in the dynamic duo Of Allen/JT with Big Dog/Ramonivich/and Whatever C they land in the draft.

NYK - if we're giving them GRob & the 21st pick for only Spree, no thank you

DAL - see NYK

PTL - I would like more to have Anderson and be able to keep JT (which probably wouldn't happen if it were Damon)

TOR - all that for only AD?

PHL - I would rather give filler than the 21st pick. plus, I'm not sure SAR and KVH would play well together.

LAL - I dislike Fox just about as much as I do Reggie Miller or the Utah Jazz

GSW - I would do a GRob/21st for Jamison. As for Sura/Dunleavy, I'd rather have someone other than Dunleavy (not a big fan of his).

MEM - I would almost do it. I'd hate to give up Nazr, seeing as though we gave them LoWright as well.

HOU - No real opinion cause I honestly don't know a lot about Nachbar.

SEA - I'd be close to pulling the trigger on this one as well.

I don't feel that Toronto would be willing too give up those two for what they would be getting in return.

As for Orlando, why would they, as a high octane team, want to give up on a future star in Gooden and receive another scorer in the form of a slow@ss by the name of GRob.

More likely...

ATL gives: JT, GRob, Nazr, 21st

ATL gets: Carter, Williams

ATL lineup: A.Williams/Glover/Carter/SAR/Theo

ORL gives: Gooden, Declerq, 15th

ORL gets: JT, Nazr, A.Davis

ORL lineup: JT/McGrady/Giricek/Nazr/AD

TOR gives: Carter, A.Williams, A.Davis

TOR gets: GRob, Gooden, Declerq, 15th, 21st

TOR lineup: Alston/Peterson/GRob/Gooden/J.Williams

Maybe Diesel's right about the Hawks trading the pick but this franchise doesn't do anything a normal NBA franchise would do. From ownership (or lack of) on down this franchise can make your head spin. Remember last year they traded up to get Dickau and never worked him out.

I agree that it is strange they haven't brought in more 1st round prospects considering their scouting staff is so small. Wouldn't they want to get a first hand look at prospects???

I would much rather have Battier than any one we

could get in the draft in the first round.

Big Dog is a terrific scorer but he doesn't fit with the

rest of the Hawks.

Hawks have a lot of talent. It just doesn't mesh as it

should.

Detroit's International scout guru as our new G.M. ??

He would surely believe in strengthening that department

for the Hawks. This is our weakest link in the chain of

command for this orginization. If I were the new owner,

you can bet your sweet patootie that this would be

my greatest priority -- Bigger and better scouting

department.

The only workouts the Hawks have made public are the ones they want the rest of the league to know about. They may have worked out many other guys in secret, but they don't want other teams to know who they like. Or, they may have already promised someone they will use the 1st round pick on them, and now they are focusing on the 2nd round.

I think they either know Jarvis Hayes will slide to them, have promised Boris Diaw-Riffiod that they will take him, or maybe have given a promise to one of the high school kids like Ndubi Ebi.

I think Diaw-Riffiod is probably the most likely scenario.

• Premium Member

At least, there's one guy who is worthy of being a first round pick in thier workout.... Or maybe they are expecting West to slide.

I don't think any workouts were secret. I think that we may have traded the pick. Think about it.

We are already over the cap and JT needs a contract. Why would we entering into another guaranteed contract when we have NO Gaurds and are over the cap?

I think that We have used that 1st rounder with somebody. Yesterday, i speculated it being used with Big Dog. Some interesting possibilities.

Later on this weekend, I will venture into it being used with JT then it being used with SAR.

of the three, I think JT is most likely because a sign and trade of JT/Nazr/1st could bring us back something substantial.

Because we are currently going into next season with only 7 players signed. That's why they will gladly accept the guaranteed contract that isn't going to put any sort of strain on their payroll. The 21st pick will make less than a million per year.

• Premium Member

Yeah, But the 21st pick is still signed for 4 years just like Dickau. And once you start talking about Signing JT this year.

Luxury tax:

JT = 5.5 million.

Theo 10 million.

Reef 13.5 million.

Big Dog 10 Million.

Hendu 7 Million.

CC 3 million.

Nazr 5 million.

Dickau .600 million.

Let's do the math here...

54.1 million.

This is in the luxury zone.

When Our Owners are still AOL, they don't want to pay DOUBLE for #21.

And we still have NO Gaurds.

If #21 holds Any good value, I betcha we use it with a combination of our signed players to get somebody that fits our needs.

Nazr/Big Dog/#21 for Rose/Fizer?

That's a wish...

But you get the picture.